Grant Williams does it all

His ball handling skills aren't very good. Would be better if he passed the ball as quickly as possible to a better ball handler.

He's not very fleet of foot. Guarding out away from the basket is not easy for him.

He doesn't always hustle, may be a bit lazy. He picks and chooses when he gives 100%.

His best attribute is he's smart and knows when he has the advantage. Being smart he can be an opportunist exploiting situations when they arise.

Reactions: govols105
His ball handling skills aren't very good. Would be better if he passed the ball as quickly as possible to a better ball handler.

He's not very fleet of foot. Guarding out away from the basket is not easy for him.

He doesn't always hustle, may be a bit lazy. He picks and chooses when he gives 100%.

His best attribute is he's smart and knows when he has the advantage. Being smart he can be an opportunist exploiting situations when they arise.

39EF4E38-8410-4F8D-B07B-A1EE6E2301C3.gif

E1E248E6-10DD-434C-AD79-6D84050DD6A0.gif

My assessment is fair. Barnes would likely agree with me.

He has the most turnovers on the team.

He has by far the most free throw attempts on the team. He's smart, understands the refs, and forces the action near the basket knowing he'll likely get foul shots.

The farther he moves away from the rim the less I like him as a player.

He has by far the most free throw attempts on the team. He's smart, understands the refs, and forces the action near the basket knowing he'll likely get foul shots.

This post was about him being a good person and helping someone.

In my humble opinion, your argument is very flawed. Let me tell you why.

You might personally like him less the further away he gets from the basket, but he’s shooting 4 for 7 from beyond the arc and him and Bowden have the best 3P% on the team.

Yes he leads the team in turnovers, but a lot of that is because he’s on the floor more than most of the other guys on the team. He’s averaging almost 32 minutes a game. Additionally, he’s averaging nearly 4 assists per game this season.

Compared to last season, his FG% is up 17%, his 3 point % is up 45% and he’s averaging nearly 2 more assists per game.

All while averaging only 0.6 more turnovers per game than he did last season.

To summarize: he’s on the floor 80% of the game, leads the team in points, rebounds, FTA and FTM while shooting 65% from the field, 57% from long range, and averaging nearly 4 assists per game. Unheard of numbers for a Power Forward.

For someone who touches the ball on as many possessions as he does I don’t think 2.6 turnovers per game is bad at all.

Just my opinion.

Grant Williams trying to become an NBA player will hurt us the next two years. Barnes will have to watch that closely. At the same time I was thinking the same thing about Admiral at the beginning of last year (Him trying to be a guard not the NBA part)

Grant Williams trying to become an NBA player will hurt us the next two years. Barnes will have to watch that closely. At the same time I was thinking the same thing about Admiral at the beginning of last year (Him trying to be a guard not the NBA part)

Yeah it sucked him being named SEC player of the year last season, helping us being ranked #5 in the nation right now. Definitely hurting us.

Grant is giving Scotty Hopson a run for his money as biggest bust in UT history.
Don’t forget Robert Hubbs III.

I agree that Williams just isn’t living up to the hype. Grant was a 5 star recruit, number 1 ranked PF in his class and MVP of the McDonald’s All American game. Jay Bilas said he was the most dominant player on the low post that he’d seen since Blake Griffin at Oklahoma. Joe Lunardi predicted Tyler Hansbrough-like numbers out of him.

Friggin bust, dude.

Yeah it sucked him being named SEC player of the year last season, helping us being ranked #5 in the nation right now. Definitely hurting us.

If he stays on the post like he did all of last year then it won't, but hes obviously trying to become a wing player. Hopefully its a healthy balance.

Hes not a wing player, and hes trying to be one. Against less competition it doesn't matter, we'll see how it goes over the season.

If he stays on the post like he did all of last year then it won't, but hes obviously trying to become a wing player. Hopefully its a healthy balance.

Hes not a wing player, and hes trying to be one. Against less competition it doesn't matter, we'll see how it goes over the season.
I think he’ll be just fine either way.

In my humble opinion, your argument is very flawed. Let me tell you why.

You might personally like him less the further away he gets from the basket, but he’s shooting 4 for 7 from beyond the arc and him and Bowden have the best 3P% on the team.

Yes he leads the team in turnovers, but a lot of that is because he’s on the floor more than most of the other guys on the team. He’s averaging almost 32 minutes a game. Additionally, he’s averaging nearly 4 assists per game this season.

Compared to last season, his FG% is up 17%, his 3 point % is up 45% and he’s averaging nearly 2 more assists per game.

All while averaging only 0.6 more turnovers per game than he did last season.

To summarize: he’s on the floor 80% of the game, leads the team in points, rebounds, FTA and FTM while shooting 65% from the field, 57% from long range, and averaging nearly 4 assists per game. Unheard of numbers for a Power Forward.

For someone who touches the ball on as many possessions as he does I don’t think 2.6 turnovers per game is bad at all.

Just my opinion.

This 1000 times

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

VN Store

Back