Best Series Finale

The Office had a great finale.

Creed breaking out the guitar starts the waterworks every time.
The Office finale was good because it put a bullet in a series that ran way too long. I felt some odd moral duty to see it through but I dreaded Thursdays at the end.

I thought Sopranos had a great finale, it pissed so many people off and let the viewers write their own ending.

Reactions: davethevol
The Office finale was good because it put a bullet in a series that ran way too long. I felt some odd moral duty to see it through but I dreaded Thursdays at the end.

I thought Sopranos had a great finale, it pissed so many people off and let the viewers write their own ending.
The last two seasons of The Office wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't the same without Michael. He truly made the show imo.

The last two seasons of The Office wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't the same without Michael. He truly made the show imo.

I was pretty critical of the last 2 seasons back when they aired, and I still stand by some of the criticisms, but I recently did a full series watch through again and they actually weren't as bad this time. I still think the worst season with Michael is still far better than them, but those 2 seasons are still better than most sitcoms.

In hindsight I wish they had been able to get Bob Odenkirk to replace Steve Carell, because the one episode he guest-starred in he was gold. Or instead of making Andy manager and going through all that garbage, do like they did Will Ferrell and have a guest star come in and be the manager for 4-5 episodes then switch and make it a running joke that they can't keep a manager.

Reactions: Stoked
Burn notice
Dexter

I've never seen the finale of mash, but sounds good.

Initially, I felt that way. Having gone back and watches those episodes again, there is some great stuff.

How about the Friday Night Lights series finale? I thought it was it was great. Actually the Pilot episode was awesome as well.

Texas Forever. Actually, Tennessee forever.

The writing went south so bad. Andy went from a goof to an ******* just being mean to people. It wasn’t funny in a Michael Scott way or even a David Brent way. It was just rude. The Florida stuff was for the most part quite bad. The athlead stuff added despair with no real humor. Then you see the writing start positioning the show for a Dwight spinoff that never materialized. I’ve rewatched the series three or so times, the first time I watched it all and thought hmm the last two seasons were quite bad. The next time I found myself slogging through 8 and thought I don’t have to do this. The last time I just stopped at the end of 7. There are a few funny bits but it’s not worth sifting through all the dumb plot lines and erratic personality changes.

Burn notice
Dexter

I've never seen the finale of mash, but sounds good.
Burn Notice had a really great ending. I was about to give up on the show in the 5th season when it went from a fun show to a really dark one. Definitely a strong finish.

The writing went south so bad. Andy went from a goof to an ******* just being mean to people. It wasn’t funny in a Michael Scott way or even a David Brent way. It was just rude. The Florida stuff was for the most part quite bad. The athlead stuff added despair with no real humor. Then you see the writing start positioning the show for a Dwight spinoff that never materialized. I’ve rewatched the series three or so times, the first time I watched it all and thought hmm the last two seasons were quite bad. The next time I found myself slogging through 8 and thought I don’t have to do this. The last time I just stopped at the end of 7. There are a few funny bits but it’s not worth sifting through all the dumb plot lines and erratic personality changes.

They ruined the Andy character, but to be fair it started before Season 8. The whole Erin/Andy romance was not only dragged out WAY too long, it was also a bad attempt at trying to recreate the Pam/Jim romance. Andy was great when he was the suckup d-bag and was tolerable when he started to become more likable, but they obviously had no idea what to do with him those last 2 seasons.

Making him manager was a mistake because they simply tried to make him Michael Lite at first. Then whole silly scenario with Nellie just taking his job and him recreating the wall punch. Then after working to get it back, just immediately flushes it to go on the boat trip thing. And I know they had to write him out a while because Ed Helms was filming The Hangover 3, but come on. His character "arc" makes no sense at all.

They ruined the Andy character, but to be fair it started before Season 8. The whole Erin/Andy romance was not only dragged out WAY too long, it was also a bad attempt at trying to recreate the Pam/Jim romance. Andy was great when he was the suckup d-bag and was tolerable when he started to become more likable, but they obviously had no idea what to do with him those last 2 seasons.

Making him manager was a mistake because they simply tried to make him Michael Lite at first. Then whole silly scenario with Nellie just taking his job and him recreating the wall punch. Then after working to get it back, just immediately flushes it to go on the boat trip thing. And I know they had to write him out a while because Ed Helms was filming The Hangover 3, but come on. His character "arc" makes no sense at all.
He was one of my favorite characters then, but the last season they turned him into one of my least favorite. I loved seeing how pathetic he was being such a kiss-ass because he's so relate-able to so many people in office workplaces.

The episode where Jim takes his phone and hides it, then Andy tries kissing Michael's ass and tries to make plans to hang out with him outside of work was so hilarious! Michael tells him to stop and Andy gets mad and punches a hole in the wall is one of my top 3 favorite scenes. Lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
He was one of my favorite characters then, but the last season they turned him into one of my least favorite. I loved seeing how pathetic he was being such a kiss-ass because he's so relate-able to so many people in office workplaces.

The episode where Jim takes his phone and hides it, then Andy tries kissing Michael's ass and tries to make plans to hang out with him outside of work was so hilarious! Michael tells him to stop and Andy gets mad and punches a hole in the wall is one of my top 3 favorite scenes. Lol

giphy.gif

That is one of my favorites.
“Uhh Large Tuna, have you seen my phone”?

Reactions: Stoked

VN Store

Back