'19 TN RB Eric Gray

acc26548-bbc9-4797-a2bc-9636d5e5d674-NAS-SPORTS_kreager_column_18.jpg

“Coach Pruitt, I think he has a big vision for the program,” Gray said. “They’re not doing so hot this year, but they got a big win against Auburn, and they don’t have his players in there yet. I feel like once he gets his players in there, that program is gonna turn around.”

While Tennessee may not be in the same spot Michigan is right now, Pruitt has been selling Gray on what the future could hold for the Vols. And Gray says that pitch is something he’s familiar with and something he’s bought into before.

“It’s been a lot of (Pruitt) saying that I just gotta trust him,” Gray stated. “It’s just like when I was going into high school. I didn’t know where I wanted to go. There were a lot of places I could’ve gone to high school, but Lausanne was a school that hadn’t really won any games, and we had a new coach and a new coaching staff. They were just saying to trust the process, two or three years from now we’re going to have a state championship. And I bought into a vision that ninth grade year. I went to a school that hadn’t been to the playoffs. It was our first year going to the playoffs my ninth grade year. So I’m familiar with the process and trusting the process. Once you get the players in there, that’s how the program changes.”
Four-Star RB Eric Gray "Familiar" with Rebuilding Process at UT | RTI

That field, man. Thank God he didn’t shred some soft tissue.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
acc26548-bbc9-4797-a2bc-9636d5e5d674-NAS-SPORTS_kreager_column_18.jpg

“Coach Pruitt, I think he has a big vision for the program,” Gray said. “They’re not doing so hot this year, but they got a big win against Auburn, and they don’t have his players in there yet. I feel like once he gets his players in there, that program is gonna turn around.”

While Tennessee may not be in the same spot Michigan is right now, Pruitt has been selling Gray on what the future could hold for the Vols. And Gray says that pitch is something he’s familiar with and something he’s bought into before.

“It’s been a lot of (Pruitt) saying that I just gotta trust him,” Gray stated. “It’s just like when I was going into high school. I didn’t know where I wanted to go. There were a lot of places I could’ve gone to high school, but Lausanne was a school that hadn’t really won any games, and we had a new coach and a new coaching staff. They were just saying to trust the process, two or three years from now we’re going to have a state championship. And I bought into a vision that ninth grade year. I went to a school that hadn’t been to the playoffs. It was our first year going to the playoffs my ninth grade year. So I’m familiar with the process and trusting the process. Once you get the players in there, that’s how the program changes.”
Four-Star RB Eric Gray "Familiar" with Rebuilding Process at UT | RTI

I think the most interesting quotes in this article have to do with him talking about wanting to be closer to home. Seems like he's just hinting REAL hard he wants to come to UT.

Gray had 30 carries for 147 yards and a touchdowns in Lausanne's 21-14 loss to Christ Presbyterian Academy on Friday in the Division II-AA semifinals. He has the state career record with 138 total touchdowns.

Gray said he has kept track of Tennessee and what coach Jeremy Pruitt has done in his first season. "Everyone said when they couldn't move the ball on Charlotte, why would I think about going there. Then they went and beat Kentucky, the No. 12 team in the country. I think he's doing well. He's got the right coaches. He just has to get his players in there."

Gray said travel is the biggest drawback to Michigan. "It's the travel and my mom getting there. It's not the only school I can do what I need to do." Gray said he still plans to sign during the early signing period, which begins Dec. 19.
Why Michigan football commitment Eric Gray still might pick Tennessee Vols

Last edited:
Gray had 30 carries for 147 yards and a touchdowns in Lausanne's 21-14 loss to Christ Presbyterian Academy on Friday in the Division II-AA semifinals. He has the state career record with 138 total touchdowns.

Gray said he has kept track of Tennessee and what coach Jeremy Pruitt has done in his first season. "Everyone said when they couldn't move the ball on Charlotte, why would I think about going there," Gray said. "Then they went and beat Kentucky, the No. 12 team in the country. I think he's doing well. He's got the right coaches. He just has to get his players in there."

Gray said travel is the biggest drawback to Michigan. "It's the travel and my mom getting there," Gray said. "It's not the only school I can do what I need to do." Gray said he still plans to sign during the early signing period, which begins Dec. 19.
Why Michigan football commitment Eric Gray still might pick Tennessee Vols
I love our chances more than ever!!!!! Tennessee kid in Tennessee Orange!!

Reading the article it appears Michigan just had a higher ranked running back to commit.Probably part of the reason he’s looking around. You also have to worry about ole miss, they are really a lot closer to his home. It’s still over 300 miles to Knoxville.

Reading the article it appears Michigan just had a higher ranked running back to commit.Probably part of the reason he’s looking around. You also have to worry about ole miss, they are really a lot closer to his home. As a matter of fact I wonder how much farther from Memphis Ann Arbor is than Knoxville.
Roughly 5 hours farther away to Ann Arbor than to Knoxville

VN Store

Back