Its gonna take an act of God to beat the Green Bay Packers in 2018

The difference is I expect Fournette/Bosa/Cook to fail. Whether its by injury or poor play. It doesn't matter. They are simply destined to fail.

Irrelevant. Time will tell what does or doesn't actually observably happen but biased application of injury (if it's my guys it's injury if it's your guys injury doesn't count) will and should get you stomped every time. Even trolls need to be held to some kind of standard. This one is just obvious.

Reactions: volfanbill
For the record, I have not predicted them to win the Super Bowl. I've only said they will be the best team in the NFL during the regular season.

Playoffs are one-game elimination in the NFL. The best team does not always win. However, over a 16 game regular season, the best team typically will prove they are the best by having the best record.

I got the Packers dominating the regular season this year.
Like I said.......kiss of death. Pack didn’t stand a chance

You guys know I've been high on this team all off-season. I've been predicting that Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP in 2018 for a while now. I've also been saying the Packers will have the best record in the NFL in 2018. I have them going 14-2. With that said, after watching their first preseason game, they're even better than I thought they would be.

First of all, the Packers got an absolute steal in the 5th round with WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. I didn't watch any tape on him before the draft this year so he was not among my top WR prospects but after seeing him now, I wish I had cause he's an absolute beast. Definitely would have been among my top 3-4 WR prospects in the 2018 draft (alongside Antonio Callaway, Anthony Miller, and Equanimeous St. Brown). Marquez Valdez-Scantling has it all. Size, speed, length, athleticism, and ball skills. He reminds me a lot of Javon Walker (former Pro Bowl WR for the Packers in the mid-2000s). Another Packers rookie who impressed me was CB Josh Jackson. I wasn't that high on him going into the draft. Had him rated as just a 3rd round prospect. However, after his first preseason game I have to admit I was wrong. He looks like he's gonna be a really good player. I should have had him rated as a late 1st to early 2nd round player. He should pair with Jaire Alexander (who is an absolute stud) to provide the Packers with a great secondary for years to come. And finally, LB Oren Burks also stood out as a rookie I was not high on before the draft but looks absolutely great now. He's perfect for the new NFL as a coverage linebacker. He's very fast, athletic, and smart. Should make a huge impact as a rookie for the Packers given that linebacker is one of the few position groups they are weak at.

Next, lets talk about the Packers offense. Aaron Rodgers has never had this much talent alongside him on offense. The Packers have a backfield that is 3-deep with quality RBs (Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery). I expect Jamaal Williams to be the lead RB this year. He's poised for a breakout season. The WR corp is 5-deep with play-makers (Davante Adams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, and Randall Cobb). Adams has already proven himself to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. Look for the 3 rookies to all have their moments in 2018. I love all 3 but Valdez-Scantling looks like he could be the first to make a major impact. And finally, Rodgers also has an elite duo TEs (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis) this year. Jimmy Graham should be redzone target and Marcedes Lewis should provide great blocking for the running game. THIS OFFENSE LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE.

And finally, let's talk about the defense. They should be much improved in 2018. The secondary looks lights out now with the additions of Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and Tramon Williams. I expect 2nd year DBs Kevin King and Josh Jones to take big leaps forward this year. What used to be a position of weakness should become a position of strength for the Packers. The defensive line is also much improved this off-season with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson. He should combine with Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark to form the best 3-man defensive line front in the NFL. All 3 of these guys are absolute beasts. Now if there is one position group on defense that is still a concern, its the linebackers. The Packers will need rookie Oren Burks to be a really good player from the jump. They're also going to need Clay Matthews and Nick Perry to return to their form when the Packers were the best team in the NFL in 2011.

All in all, this looks like the deepest and most talented team in the NFL. They should coast through the regular season dismantling almost every opponent. Aaron Rodgers could break all sorts of records. THIS WILL BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL IN 2018.

Scantling has played in every game this year and has a whopping 424 yards and 3 TDs. Rodgers is winless on the road. Yet its going to take an act of God to beat the Packers. Lol.

Reactions: KBVol
Scantling has played in every game this year and has a whopping 424 yards and 3 TDs. Rodgers is winless on the road. Yet its going to take an act of God to beat the Packers. Lol.

I overlooked the importance of coaching once again. My God is Mike McCarthy awful. The Butch Jones of the NFL. This team has too much talent to be losing like this.

If they get a decent coach next year they will have a huge turnaround. The talent is there. All they lack if competent coaching.

I overlooked the importance of coaching once again. My God is Mike McCarthy awful. The Butch Jones of the NFL. This team has too much talent to be losing like this.

If they get a decent coach next year they will have a huge turnaround. The talent is there. All they lack if competent coaching.
He's been the coach since 2006, you didn't realize that in all your film studying and expertise?

He's been the coach since 2006, you didn't realize that in all your film studying and expertise?

I always look at the players whenever evaluating NFL teams. Other than for the Patriots who always look like they should be awful but are good because of the coaching, I don't really take coaching into account when it comes to the NFL.

I always look at the players whenever evaluating NFL teams. Other than for the Patriots who always look like they should be awful but are good because of the coaching, I don't really take coaching into account when it comes to the NFL.
So it shouldn't matter if they have Mike Mccarthy then?

giphy.gif

Reactions: TrueOrange
So it shouldn't matter if they have Mike Mccarthy then?

Well this is the first time I've seen the Packers loaded with this level of talent. I knew McCarthy wasn't a great coach since they've underachieved with Aaron Rodgers. I just never thought he could be this bad until this season.

Your very last statement says it all about you. Lol.

"It's going to take an act of God to beat the packers",...........Or the Seattle Seahawks

You guys know I've been high on this team all off-season. I've been predicting that Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP in 2018 for a while now. I've also been saying the Packers will have the best record in the NFL in 2018. I have them going 14-2. With that said, after watching their first preseason game, they're even better than I thought they would be.

First of all, the Packers got an absolute steal in the 5th round with WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. I didn't watch any tape on him before the draft this year so he was not among my top WR prospects but after seeing him now, I wish I had cause he's an absolute beast. Definitely would have been among my top 3-4 WR prospects in the 2018 draft (alongside Antonio Callaway, Anthony Miller, and Equanimeous St. Brown). Marquez Valdez-Scantling has it all. Size, speed, length, athleticism, and ball skills. He reminds me a lot of Javon Walker (former Pro Bowl WR for the Packers in the mid-2000s). Another Packers rookie who impressed me was CB Josh Jackson. I wasn't that high on him going into the draft. Had him rated as just a 3rd round prospect. However, after his first preseason game I have to admit I was wrong. He looks like he's gonna be a really good player. I should have had him rated as a late 1st to early 2nd round player. He should pair with Jaire Alexander (who is an absolute stud) to provide the Packers with a great secondary for years to come. And finally, LB Oren Burks also stood out as a rookie I was not high on before the draft but looks absolutely great now. He's perfect for the new NFL as a coverage linebacker. He's very fast, athletic, and smart. Should make a huge impact as a rookie for the Packers given that linebacker is one of the few position groups they are weak at.

Next, lets talk about the Packers offense. Aaron Rodgers has never had this much talent alongside him on offense. The Packers have a backfield that is 3-deep with quality RBs (Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery). I expect Jamaal Williams to be the lead RB this year. He's poised for a breakout season. The WR corp is 5-deep with play-makers (Davante Adams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, and Randall Cobb). Adams has already proven himself to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. Look for the 3 rookies to all have their moments in 2018. I love all 3 but Valdez-Scantling looks like he could be the first to make a major impact. And finally, Rodgers also has an elite duo TEs (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis) this year. Jimmy Graham should be redzone target and Marcedes Lewis should provide great blocking for the running game. THIS OFFENSE LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE.

And finally, let's talk about the defense. They should be much improved in 2018. The secondary looks lights out now with the additions of Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and Tramon Williams. I expect 2nd year DBs Kevin King and Josh Jones to take big leaps forward this year. What used to be a position of weakness should become a position of strength for the Packers. The defensive line is also much improved this off-season with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson. He should combine with Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark to form the best 3-man defensive line front in the NFL. All 3 of these guys are absolute beasts. Now if there is one position group on defense that is still a concern, its the linebackers. The Packers will need rookie Oren Burks to be a really good player from the jump. They're also going to need Clay Matthews and Nick Perry to return to their form when the Packers were the best team in the NFL in 2011.

All in all, this looks like the deepest and most talented team in the NFL. They should coast through the regular season dismantling almost every opponent. Aaron Rodgers could break all sorts of records. THIS WILL BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL IN 2018.

I hate you. I really do man.

Just leave my teams out of your predictions from now on, please.

Dude, we haven't had a pass rush since 2011 and an above average offensive line since 2014. Sure, we may have the most talented QB of all time and a top 3 or 4 WR group in the NFL but when your OL, DL, and LB's are below average, it's going to be tough to win a lot of games in this league.

McCarthy is fine. Not a world beater by any means but he's not producing too far off his talent level. Should we have been in the Super Bowl in 2011 and 2014? Maybe, but you still have to go out there and win. No one to blame but yourself. It's a collective effort and as an organization we have failed to address our needs effectively. Sure, we've spent a bunch of draft picks on our secondary but I've continually preached the DL is the bigger issue. Giving a guy 4 or 5 seconds to throw most downs is a big problem and acquiring the best secondary in the NFL won't fix that.

We should be a playoff team but we aren't. The margin for error in the NFL is very, very thin. Hopefully we can get another ring before Aaron runs out of gas. That's all I'm praying for.

And for God's sake, please stop picking my teams to win anything. That includes UT athletics, The Green Bay Packers, The Nashville Predators, The Los Angeles Lakers and Tottenham Hotspur. Please, just please, STOP.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back