Sony will not be attending E3 2019 (plus PS5 news/rumors)

Brave Volunteer

Wow, this is a shocker!

Sony Confirms PlayStation is Skipping the E3 2019 Annual Event

“PlayStation fans mean the world to us and we always want to innovate, think differently and experiment with new ways to delight gamers. As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can’t wait to share our plans with you.”

And for PS5 rumors...

Rumor: PS5 Reveal Set for Mid-2019 & Major Reveal at PSX 2019, Release Planned for 2020

Hoo-boy! Here we go. With Sony confirming yesterday that the company won’t be at E3 next year, it got some people thinking whether this has something to do with the impending PS5. Well, as it turns out, it is!

Over on Reddit, user RuthenicCookie who posted about Sony’s non-appearance at E3 2019 hours before Sony announced it, let go of a few key details regarding the PS5. According to the leaker, while Sony won’t have a PlayStation Experience event this year, the event will return next year, and bringing with it is the PS5! Supposedly, there’s a “small” reveal (possibly an announcement or confirmation of it) in mid-2019, with the big blowout reveal happening at PSX 2019! Bear n mind that the leaker says that plans might change.

Regarding possible PS5 specs...

If rumors are true Sony has basically paid AMD to have the exclusive rights for a while to the new Navi gpu also if rumors are correct it will have a UHD 4K disk drive, a 2tb hhd, a Navi 12 gpu @ 11.2 teraflops, Zen+ Ryzen 5 CPU and 16gbs of Gddr6 RAM. The system will also be fully backwards compatible with all PS4 titles physical and digital.

If it’s fully BC with digital PS4 games then my body is ready.

I think this is a given, considering the PS5 will be using AMD hardware and X86 architecture, just like PS4 does. We should be able to transfer our entire PS4 library right over. I have already bought an 8tb external drive so I'm prepared!

11.2 teraflops is impressive. The 2080 Ti is 10.76 teraflops.

Xbox One X is 6 teraflops, PS4 is 1.8, and PS4 Pro is 4.2.

What I really want to see is an ultra premium VR experience with that level of power. I think they could potentially get away with releasing a Playstation VR 2 with 4K screens per eye, given that the standard PS4 can output two 1080p screens on essentially 6-7 year old tech.

Supposedly the holy grail for VR is 8K per eye but we are a long way off from that. 4K per eye is probably doable and would produce a truly believable VR experience.

They're working on something big. I bet they broaden the VR experience beyond games.

11.2 teraflops is impressive. The 2080 Ti is 10.76 teraflops.

Xbox One X is 6 teraflops, PS4 is 1.8, and PS4 Pro is 4.2.

What I really want to see is an ultra premium VR experience with that level of power. I think they could potentially get away with releasing a Playstation VR 2 with 4K screens per eye, given that the standard PS4 can output two 1080p screens on essentially 6-7 year old tech.

Supposedly the holy grail for VR is 8K per eye but we are a long way off from that. 4K per eye is probably doable and would produce a truly believable VR experience.

Imagine all that power in the hands of Sony's talented dev studios! The games are going be impressive! I'm ready now!

VN Store

Back