What do you consider to be the best football movie?

Remember the Titans is #1 for me but others come and go in the top 5 like Rudy, We Are Marshall, Friday Night Lights, etc etc

I found a trailer for Wildcats!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIdGBLcVsxM[/youtube]

What about Lucas (RIP Corey Haim)? I still fantasize about the girl.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgR0tF1XXRQ[/youtube]

Dazed and Confused

They never actually showed any football, but it was central to the plot. Plus, the one liners are excellent.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't stand Remember the Titans because they played up the racial aspect so much. All the schools were integrated when they won state. Blacks and whites at TC Williams had been integrated on the football team for like 4 years already. They won state like 30-0, not on a last second trick play.

If they just called it fiction I would love the movie, but when they present it as truth while trying to make important social points I think they hurt the message.
Football and Remember the Titans
T. C. and its former football coaches, Herman Boone and Bill Yoast, were featured in the 2000 motion picture Remember the Titans, starring Denzel Washington and Will Patton. The movie was a dramatization of the consolidation of Alexandria's three public high schools into one in the fall of 1971. That year, the city of Alexandria consolidated three four-year high schools into a single two-year school, teaching solely juniors and seniors.[11] As a result, the best of the varsity football squads at George Washington High School (converted to a middle school), Hammond High School (converted to a middle school) and T. C. Williams High School united in what amounted to an all-city, all-star team at T. C. Williams. The city's public schools were legally desegregated in 1959, but the three high schools had become racially imbalanced during the 1960s due to housing patterns. Racial tension is one of the themes of the film.
The climax of the movie is the fictionalized 1971 AAA state championship football game between T. C. Williams and George C. Marshall High School. The dramatic license taken in the movie was to convert what was actually a regular-season matchup between T. C. Williams and Marshall into a made-for-Hollywood state championship. In reality, the Marshall game was the toughest game T. C. Williams played all year and the actual state championship (against Andrew Lewis High School of Salem) was a 27–0 blowout. As depicted in the movie, the real Titans won the Marshall game on a fourth down come-from-behind play at the very end of the game.

Another vote for Remember the Titans.

In Friday Night Lights the team they are portraying didn't even make it to the state championship right? But it is still my favorite.

VN Store

Back