2014 F Kevon Looney

I keep seeing climate being mentioned, apparently he really loved the climate out there. Not sure how the weather was here, but clearly Mother Nature hates Tennessee.

Reese (inb4 he's lebron) will be solid. He's been putting in a great amount of time practicing and putting on weight.

Also, does anyone know if Looney told Martin he was coming here?

Stokes isn't returning... If he made a big deal about it last year, I highly doubt he's staying. From what I understand he's tired of taking classes and just wantss an NBA paycheck. JMO

Reese (inb4 he's lebron) will be solid. He's been putting in a great amount of time practicing and putting on weight.

Also, does anyone know if Looney told Martin he was coming here?

He's put in all that time yet is getting beat out by a freshman, what makes you think he'll randomly hurdle AJD next year if he can't beat him out this year?

No I don't think looney told anyone where he was going.

Stokes isn't returning... If he made a big deal about it last year, I highly doubt he's staying. From what I understand he's tired of taking classes and just wantss an NBA paycheck. JMO

Stokes was an honor student in high school. I doubt he's tired of taking class after only a year and a half.

Perhaps. I think on the court production plays a much bigger role though. Having success amd making the dance trump "projected" talent IMO. One is tangible and the other is opinion.

I dont know that they are not great players any more than you know that they are great players. Yes production on the court is the most important thing but there are very few exceptions where teams that dont have consistent top 25 classes have consistent top 25 teams. It is tangible when you look at that evidence.

Reactions: 2 people
I keep seeing climate being mentioned, apparently he really loved the climate out there. Not sure how the weather was here, but clearly Mother Nature hates Tennessee.

It was cloudy with a high of 72 on the Saturday of his visit. Clearly, the weather is better in Cali. But, if guys choose a school based on the weather...

It was cloudy with a high of 72 on the Saturday of his visit. Clearly, the weather is better in Cali. But, if guys choose a school based on the weather...

But if you only plan on being in school for one winter, LA is hard to beat. It's not like he plans on staying there. It's a platform for him to showcase, then get outta there.

....then he may be wet behind the ears.
....then he may get left out in the cold
....he may get hung out to dry

nah, Looney made what he thought was the best decision for him. IMO just sucks it wasn't here.

Stokes was an honor student in high school. I doubt he's tired of taking class after only a year and a half.
I was an honors and AP student in high school, yet my classes are way harder than any AP class.

Honors classes in memphis? Doubt they were very hard, no offense to Stokes. I know that Knoxville carries most of the schools in Tennessee because how bad the Memphis and Chat areas are.

Seems to me he's eager to jump in the NbA

I was an honors and AP student in high school, yet my classes are way harder than any AP class.

Honors classes in memphis? Doubt they were very hard, no offense to Stokes. I know that Knoxville carries most of the schools in Tennessee because how bad the Memphis and Chat areas are.

Any tangible evidence?

I dont know that they are not great players any more than you know that they are great players. Yes production on the court is the most important thing but there are very few exceptions where teams that dont have consistent top 25 classes have consistent top 25 teams. It is tangible when you look at that evidence.

You'll never convince me that an extra star next to a players name or ranking number regarding our class is tangible evidence of anything. They are both some jock sniffer's opinion.

The proof is played out on the court. That's where those projections become tangible.

What I hear you saying is that if Cofer and Austin get an extra star and that moves Tennessee into the top-25 in recruiting rankings, that somehow makes them better players. Surely you're not implying that, right? Those stars and rankings don't make them any better. They are what they are and no recruiting service's label changes that.

You'll never convince me that an extra star next to a players name or ranking number regarding our class is tangible evidence of anything. They are both some jock sniffer's opinion.

The proof is played out on the court. That's where those projections become tangible.

What I hear you saying is that if Cofer and Austin get an extra star and that moves Tennessee into the top-25 in recruiting rankings, that somehow makes them better players. Surely you're not implying that, right? Those stars and rankings don't make them any better. They are what they are and no recruiting service's label changes that.

I don't think he is saying that. I took him to mean that there usually is a correlation to top 25 recruiting rankings and a top 25 product on the court. I don;t think he is saying it is a guarantee tho. jmo

Based on what? Most people who took education seriously enough in high school to be honor students aren't going to burn out in a year and a half in college. I could be wrong in Stokes' case, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's itching to move on because of the rigors of undergrad. Now it is well-documented that he wants to leave to go to the NBA, but we all know that.

VN Store

Back