students have bought less than 7500 tix

The thing is tickets are too expensive for the experience. $83 for top most seat in YY? That is insane. Schools need to understand HDTV has made the viewing experience so much better on the couch and adjust.

students aren't paying $83.00 a ticket unless things are different at tennessee.

i can speak on this and say "back in my day" isn't too far back.

the thought of not going never once occurred to me.

the reasons i hear are just garbage. i went to 12:30 jefferson pilot games back in the day. i never had to give up alcohol. we drank before the game, we snuck it in during the game, we drank after the game.

for about half of the year, we were treated to a wet t-shirt contest in the 2nd half of games.

i am a crazy fan like so many others all over every school, but trust me i knew several girls who didn't know a football from a hockey puck and they all went and knew it was the place to be on a saturday.

it was.....wait for it.....wait for it.....fun!

i understand alumni because of cost, travel, the team isn't good, etc, etc, etc.

but, a student, where all you have to do is roll out of bed and then you are home within 20 minutes afterward.

i don't get it. sorry.

But that's so hard.

Also, no instagram or facebook access in stadium.

How are people supposed to know your mood every 15 minutes?

And I'm not even 30 years old.

Kids these days.

Reactions: 1 person
How long does it take a student to walk or stagger from their dorm, frat house, or apartment close to campus? LOL some of us drive 3hrs to come to every home game- I know there are others that come farther than that.. what in hell is wrong with our students? If they can buy booze or a little something else, they can buy tickets!!!! You see them walking around with cases of beer, along with their short skirted cowboy boot wearing trophy gf's.. and hey, they might just have the money to hit the Carousel later that night. :birgits_giggle:

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE .. :rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I chose to attend UT because it presented me an opportunity at an affordable and marketable education. Your enthusiasm is great, but there are better cities and universities. Not saying UT isn't a good place, but it isn't heaven on Earth like some make it out to be.

I do find it funny how the biggest Vol fans are those who never attended the university....

I grew up a vol fan, but didn't attend UT. There are many colleges in the state, but there is one football team.

I chose to attend UT because it presented me an opportunity at an affordable and marketable education. Your enthusiasm is great, but there are better cities and universities. Not saying UT isn't a good place, but it isn't heaven on Earth like some make it out to be.

I do find it funny how the biggest Vol fans are those who never attended the university....

I think the hills and creeks of East TN are pretty close to heaven on earth.

I'm a big TN fan and an alumnus.

If you know of better cities and universities, go hang out on their forums or better yet, move there.

Reactions: 3 people

I chose to go to UT because it presented me an opportunity for a good education as well...but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy all the pageantry of football Saturday - enjoying and expressing my enthusiasm for the band, the football team, the excitement and the FUN of the games! I loved it and still do!

But that's so hard.

Also, no instagram or facebook access in stadium.

How are people supposed to know your mood every 15 minutes?

And I'm not even 30 years old.

Kids these days.

i can remember going to 3:30 games. we would get back to an apartment, call in a pizza order, and take a shower. the pizza would arrive soon after and we would miss, at the most, the first few minutes of the espn primetime game that night.

then, after that it would be around 10 or so and we'd go out and party somewhere.

god, it was beautiful.

How is Neyland nice? Big =/= nice. Sure, there's a lot of history there, but the place looks like it hasn't been updated since Carter was in office. (Unless you include the suites I guess).

Have you actually walked around the whole stadium? It only looks that way on the east side and south end of the stadium.

Not a single undergrad has experienced a decent season. Does 7-6 count that Kiff brought? No. Its no wonder they don't want to come to the games. Losing sucks.

Reactions: 3 people
i can remember going to 3:30 games. we would get back to an apartment, call in a pizza order, and take a shower. the pizza would arrive soon after and we would miss, at the most, the first few minutes of the espn primetime game that night.

then, after that it would be around 10 or so and we'd go out and party somewhere.

god, it was beautiful.

I feel like this is beginning to get a little too Kenny Chesney but I remember it best when Hess Hall was the Jungle.

Is the $40 grand really worth it to the University? Seems like chump change in the grand scheme

$5x8000 tickets =$40,000

Edit: they are $10? Dang. That's $80k. Hmm. Still not worth it vs full and rowdy stadium

god, it was beautiful.

I never realized how awesome this routine was until I got my first real-world job after college. My routine mirrored yours but sometime around 9pm the ladies would come over and we'd crack open a bottle of spirits to get the pre-party party going. There always seemed to be 1 or 2 girls that were a little too eager with the booze. The trick was hooking up with the girls that wanted to have a good time but were "good girls" at heart. Those were the keepers. Man, good times...

I wish I could've appreciated it more when it was happening. Ah, the ignorance of youth.

Reactions: 1 person
We could put a sticky on here for students that would sell guest tickets. Cheaper than stubhub

My roommate in the dorms had never been to a UT game before. His first was the Florida game in 2004. Woke him up that morning by waving a jack and coke under his nose. That turned out to be a very good weekend!

VN Store

Back