Neyland music

ACvol3

I got to chat with John Pennington the other night, and he said to be prepared for more and better music in Neyland during the games to get the crowd pumped before kickoffs, etc. There will probably be a signature song or two outside of the band songs that will be used regularly if the response is as good as the coaches think it will be. He said Wisconsin and VT have done similar, and CBJ wants this to help get the biggest home field advantage possible.

He had been drinking, so tifwiw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Great. Crappy canned music blasted in stunning distorted low-def over the stadium loudspeakers; just what we need to create an environment that distinguishes itself above the others! If it's anything like what has happened at Tuscaloosa, it's going to be horrible.

Someone wake me when the band gets to play.

I think if the music they play is varied and of quality (like what they play at practices), the fans will like it and it could get them to get more riled up. It would be awesome to have a song that pumps up everybody (especially the students) like wisconsin and "jump around" and VT and "enter sandman". It would make it even better if we came up with something and didn't have to copy others

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I think if the music they play is varied and of quality (like what they play at practices), the fans will like it and it could get them to get more riled up. It would be awesome to have a song that pumps up everybody (especially the students) like wisconsin and "jump around" and VT and "enter sandman". It would make it even better if we came up with something and didn't have to copy others

Eric Beryyy, Eric Berry! Eric Beryyyy, Eric Berry!

Reactions: 2 people

That's exactly what he said they want to happen.. They want us to have our own "enter sandman" or "jump around"

As long as there's no more kid rock or POD, I'm good.

Reactions: 1 person
Great. Crappy canned music blasted in stunning distorted low-def over the stadium loudspeakers; just what we need to create an environment that distinguishes itself above the others! If it's anything like what has happened at Tuscaloosa, it's going to be horrible.

finally...someone who feels like me on this subject. Loathing the digital, drum machine crapola. Oh well, our voice doesn't count, 'bro.

I'd like some of what's been going on in Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: Frozevol and adowns
How about unchained by tupac and James brown from the django movie, it gets me pumped everytime I hear it and it would be original cause its off a movie soundtrack.

Maybe the pride will get some new music too. I love the band, and I love the traditional songs they play. I understand they play what they do mostly for their other ventures not football. However, they could play more music written this decade.
I think having the pride play the instrumental and the song playing on the speakers would be a great way to compromise. It my also benefit the pride by enticing kids from more areas.

VN Store

Back