The Golf Thread

Has anyone played Shiloh Falls or the State Park at Pickwick recently? Curious as to how their greens are for this weekend.

Has anyone played Shiloh Falls or the State Park at Pickwick recently? Curious as to how their greens are for this weekend.

Played Shiloh falls about 3 weeks ago and it was in good shape. Greens were fine and rolled pretty slow..but I had an 8:00 tee time and they had been watering it pretty heavily.

Has anybody ever traded clubs with golf galaxy? I'm thinking about trading my forged razr's & my R11s in for a new driver & maybe store credit depending on how much they'd give me. Looking at the amp cell & the VRS covert (not the tour version).

Both the irons & the driver have less than 10 rounds on them since I bought them, I just can't hit the driver consistently because it has an X stiff shaft in it & my swing speed isn't high enough for that. Surely GG would give me a good deal on them,no?

Just reshaft the driver, that will be your cheapest option

Has anybody ever traded clubs with golf galaxy? I'm thinking about trading my forged razr's & my R11s in for a new driver & maybe store credit depending on how much they'd give me. Looking at the amp cell & the VRS covert (not the tour version).

Both the irons & the driver have less than 10 rounds on them since I bought them, I just can't hit the driver consistently because it has an X stiff shaft in it & my swing speed isn't high enough for that. Surely GG would give me a good deal on them,no?

i've got a stiff r11s aldila stock shaft already tipped i might consider letting go of.

Nice. I'll probably end up going with the amp due to it's forgiveness. I've read on a few different sites that the stock shaft in the amp (fujikura fuel) is pretty noodly compared to others..even the stiff flex feels more like a regular flex. No idea if it's true for me or not til I try it out.

My buddy has the stock shaft & it is a little "whippy". I assume its stock. It's white with what looks like paint splattered on it.

"Regular" and "Stiff" really have no meaning anymore because nobody wants to play with a Regular shaft. So make Stiff the old Regular and watch it fly off the shelf.

"Regular" and "Stiff" really have no meaning anymore because nobody wants to play with a Regular shaft. So make Stiff the old Regular and watch it fly off the shelf.

I think most people buy the shaft that's going to help them play better. I don't care what the shaft is labeled as.

I noticed yesterday that the shaft in my wedges say "wedge flex". What is that comparable to and what type of results would one see if you replace them with a stiffer shaft?

I noticed yesterday that the shaft in my wedges say "wedge flex". What is that comparable to and what type of results would one see if you replace them with a stiffer shaft?

Wedge flex is usually a stiff flex designed more for feel and accuracy. You can experiment with kick points, but honestly I don't think you'll see much difference as far as yardage on wedges based on shaft flex.

Wedge flex is usually a stiff flex designed more for feel and accuracy. You can experiment with kick points, but honestly I don't think you'll see much difference as far as yardage on wedges based on shaft flex.

Good to know.

I played yesterday for the first time with my driver since cutting it down. I like it.

so about a month ago I was trying to hit a chip shot out of some thick heather. At impact, the grass was so thick that it stopped all momentum of my swing, thus sending the force through my right wrist. It hurt, but not enough to stop playing. I took a couple of weeks off, tried playing again and the pain was still there. Played through it, only making it worse. Now I can't really put any force on it without there being pain. Going to have it looked at on Monday, but it appears my golf game is shelved for quite a bit. This sucks.

so about a month ago I was trying to hit a chip shot out of some thick heather. At impact, the grass was so thick that it stopped all momentum of my swing, thus sending the force through my right wrist. It hurt, but not enough to stop playing. I took a couple of weeks off, tried playing again and the pain was still there. Played through it, only making it worse. Now I can't really put any force on it without there being pain. Going to have it looked at on Monday, but it appears my golf game is shelved for quite a bit. This sucks.

Been there before. Hit a root on a full wedge, and heard/felt a crack in my right wrist. The trainer said nothing was wrong, but it didn't feel right for about 6 weeks. Best of luck, hope it takes less time than mine.

If you were struggling, you will come back and play better. That's how it works for me. I play twice a week and am taking some time off. Warm winter so I played year round and need to regroup, let my elbows and aches settle down, then get ready for a fall run when the weather is perfect.

VN Store

Back