Izod Indy series

Not sure anyone will care but Kurt Busch tested an Indy car for Andretti at Indianapolis. He said in the future he would like to try and attempt the double.

His test is Thursday.

And he's going to attempt the double in 2014. Not sure what type of sponsorship will be lined lined up, but I'd imagine Chevy will have a heavy hand in it.

He needs more seat time than just Thursday between now and then. It would be beneficial if he could work a race into his schedule on an oval this year. Pocono will be ideal though very unlikely.

Panther Racing has terminated Hildebrand's contract. Briscoe will be taking his place at Detroit. They haven't announced who will be in the National Guard car for the remaining races.

Panther Racing has terminated Hildebrand's contract. Briscoe will be taking his place at Detroit. They haven't announced who will be in the National Guard car for the remaining races.

Interesting. I think outside of Indy a few years ago no one would know his name.

You think that last lap of Indy still weighs on him?

Sometimes baggage like that can be hard to drop.

Who knows. Either way, Sunday didn't help.

Panther hasn't done anything since Hornish no it's like it's all on him.

What are everyone's feelings on the two race weekend in Detroit as well as the ones later in the year?

I like it right now. Would like it more if it was just ovals.

I like the thought of a few standing starts as well. Would LOVE to see that on an oval.

I like the thought of a few standing starts as well. Would LOVE to see that on an oval.

That would be fun. I wish they would do something zany. Like bristol or martinsville.

I'd love to see some standing starts.

Any idea why they didn't schedule a race at COTA? I stumbled across a couple of articles last night that said COTA approached Indycar multiple times about a 2013 race. Did they not want to have 3 racellocations in Texas?

Viso starting from the pole today due to Dario having a 10 spot grid penalty. Conway will start on the pole tomorrow.

Allmendinger in the wall on the first lap. He tried to ramp Dixon's car Dukes of Hazard style.

Too bad for Allmendinger - hope Rog gives him the ride anyway. Wonder if AJ was regretting booting Conway.

Wonder how much Sonny's pays to have 2 cars sponsored - that's a lot of BBQ

Too bad for Allmendinger - hope Rog gives him the ride anyway. Wonder if AJ was regretting booting Conway.

Wonder how much Sonny's pays to have 2 cars sponsored - that's a lot of BBQ

Sonny's doesn't pay a dime. Coyne owns some of those franchises and advertises for his Sonny's restaraunts. So don't eat at a Sonny's unless it's one of Dale's.

FTR, both Ft. Myers, FL Sonny's are Coyne's

Last edited:

VN Store

Back