Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tee is coming home!

I heard the offense will play to the talent. If Bray was going to start it obviously not going to be spread or finesse as he wants to call it. Worley or Petterman got legs to run some. I think I read Cincy wanted Petterman so there is a clue.

I can see Peterman in that roll very easily... from his HS vids,, he has some skills

Asianti Woulard is very interested now.

Would be a great get.

Would be a great get........imho

I have not been on board with the CBJ hire and am still kinda wait and see... but recruiting will be first place I will watch close... hope he does well

It looks like the following are recruiting for the Vols and are on staff now (won't coach bowl game for Cincy)

Butch Jones
John Jancek
Mark Elder
Don Mahoney
Willie Martinez
Tommy Thigpen
Jay Graham

Coaching bowl game at Cincy:

Steve Stripling
Mike Bajakian

-Hubbs

Reactions: 1 person
If, for some reason, Tee doesn't accept the offer, 247 seems to believe that CBJ will either go with TJ Weist or even keep Hinshaw.

Hard to see anyone putting together a better staff for recruiting and hitting the trail running.
I completely agree. Butch is doing an excellent job so far, he is sticking to his plan he gave us during the presser.

With Tee and graham on board I am excited to see how we finish .

Is Staley still the GA?

247 doesn't think any of the GAs will be retained, but they have no confirmation as of now.

Does anyone know where CP is? Lol, 247 just said he was gone. He isn't in Knoxville, so 247 has a really hard time seeing Jones having even a chance of getting him to stay for a senior season. Obvious long-shot anyways, but I guarantee Jones will try.

Weren't people on here talking about his grades? He wouldn't be academically eligible anyways?

Has everyone begun to mentally prepare themselves for the reality that Jones and Company will not be able to get/keep all of the recruits they are currently targeting? This includes possibly losing some commits UT already has (both school and player decision) and missing out on some of the "new" targets, even some Big-Time players. I encourage this so that when the time comes there will not be a rash of "I can't believe he let so-and-so get away" or "He can only recruit Big East talent" posts/threads going around Volnation.

Also, there are going to be some recruits that, believe it or not, don't want to come to UT regardless of the coaching staff and, also, Saban, Richt, Muschamp, Miles, Meyer, Fisher, etc. have not quit recruiting nor are they intimidated by this new staff UT has (which, for the record, I am really starting to like) so they will probably keep some of the commits they have which means UT won't steal them away. I am looking forward to think recruiting season and I think we will all be pleased with the results come February.

This is just a warning :)

Reactions: 1 person
Has everyone begun to mentally prepare themselves for the reality that Jones and Company will not be able to get/keep all of the recruits they are currently targeting? This includes possibly losing some commits UT already has (both school and player decision) and missing out on some of the "new" targets, even some Big-Time players. I encourage this so that when the time comes there will not be a rash of "I can't believe he let so-and-so get away" or "He can only recruit Big East talent" posts/threads going around Volnation.

Also, there are going to be some recruits that, believe it or not, don't want to come to UT regardless of the coaching staff and, also, Saban, Richt, Muschamp, Miles, Meyer, Fisher, etc. have not quit recruiting nor are they intimidated by this new staff UT has (which, for the record, I am really starting to like) so they will probably keep some of the commits they have which means UT won't steal them away. I am looking forward to think recruiting season and I think we will all be pleased with the results come February.

This is just a warning :)

many recruits have came out and said that they are more interested in TN now, then they ever were with DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back