Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Tee comes on board I will have no more concerns about recruiting ties to the South. Adding thigpen was a great addition. I thought for certain he'd stay at the barn.

Reactions: 5 people
This is going to be a pretty damn good staff. Graham, Thigpen, Martinez, and Martin. Nice.

Plus the core guys from Cincy that will quicken the transition (they have pretty impressive resumes as well IMO). This is going to be a great staff IMO

Coachingsearch.com confirming.

Tennessee: Butch Jones has hired Cincinnati assistants Mike Bajakian, John Jancek, Mark Elder, Steve Stripling, and Don Mahoney. He retained Jay Graham and also hired former Auburn assistants Tommy Thigpen and Willie Martinez

If we get Tee, then it completes me. For real, I will like what he has done. Having his core guys he knows and adding some other good position coaches and recruiters and two elite guys who are UT orange to the core. I am feeling good. Will feel great with Coach Martin.

Tennessee: Butch Jones has hired Cincinnati assistants Mike Bajakian, John Jancek, Mark Elder, Steve Stripling, and Don Mahoney. He retained Jay Graham and also hired former Auburn assistants Tommy Thigpen and Willie Martinez

Yes, Yes.

One name missing, get it done CBJ.

Word on the street from our FL posters is that Stacey Cole is intrigued by UT and so is his friend a 4* DT that was being recruited by Butch at Cincy. Both would be great pickups. Hinshaw and Staley seem to have been working hard down in FL the last two weeks.

It's not the "best staff in America" IMO, but it is a really good one and a good start toward building the program back. Can adjust it as needed as he becomes successful.

It's been a crazy 3-4 days...

Earlier heard about Hinshaw, acted with caution (his being let go and subsequent hire by Stoops) until confirmed---hate losing his recruiting ability---had hoped he would be retained w/ CJG. Wish him well.

Really love the hiring of Martinez and Thigpen, two solid position coaches as well as good recruiters. Hope the rumors of Tee joining CBJ staff come to fruition.

So defensively, some thoughts...
Stripling DL
Jancek LB (*DC)
WM DB's
TT DB's or LB's??
He coached DB's prior to 2012 (coached LB's), but this hire would lead me to believe TT will coach LB's. Which would insinuate that Jancek will be DC (although he has stated he would be fine as a position only (LB) coach), this concerns me. I, for one, believe Jones should look outside his staff for a DC candidate. After all Jones stated his intentions to put together the best (available) coaching staff. Now granted that, for the most part, was "coach speak" and yes there is something to be said about continuity and familiarity but nonetheless, being that DC is such a significant position I believe Jones should take outside candidates into consideration. No doubt there are several DC's who would compliment CJB / CMB offense. JMO
Apologies for the length...

Reactions: 1 person
It's not the "best staff in America" IMO, but it is a really good one and a good start toward building the program back. Can adjust it as needed as he becomes successful.

Says who. CBJ is keeping score here. When he said best, he was the judge!!! I'm sure in his mind this is the best cause it's his!!

That's like saying you're ashamed of fathers who disapprove of scumbag boys his daughters bring home. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to approve of every choice the school makes.

It doesn`t mean you have disagree with every choice either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back