Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would thigpen come as well as Martinez or is it an either or situation?

I was thinking that as well. WM has a better track record as a position coach but TT is a stud on the trail. Guess you pick your poison but either way you can't really go wrong.

If he can finish with Tee he would have done a phenomenal job.

Agreed.

Is the consensus that Trooper will land somewhere else, or is he too diseased from the recruiting mess at Auburn for anyone to take a chance on him?

NOTE: I don't want him back at UT, just curious. I know the Berry brothers are big on him as well as many others, so I'm curious.

Tee Martin confirmed. Welcome back

Wut, now?!?!

I'm actually getting excited for this recruiting class with the assistants that Jones has brought in (or rumored to bring in for that matter)

I remember posting how I liked Kelly's offense better than Jones & how Kelly has adapt during his time at Notre Dame. Here is a good article about their differences, it's a 3 part article, go to the bottome of the article to go through each one.

The Difference Between Butch Jones and Brian Kelly: Part 1 - Down The Drive

Part 3 really shows why I like Brian Kellys offense better than Jones & why I wish/hope he adapts (but I don't think he will).

Also, by reading part 3 it would seem that guys like North, Croom, & Worley are bad fits for Jones offensive system. Sounds like Woulard would be a lot better fit than Ferguson.

Also, by looking at the players Jones has recruited to Cincy & looking at their leading rusher over the past few seasons it seems that Young & Watson fit his system while guys like Neal, Lane, & Gree will not. His system uses the smaller, shiftier backs.

Another thing too is looking at their roster all of Cincy's OL are under 300lbs, I'm assuming that's b/c Jones likes his OL to be able to get out & pull in his system. All of the OL at Tennessee are well over 300lbs & the ones we've had committed are also. Doesn't seem that would be a good fit.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. Just doing some research & observation right now.

I noticed Tee recruited Jason Hatcher, I know his recruitment his been a little shaky and see the position we are in with rush DEnds I would hope he would think about flipping.

Also, by looking at the players Jones has recruited to Cincy & looking at their leading rusher over the past few seasons it seems that Young & Watson fit his system while guys like Neal, Lane, & Gree will not. His system uses the smaller, shiftier backs.

Another thing too is looking at their roster all of Cincy's OL are under 300lbs, I'm assuming that's b/c Jones likes his OL to be able to get out & pull in his system. All of the OL at Tennessee are well over 300lbs & the ones we've had committed are also. Doesn't seem that would be a good fit.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. Just doing some research & observation right now.

Jones will adapt his offense to fit his personnel.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

That may have more to do with the caliber of athletes that UC is able to draw, than just scheme. Both at WR and OL. Armin Binns for example, he drew the conclusion that binns wasn't really a fit for Jones scheme based on size, when the obvious deduction for a bad fit to me was in his words "Binns is not the definiton of a precise route runner". Some of the conclusions that guy drew were kinda hinky to me.

Reactions: 2 people

Don't remember Pead being small and shifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back