Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly took most if his staff with him and how do you know jones won't change it up with new style of players e can get? Like a lil kid that won't shut up.

Me & some other people are having a good discussion yet you want to jump in the middle & run your mouth yet you call me the teenager.

Staff not complete. Martinez is good and so is Jay. Get Tee and it starts to make you feel better. I actually agree with you on the offense but like the fact when I researched it that he ran the ball more than he passed it this year. His D and kicking game have been solid. I like pro style better but if it is not a gimmic spread and one that runs the ball with a great QB it can work.

You got to have that great QB to make it go and that will be key. Also, why I would like two QB's this cycle.

:hi:

See Idk if the Martinez hire is a good one, he got fired from 2 jobs for a reason. I don't like the zone read option stuff at all. Just not a fan of it.

You think saying to someone to try being more positive even when you don't like things is pompous. Your post seems to be pompous. People who find success are not negative nancies. Think about it. You would not want Norman Vincent Peale to post in here either. He is not a troll but he is irritating as heck with his whining. See the most recent above posts by Jmoore to see he is getting better and coming out of it.
You are exactly right.

Remember this guys:

He molds his system to his talent. He doesn't just force his system on the players.

Sounds refreshing doesn't it?

I got over the hire in a day. Hell whining won't get a thing done. I personally didn't like it but I supported a dumber coach the past three years I can get behind this dude. Hires like Martinez and keeping Graham will help do damage. The recruits haven't been dogging Jones. He was at Cincy which is why he didn't get to prove anything as a recruiter. The coaches just need to develop the players we've got. I would bet money this defense won't be bad. If Vandy can have a top 20 defense with their players I believe we can too with the players we've got. There are holes but a good coordinator will play smoke and mirrors to hide some of them.

It is what Wilcox did and with less talent than I think we have now. I was upset with the hire just as you. Still, waiting and seeing but will try to find the good things he is doing. Jay and Willie and reaching out to Bell and others. You coach well what you got and you win more than you lose and show progress, recruits will come to UT. Really helps when you can point to guys you developed into NFL guys and his staff had a few.

Thank you sir. CP84 made Chaney look very good at times this year.

Actually, Ole Miss doesn't have any 1st rounders on their offense (that I know of), and their spread gave that stacked LSU defense all they could handle.

And yes, CP made Chaney look like a good coach. I'm glad he's gone. I don't think Bray ever knew what a hot route was.

EDIT: For clarification, I'm glad Chaney is gone, not CP.

Remember this guys:

He molds his system to his talent. He doesn't just force his system on the players.

Sounds refreshing doesn't it?

We will see if that happens, I think it was just coach talk. He has a certain system, which is why he is bringing his staff from UC with him, I just don't think that system can work on a consistent basis in the SEC. JMO.

jave36....... Most of the time I like your post and know you are a good poster so sorry if I offended you. But, looking at your pic in your avi (kudos on getting to meet them), I think I could kick the crap out of the guy in the middle. But the other guys, I would need to get my 4.5 speed back! :D

Auburn & Florida had 2 of the most explosive players in CFB, once they left we saw how those offenses diminished. Now Florida is going to a pro-style run team. Spurrier adjusted his offense when he came back to USCjr & landed Lattimore, he knew you had to line up & run the football to win on a consistent basis.

A&M had a great year, let's see if they can sustain that success over the next few seasons.

Auburn's offense completely fell apart when they tried going back to more of a pro style. Florida won a championship with Leak as the QB.

Reactions: 1 person
See Idk if the Martinez hire is a good one, he got fired from 2 jobs for a reason. I don't like the zone read option stuff at all. Just not a fan of it.

Come on jmoore what coach hasn't been fire two or three times? You stay in the business long enough you will get fire at some point.

We will see if that happens, I think it was just coach talk. He has a certain system, which is why he is bringing his staff from UC with him, I just don't think that system can work on a consistent basis in the SEC. JMO.
Every good coach adjusts. Just because he is bringing most of his staff with him doesn't mean the offense will be the same.

Staff not complete. Martinez is good and so is Jay. Get Tee and it starts to make you feel better. I actually agree with you on the offense but like the fact when I researched it that he ran the ball more than he passed it this year. His D and kicking game have been solid. I like pro style better but if it is not a gimmic spread and one that runs the ball with a great QB it can work.

You got to have that great QB to make it go and that will be key. Also, why I would like two QB's this cycle.

:hi:

Didn't he say in his press conference that we would run a no huddle, pro style offense?

Brian Kelly's classes at Cincinnati:
2007: #89
2008: #67
2009: #60

Butch Jones classes at Cincinnati:
2010: #59
2011: #49
2012: #50

Obvious to see Jones recruited better than Kelly, but how much does that have to do with Jones being able to step in & sell that UC had been to a BCS bowl?

Reactions: 2 people

Martinez was very good, he has had a rough run but he's got connections and knows the game and the SEC, we could do a lot worse.!

Understand CBJ has room to add 2-4 assts. Martinez would be a very good DB hire! Solid coach and recruiter.

DC Zook, Heacock, or Narduzzi (my short list FWIW)
Stripling DL (after he finishes Cincy)
Jancek LB
Martinez DB

Fair enough.

Come on jmoore what coach hasn't been fire two or three times? You stay in the business long enough you will get fire at some point.

A lot of good coaches haven't. To me it's a red flag when 2 different programs fire you b/c they think you are underachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back