Creer and Moore

1st post and new to the Vols Nation.

Congradulations on two top recruits. I am now a devoted Vols fan. I have not followed Tennessee much in the past but will catch every game that I can with Creer and Moore on the roster. I coached both of these kids in High school and must tell you both of these kids are exceptional athletes. Creer is without a doubt one of the best running backs I have seen. He will do a great job and is sure to turn heads from the 1st step on the field (mark my words). It will be hard to redshirt such an athlete of this calibur.

Moore is also a speedy and agile receiver and is sure to turn heads. Whether these two redshirt or see the field the first year, the Tennessee football program has a bright future.

I can't wait - Go Vols.

From one newbie to another...welcome Coach.

Regarding redshirting..UT is stacked at the RB position right now (you can see by some of the spirited debates here as to who should start). It would be a monumental task to expect a Frosh to come in and overtake them...not that it cant be done. It may be a great idea to give him a red shirt this year and let him come on in 08.

Lots of questions at WR...so your former player has a great shot of getting some PT there.

I think Creer will get his fair share of carries this year. He seems to be more of a well-rounded backs than our others and Hardesty still has knee issues. We will run plenty of RBs.

If hes not redshirted, Creer may get some carries but not much. The backfield is too crowded this year for him to see alot of action, especially as a frosh. I think the best thing to do would be a redshirt. And welcome to the board sohabo:hi:

If hes not redshirted, Creer may get some carries but not much. The backfield is too crowded this year for him to see alot of action, especially as a frosh. I think the best thing to do would be a redshirt. And welcome to the board sohabo:hi:

I agree, he may get a few more carries than Yancy was getting.

In the SEC you can't have to many RB's. Couple of injuries and Creer could be seeing some serious PT. Last year Foster and Coker missed game action with injuries and Hardesty wasn't fully recovered from the ACL injury. Hopefully Creer will be able to contribute if called upon.:yes:

In the SEC you can't have to many RB's. Couple of injuries and Creer could be seeing some serious PT. Last year Foster and Coker missed game action with injuries and Hardesty wasn't fully recovered from the ACL injury. Hopefully Creer will be able to contribute if called upon.:yes:

Exactly, all three of our guys have had injury problems that seem to flair up. Unless they all stay 100% healthy (what are the odds) Creer will play.

You can't have too many running backs on the roster no matter what division you play in. But we have Rogan and Creer in this year's class. IMO both should be redshirted.

Creer is ready to play, but we have enough difference makers already at the position. The prospect of how good Creer could be in his fourth year leave me salivating.
IMO, he leaves after his Junior year whether he redshirts or not.

We have Holbert, and Olasimbo that can share carries with the Triad.

Redshirt Creer, and if one of our backs goes down for the year, yank it right off his back.

Holbert won't play any TB. He is FB/HB/TE all the way. Olasimbo will be like Yancey. And don't forget about Vereen. He has potential as well as Rogan and Creer.

Not sure about REDSHIRTrules but if you redshirt a player, can he come in later in the season if need be?
yeah but if he plays he loses all the redshirt year. There have been situations where a coach has accidentally sent in a redshirt player and him lost his redshirt year. Thats why redshirted players still dress out with the team because if a freak accident happens and alot of guys go down and they need you, they can play you.

Is Moore's first name Denarius or Darnius?

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to spending time here.

Moore's first name is Darnius. It is pronounced Denarius

Du-nair-e-us

Creer may not see any playing time this year due the number of backs at Ten. However, my point was that he is that good of a back. If he can be redshirted, he would be that much better coming in off of his redshirt year. Just my opinion, but Creer could be one of the best backs in the nation within a couple of years (provided he stays healthy). It will be fun watching this unfold.

Word is Hardesty's knee still has the occasional swelling, so I expect Creer to get 80+ carries.

I don't think it's anything serious with Hardesty, which is evidenced by no news outlets picking it up. Hubbs or Low mentioned it, but they also didn't sound worried.

VN Store

Back