Another Teacher-Student Sex Scandal

16 in WA as well. States are either 16, 17, or 18. But folks in position of power gotta stay away.

16 in WA as well. States are either 16, 17, or 18. But folks in position of power gotta stay away.

Age of consent is established because the government feels this is the age a person can make a sound adult decision on who they do or do not have sex with. What does it matter what persons's occupation is & why are repercussions one sided?

Age of consent is established because the government feels this is the age a person can make a sound adult decision on who they do or do not have sex with. What does it matter what persons's occupation is & why are repercussions one sided?

Oh I'm not arguing one way or another. I was just stating the whole position of power stuff.

Where in the heck were these teachers when I was in school........?

Sitting behind you in class studying to become one....haha. The ones we had smelled like some cheap perfume, breath like a dragon & had age spots on the back of their hands the size of 50 cent pieces. Those were the good ole days. :)

It doesn't matter what the occupation is, it matters if the person wields some amount of influence and power over the other. If you are a boss you can't force yourself on your subordinates as they might fear for their jobs if they don't comply. In the work place there are procedures that can be followed so that two consenting adults can have a relationship, but even then, most companies will not allow senior to subordinate intimate relationships, even when the subordinate signs the right paperwork as there is still to much risk. The teacher and student relationship will always be senior/subordinate so there isn't any flexibility to allow a consensual relationship.

My question is why to we have so many teachers with such screwed up interpersonal skills that they can't have a relationship with someone their own age?

It doesn't matter what the occupation is, it matters if the person wields some amount of influence and power over the other. If you are a boss you can't force yourself on your subordinates as they might fear for their jobs if they don't comply. In the work place there are procedures that can be followed so that two consenting adults can have a relationship, but even then, most companies will not allow senior to subordinate intimate relationships, even when the subordinate signs the right paperwork as there is still to much risk. The teacher and student relationship will always be senior/subordinate so there isn't any flexibility to allow a consensual relationship.

My question is why to we have so many teachers with such screwed up interpersonal skills that they can't have a relationship with someone their own age?

It's the "Twilight" effect.

One of my teachers in high school got knocked up by a student 2 years after I graduated.

VN Store

Back