You can win $290.

lawgator1

I have decided I think on the contest for that $10 ticket I bought at Caesar's Palace on Tennessee to win the BCS national championship at 28 to 1.

Both Florida and UT play two games prior to the big 9/15 early season showdown. Florida plays W. Ky and Troy, UT plays Cal and Southern Miss. What I'm proposing to do is have everyone predict the total margins of victory for the two teams going into the 9/15 game, and adding them together.

For example, if you like UT by 10 and then 30, that's 40 total for them. And if you also like UF by 20 and 25, that's 45. So, your official guess is a grand total of 85. (If you think UT might lose the Cal game, then you would assign a negative value to that and subtract it from your otherwise total).

I'll pick one game, probably the Cal game, as the tiebreaker and you would have to get the winner correct and then whoever had the margin closest would win.

The way I figure it, UT must win both of those games going into the Florida game to have a shot at the BCS. I don't want to make it dependent on the Florida game because, again, should UT lose that game, then they are a true longshot to get there.

Anyone have ideas on ways to tweak it? I'm open to suggesstions. Won't open the game until about ten days prior to the Cal game because that's when most people will log on here.

LG - Was in Harry's Cigar off of Mitchell Hammock last night enjoying a beverage and a fine cigar. Seems they have a small poker tourney on Tuesdays. You and Finevol crossed my mind. That's it.

LG - Was in Harry's Cigar off of Mitchell Hammock last night enjoying a beverage and a fine cigar. Seems they have a small poker tourney on Tuesdays. You and Finevol crossed my mind. That's it.
I love cigars also (Padron)lets set up a meet for next week and I will drive to meet you too. Time? Day?

I have decided I think on the contest for that $10 ticket I bought at Caesar's Palace on Tennessee to win the BCS national championship at 28 to 1.

Both Florida and UT play two games prior to the big 9/15 early season showdown. Florida plays W. Ky and Troy, UT plays Cal and Southern Miss. What I'm proposing to do is have everyone predict the total margins of victory for the two teams going into the 9/15 game, and adding them together.

For example, if you like UT by 10 and then 30, that's 40 total for them. And if you also like UF by 20 and 25, that's 45. So, your official guess is a grand total of 85. (If you think UT might lose the Cal game, then you would assign a negative value to that and subtract it from your otherwise total).

I'll pick one game, probably the Cal game, as the tiebreaker and you would have to get the winner correct and then whoever had the margin closest would win.

The way I figure it, UT must win both of those games going into the Florida game to have a shot at the BCS. I don't want to make it dependent on the Florida game because, again, should UT lose that game, then they are a true longshot to get there.

Anyone have ideas on ways to tweak it? I'm open to suggesstions. Won't open the game until about ten days prior to the Cal game because that's when most people will log on here.

Good luck with that powerhouse opponent in the opener.

UT 28
Cal 27

UT 24
South. Miss 20

FL 31
Western Ky 20

FL 27
Troy 17

5+21= 25

No, no, no, you goofs. Read the post. I'm saying I'll open it up about ten days before the first games on 9/1. That way more people will see it and participate (if they want to). I'm just seeing if anyone has any ideas to make the contest more appealing.

None of what you guys are putting down now is an official entry, so keep that in mind. Look for the official contest to be posted around 8/21.

VN Store

Back