Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dooley is let go after Vandy (win or lose) then the info I received will begin to bear fruit. I cant comment on the numbers ,( cause I dont know) but supposedly that is where we are. The feeling is we need him to beat Vandy and anyone can beat UK. Dont kill the messenger and Im still cautious about the people involved being able to close the deal.

If this is the logic of the UT brass, then God help us. What has DD shown that would make anybody think that he could be the missing ingredient for an SEC victory?

Reactions: 1 person
I've been popping in and out. I think a little bit of apathy has set in for me. I've read all of the big developments, and want to believe so bad. However, the last ten years has taught me to expect very little from my alma mater.

Understood. Just make sure to not spill the kool-aid, and wear the black Nikes on Fridays.

Mike Gundy WILL NOT LEAVE for any other job.

Why do you say that?

And judging by Miles success after leaving Oklahoma State for LSU, I think Gundy would be smart to consider it. Oklahoma State is not a premiere program.

Hart is just hung up on the fact that if he were to hire a former Qb Coach at Southeast Missouri State, he would get run out of town.

Which is worse hiring the QB coach from SEMO or hiring the tight end coach from Univeristy of the Pacific? Especially when there is a possibility of hiring a SuperBowl winner.

Why do you say that?

And judging by Miles success after leaving Oklahoma State for LSU, I think Gundy would be smart to consider it. Oklahoma State is not a premiere program.

That's his school. T-Boone Pickens is one of the wealthiest men in this country and he OWNS OSU. He will not leave that place.

If this is the logic of the UT brass, then God help us. What has DD shown that would make anybody think that he could be the missing ingredient for an SEC victory?

And this is why I am cautious that they can close this deal.

Come back today and there's not enough talk about beer, however the price of Copenhagen is too dang high compared to the good old days. Might as well pay attention some Gruden stuff now.

After listening to a bit of Bisilio, hearing the reason not to hire Golden about made me throw up. Hell, I thought he was talking about the loser we have here now.

Come back today and there's not enough talk about beer, however the price of Copenhagen is too dang high compared to the good old days. Might as well pay attention some Gruden stuff now.

After listening to a bit of Bisilio, hearing the reason not to hire Golden about made me throw up. Hell, I thought he was talking about the loser we have here now.

Pretty much was.

Every coaching hire carries risk. Hell, every hire of any sort carries risk.

Could Gruden come here and fail. Possibly, but for that to happen, it would require him to hire sub-par personnel, recruit sub-par talent, and refuse to make a change when things don't work.

I'm sorry, but nothing in his history suggests that any of those things would happen. Make no mistake, Gruden would not come here if he didn't think he could win. He has a plan and he knows what he needs to make it work.

I'm not saying he will win the NC every year, but he could come here and win 90 percent of games just based on the level of talent he will recruit here.

Sure.

Usually don't have time to screw around until the evening, but I'm sure I'll be back in here tonight if you want to hit me up.

That'd be great. Like I said, it's easy. I just don't have the software. All I want is Early Cuyler from Squidbillies wearing a Vols trucker cap.

The one other person who like Diet Mtn Dew. Nice to meet you.:hi:

Diet Dew is the stuff.

By the way , thanks for all the prayers that went out for my wife. The surgery went well and now she is recovering and the long 2 weeks in the hospital begins. But she will get through this. Thanks VN

Glad to hear that.

I've been popping in and out. I think a little bit of apathy has set in for me. I've read all of the big developments, and want to believe so bad. However, the last ten years has taught me to expect very little from my alma mater.

Not a Vol grad, but sometimes a little caution can be a good thing.

Which is worse hiring the QB coach from SEMO or hiring the tight end coach from Univeristy of the Pacific? Especially when there is a possibility of hiring a SuperBowl winner.
I think he is stealing a page from Dickey's playbook..."If I hire a basketball coach from Oral Roberts, they will run me out of town"

By the way , thanks for all the prayers that went out for my wife. The surgery went well and now she is recovering and the long 2 weeks in the hospital begins. But she will get through this. Thanks VN

Thanks for letting us know. Prayers will continue for a speedy recovery.

So what is very interesting here is that NFL people are coming out and saying Gruden to TN is possible and how interested he is. These ppl have no reason to do that. Especially Mort and LaC. I fully believe Ainge is smoke screening. He sits in the 5th floor of the press box. The same level that the Anderson's and guys like that. I fully believe he was told to hush it and get the talk down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back