Are there ANY Dooley believers left out there?

I struggle with this question. I dont know who the "Right Giy" is but I believe Dooley deserves on more year. Dooley can't turn Goat Piss into Gasoline. Can't turn a team of subpar talent into an SEC powerhouse overnight.

Actually Im not sure Dooley can get the job done at all, but in all fairness I'm exercising some patience and I think he deserves one more year.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm of the belief that the majority of the remaining Dooley supporters at this point are union workers (or have spouses, etc. that are union workers). They are simply 100% against holding anyone responsible for doing their job well.

It didn't take Florida this long to recover and he's only been there 2 years. This is Dooleys 3rd! I love Dooley but he is not a Head Coach. How many more games do we gotta lose before people realize this??? Go Vols !

Are we really gonna compare the talent pool in UF to the talent pool at UT...... This comment here is ridiculous!

Reactions: 1 person
I found one...

organizing-personal-finances-live-under-a-rock.jpg

But she apologized. She was just confused. She deserves time to prove she won't cheat again.

Nah, can't turn a whore into a house wife and that's exactly the point that I'm making. Dooley needs some talent, then if he still doesn't win....I'll jump on the "I hate Dooley" bandwagon.

To elaborate further, I'm really just saying that most coaches couldn't step in and take this team to a SECe ship. If you can't win with the players you have(cheating girlfriend), dont makes excuses for them(or her). Just get some better damn players(house wife). I hope that makes sense :)

Last edited:
i am still here for dooley... we play in the sec gonna take time to get back to where we used to be

I am not saying we should be where we used to be but for all things sacred you have to beat somebody. There are no more excuses. We are not Vandy and I am sick of this bigotry. No way this team is not talented enough to beat somebody.

agreed...but did you guys watch the Txs and Okie game yesterday...Santos got hammered and trucked...

Our biggest losses were at DL in recruiting and some went to Fla...:salute:.

Didn't I hear one of the commentators say that was the worst D in Texas' history?

They didn't change schemes did they?

Yes. I be one. He's our coach. The admin should work with him to develop and execute the near term and long term strategies for success.

Before UF I was a believer. After, I went on the fence. After UGA stayed on the fence but hopeful. After last night I am not. These facts are hard to ignore,
1. 0-13 against ranked teams
2. two weeks to prepare and in the first half we acted like we had never seen MSU or their qb at all
3. 1-10 in the SEC dating back to last year
4. This one is for all the talk of we do not have talent, right at half or over half of our starting 22 are four stars or better with our depth made up of four star players as well.
5. our 5 star player was head and shoulders above the other team and we got him the ball on about 8 plays and the man averaged nearly 40 yards per.
6. Good to great coaches will do what works over and over again until the opposition consistently stops it. We seem to have trouble adopting this.

Winning changes every thing and this team has the ability to win out and if they do I am a believer again but the change and belief must start within and at the top if not the wheels that have fallen off will not go back on this car.

Never I will always be a tennesse fan to the death of me those same type of fans let bear bryant leave kentucky. When georgia switched to the 3-4 they went 7-6. i hope they keep record of all the fans that give up yea its been hard does that mean you throw in the towel if you say the team hasnt improved your stupid cp returned the first kickoff in almost 10yrs we average over 30 points a game and now have a decent run average. The defense is still coming they show flashes gave up 4 yds in the 3rd and got 2 sacks. By the end of the season who knows what they will be. They will be battled tested and scared those things make a man adversity come in many forms not folding which many fans do is not always easy but they continue to fight so i will do the same

I actually do believe in him, my concern is with SAL and our defense....(just that we need more time to get the 3-4 down) We are scoring points and the kids Dooley has recruited are play makers. The offensive line looks solid and he has stuck to his guns when it comes to disciplining those that dont "buy" into what we are about. We will finish strong win our bowl game and have a great recruiting class. Stay positive Vol fans, we are on the up and up.

Reactions: 3 people
the defense has cost 3 games. fire sal whilewe're at it. tired of being alabama north

Our talent and speed on D is not SEC caliber and it shows up in these games....even against MSU...

Lathers--love him, but he hasn't recovered to his prior speed..

AJ Johnson...Overrated...just a sophomore...hopefully he will get better and faster....but potential....too slow!

Maggitt not full speed...hurt shoulder again last night and suffering from turf-toe...#86 Bohannon can't cover a TE...

Brewer, Teague, and 23 can't cover a corpse, and are not SEC caliber...27 Coleman is getting better, but a true sophomore...

Interior DL are improving....but no depth....
Face it folks...we just ain't that good on Defense--maybe that's why last years DC left--and this league exposes our deficiencies...easier to hide them in the WUS-10, 12 OR WHATEVER....
I predicted 8-4 because I expected to beat MSU, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri...

If Brian Randolph plays last night we win because he keeps #10 and #17 off the field...

ALL of you clowns out there screaming to FIRE CDD just give fuel to the other coaches to say CDD will be gone in the recruiting wars--CDD can sell our offense to prospective D recruits as sure signs that we need the same type of players on D to get this thing fixed....and who we gonna get if you fire CDD??? I'm as disappointed as anyone in last night's game, but CDD has never fumbled, short-armed a pass, missed a FG, failed to catch a short kickoff, been outran by a receiver, or missed a wide-open receiver YET! :salute:

Our talent and speed on D is not SEC caliber and it shows up in these games....even against MSU...

Lathers--love him, but he hasn't recovered to his prior speed..

AJ Johnson...Overrated...just a sophomore...hopefully he will get better and faster....but potential....too slow!

Maggitt not full speed...hurt shoulder again last night and suffering from turf-toe...#86 Bohannon can't cover a TE...

Brewer, Teague, and 23 can't cover a corpse, and are not SEC caliber...27 Coleman is getting better, but a true sophomore...

Interior DL are improving....but no depth....
Face it folks...we just ain't that good on Defense--maybe that's why last years DC left--and this league exposes our deficiencies...easier to hide them in the WUS-10, 12 OR WHATEVER....
I predicted 8-4 because I expected to beat MSU, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri...

If Brian Randolph plays last night we win because he keeps #10 and #17 off the field...

ALL of you clowns out there screaming to FIRE CDD just give fuel to the other coaches to say CDD will be gone in the recruiting wars--CDD can sell our offense to prospective D recruits as sure signs that we need the same type of players on D to get this thing fixed....and who we gonna get if you fire CDD??? I'm as disappointed as anyone in last night's game, but CDD has never fumbled, short-armed a pass, missed a FG, failed to catch a short kickoff, been outran by a receiver, or missed a wide-open receiver YET! :salute:

I think everything comes down to coaching. If someone is too slow make a position change or a scheme change. I see teams that have made a coaching change and are instantly better - Ole Miss and Texas A&M come to mind. I see teams that have to be less talented than us be more competitive - Boise State comes to mind. I think Dooley has done some good things but I am ready for a good or great coach to use imagination to scheme, teach players, and place players on the field better than the other team's coach. I don't think Dooley will ever be that kind of coach. He'll always just have to be a manager because he doesn't have the x's and o's greatness.

He lost me with the unrecovered kick-off tonight. No excuse for that. This just doesn't happen on a well coached football team. It was embarrassing, and really brought to light the coaching inadequacies.

I didn't mention Santos because Texas is at least a decent school and his home state school. I was referring to the d-linemen and the lb that went to inferior schools.

We lost one DL to Fla....and one LB to arky and another to his in-state school MSU....

CDD has recruited very well and it shows up on the offensive side of the ball.....Hunter, CP, Tiny, the TE that we lost because of stupidity, Croom, Pig, Q, etc....we just need more success recruiting on the D side of the ball...we have some good, but young players....and should be able to get some more good ones in recruiting THIS YEAR if dipsticks will get off of CDD's back....:salute:

I think everything comes down to coaching. If someone is too slow make a position change or a scheme change. I see teams that have made a coaching change and are instantly better - Ole Miss and Texas A&M come to mind. I see teams that have to be less talented than us be more competitive - Boise State comes to mind. I think Dooley has done some good things but I am ready for a good or great coach to use imagination to scheme, teach players, and place players on the field better than the other team's coach. I don't think Dooley will ever be that kind of coach. He'll always just have to be a manager because he doesn't have the x's and o's greatness.

Do you really think that CPF was that good of an Xs and Os kind of guy? CPF was exposed in the absence of Cutcliffe....

Take the 'ol Ball Coach over at USCe....there isn't a better Xs and Os guy out there on offense than him...and then check out how long it has taken for him to make USCe competitive for the SEC East crown...and how many times has he actually played in the SEC championship? We used to steal some of that SC talent on D for us....And NONE OF YOU guys would have wanted him at UT!!! I would have taken him a long time ago over CPF.....

My point is this: It's TOO SOON to properly evaluate CDD's ability to coach....He's just halfway through his third year....

Coach Mullen just came off of a pathetic 3rd year record of 6-6 with a Bowl game win against Wake Forest...What if they had fired him before this year? He's having some success this year but had to claw, scratch, and fight at HOME with a lot of our mistakes just to beat us!!! :salute:

I have not lost faith and I will still cheer as hard as I can for the reminder of the year. But I don't think this will end well and I would imagine a statement from the AD sometime soon. I don't believe the coaches or players have heart left. Both are just going through the motions.

My point is this: It's TOO SOON to properly evaluate CDD's ability to coach....He's just halfway through his third year....

Coach Mullen just came off of a pathetic 3rd year record of 6-6 with a Bowl game win against Wake Forest...What if they had fired him before this year? He's having some success this year but had to claw, scratch, and fight at HOME with a lot of our mistakes just to beat us!!! :salute:
I was right with you with the "too soon" until last night. Everybody is slamming his record against ranked teams but almost all of the teams have been in the top 10 - I said it was too soon to tell. Last night, however, the team was ranked 19th and we had 2 weeks to get ready. Dooley knew it was a huge game for him. I've lost confidence that he is the coach to have our team prepared better than the other team which is how you beat teams with similar or superior talent.

Anyone who thinks that Dooley needs to go based on last night's results has apparently been sleeping for the past two seasons. His inability to coach here has been apparent for a long, long time.

Can't win with him......we need to let him go now. No point in dragging this out.....just let the kids go out and call their own plays like backyard football.....ha.
I am not watching another vols game until Dooley is gone. Screw that. Going fishing every Saturday.

VN Store

Back