Are there ANY Dooley believers left out there?

Isn't the kicking game Derek's supposed area of expertise, his focus? Just look at this one game:

- A 14 yard punt
- 6 men on line of scrimmage negates 49 yard punt
- A time out for FG defense
- A kick off out of bounds
- A fumbled punt return
- A totally botched pooch kick

Aside from CP the kicking game is a complete embarrassment.

I want to be a David Shula, I mean Derek Dooley supporter, but if the kicking game is Derek's forte and, after 2 1/2 years, these are the results, then what are we to think?

I second everything you said, except you need to add that we generally have better kickoff coverage than we've had in years.

I was on the fence before. I'll give him Bama and SC to show improvement still, but I'm definitely leaning very much in the "time for a change" direction. And I'd be shocked if we beat either Bama or SC.

Instead of Sunseri chewing our players out when they run off the field, he needs to coach them better and prepare them for our opponent during the practice week. It's as if we come into our games without any game film of the opponent. Plus we had an extra week to prepare for this game. This first half was a total embarrassment and has to be laid at the feet of the defensive coaches. Then, after a half of getting ripped apart and the defense totally gassed, we make some adjustments and play better. Way too little and obviously too late.

Reactions: 1 person
I conducted my own Fire Dooley poll. Below are the results:

Yes - 4 gazillion

No - 1,Ms. Dooley (his mama)

Undecided - 1,Ms Dooley (his wife)

I was on the fence before. I'll give him Bama and SC to show improvement still, but I'm definitely leaning very much in the "time for a change" direction. And I'd be shocked if we beat either Bama or SC.

Shocked? If this happens,be on the lookout for the 4 horsemen.

Yes.

I used to be a "Dooley guy".

After the Kentucky game I became a "Keep Dooley for the sake of recruiting and consistency of our program".

I am now a "Fire Dooley guy".

He has to go

If anyone still thinks after 3 years of this futility that Dooley is still the guy, I just don't know what to tell you....

Call me what you will--but, yes! I still believe in CDD. The offense has come around in year 3 of rebuilding and is pretty dang good...the defense is another story....still rebuilding it...huge holes at LB and DB to fill....slow progress...LBs and DBs are absolutely terrible...DEFENSE cost us this game....:salute:

No excuse for losing the game...no excuse for not being able to catch a kickoff...no excuse for fumbling the football...no excuse for that poor Bray decision before halftime to throw to CP instead of a wide-open 83 down the middle of the field....no excuse for Hunter short-arming a ball like a huge WUS when we needed the first down...

Isn't the kicking game Derek's supposed area of expertise, his focus? Just look at this one game:

- A 14 yard punt

- A fumbled punt return

I want to be a David Shula, I mean Derek Dooley supporter, but if the kicking game is Derek's forte and, after 2 1/2 years, these are the results, then what are we to think?

please tell me how the ones in bold are any of the coaches fault.
maybe the 6 men on the line of scrimmage on the punt but if that was the case then every punt we've had would've had that penalty. Someone just didn't line up right.

- A 14 yard punt
- A fumbled punt return

We didn't miss any FGs or extra points and Palardy did have a 54 yd punt last night....the pooch punt was downed at the 19 yd line...not a total failure....and, it was Mike Shula, not David...:salute:

Call me what you will--but, yes! I still believe in CDD. The offense has come around in year 3 of rebuilding and is pretty dang good...the defense is another story....still rebuilding it...huge holes at LB and DB to fill....slow progress...LBs and DBs are absolutely terrible...DEFENSE cost us this game....:salute:

No excuse for losing the game...no excuse for not being able to catch a kickoff...no excuse for fumbling the football...no excuse for that poor Bray decision before halftime to throw to CP instead of a wide-open 83 down the middle of the field....no excuse for Hunter short-arming a ball like a huge WUS when we needed the first down...

The defense could be better now if we didn't lose recruiting battles to MSU and Arkansas last year.

Reactions: 2 people
The defense could be better now if we didn't lose recruiting battles to MSU and Arkansas last year.

agreed...but did you guys watch the Txs and Okie game yesterday...Santos got hammered and trucked...

Our biggest losses were at DL in recruiting and some went to Fla...:salute:.

If anyone still thinks after 3 years of this futility that Dooley is still the guy, I just don't know what to tell you....

I'm here.

CDD deserves his senior class, and show that he can make the key changes in his personnel to shore up the weaknesses in his staff (OC and secondary). Anyway you slice it, I think CDD gets next year to prove he can get it done at UT.

the defense has cost 3 games. fire sal whilewe're at it. tired of being alabama north

It didn't take Florida this long to recover and he's only been there 2 years. This is Dooleys 3rd! I love Dooley but he is not a Head Coach. How many more games do we gotta lose before people realize this??? Go Vols !

agreed...but did you guys watch the Txs and Okie game yesterday...Santos got hammered and trucked...

Our biggest losses were at DL in recruiting and some went to Fla...:salute:.

I didn't mention Santos because Texas is at least a decent school and his home state school. I was referring to the d-linemen and the lb that went to inferior schools.

It has been said before, but it is worth saying again. You are not a negavol if you want to see Dooley fired at this point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back