Grow up....

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
I do not know what goes on in everybody's heads, but this is the most bipolar fan base I have ever seen. These kids read our posts and feed off our energy, how do you think it makes them feel when they breeze onto forums and see this trash.

Yes Dooley has not performed upto par and maybe our guys have not stepped up yet. This is part of a maturation process. These Juniors were asked to lead the team as freshman without having mentors to do so (it is hard to lead under those circumstances).

It is our job as fans and supporters to root for the university and encourage those who represent it. If you don't like Dooley, then do not root for Dooley, root for the Orange and White he represents. Many players and coaches have come and gone; and many more will do the same, but the orange and white will remain.

And that should be enough initiative to stay positive and encourage these kids every step of the way.

If Dooley goes he has built a great foundation for the next coach, if he stays he will continue to build a great roster for this university. So grow up and support our Volunteers and the Orange and White they represent.

Reactions: 14 people
I do not know what goes on in everybody's heads, but this is the most bipolar fan base I have ever seen. These kids read our posts and feed off our energy, how do you think it makes them feel when they breeze onto forums and see this trash.

Yes Dooley has not performed upto par and maybe our guys have not stepped up yet. This is part of a maturation process. These Juniors were asked to lead the team as freshman without having mentors to do so (it is hard to lead under those circumstances).

It is our job as fans and supporters to root for the university and encourage those who represent it. If you don't like Dooley, then do not root for Dooley, root for the Orange and White he represents. Many players and coaches have come and gone; and many more will do the same, but the orange and white will remain.

And that should be enough initiative to stay positive and encourage these kids every step of the way.

If Dooley goes he has built a great foundation for the next coach, if he stays he will continue to build a great roster for this university. So grow up and support our Volunteers and the Orange and White they represent.

How do you think it makes fans feel who paid almost $100 face (some as much as $250+ on the street) for tickets to see them give 2 1/2 quarters worth of effort?

Reactions: 3 people
In no way am I giving the team or coaches a pass, but it is completely understandable why they are use to the losing mentality. It's all around them. The media is a bunch of losers waiting to pounce, the fans are a bunch of losers (a lot leaving when we were down only a TD in the 4th), etc... The entire culture since 08 has been one of a bunch of losers, and it's hard to break it. Hopefully, they can get a big win in 2 weeks because until that one win happens, the culture is going to continue to decay.

Reactions: 2 people
It seems that Dooley is building a great/much better roster. However the roster he has now is not playing with any more determination than the team he inherited his first year. More talent, as we saw Saturday, does not automatically result in a win. That's why we as fans are so disappointed. I could take a loss but not one like this.

Reactions: 1 person
In no way am I giving the team or coaches a pass, but it is completely understandable why they are use to the losing mentality. It's all around them. The media is a bunch of losers waiting to pounce, the fans are a bunch of losers (a lot leaving when we were down only a TD in the 4th), etc... The entire culture since 08 has been one of a bunch of losers, and it's hard to break it. Hopefully, they can get a big win in 2 weeks because until that one win happens, the culture is going to continue to decay.
here ya go chatt-town.. its the fans fault...

:crazy: What have you been watching? He is the most negative coach I have ever listened too. He might be able to get some talent in at UT but he can't coach it.

I will always support UT, but when the coach is negative it is his personality that reflects what the players do. If our fans were coaching then maybe the players would have some more hope and optimism in mind. Just my opinion.

:crazy: What have you been watching? He is the most negative coach I have ever listened too. He might be able to get some talent in at UT but he can't coach it.

I will always support UT, but when the coach is negative it is his personality that reflects what the players do. If our fans were coaching then maybe the players would have some more hope and optimism in mind. Just my opinion.

What fans you talking about? Dooley has been pretty positve this year. I agree that the first two years he was very negative, albeit a lot of truth.

Reactions: 1 person
Derek makes millions to solve these problems. If he fails this season he should be let go. I will support him and the Vols no matter. V4L

What fans you talking about? Dooley has been pretty positve this year. I agree that the first two years he was very negative, albeit a lot of truth.

There has been times when the media was more positive than Dooley. He never owns up to his coaching errors and is always blaming the players.

To lead you have to be a leader and he doesn't have that aspect to his personality. Maybe I am the only one that sees that, but I have had a several of my friends see the same thing. :question:

Saban is the biggest sunshine pumper I've ever seen, woo man. He's so positive.

I still think we could have a good season. We can not have our team lay down like they did against Florida anymore this season. I like coach Dooley and would love to see him be the guy to bring Tennessee back, lots of work to do this season though. we have the players that can get it done but they must believe and buy in that the coaching staff to get it done as well .

VN Store

Back