The Championships, Wimbledon

I misspoke about never, but he's not had that dominant forehand for years now. Are you kidding me?

I misspoke about never, but he's not had that dominant forehand for years now. Are you kidding me?

It's kept him in the top 3. He doesn't hit it as hard, but he creates great angles with it and he can still hit incredible winners.

Big set for Fed; right back in it.

You can always gauge Federer's level by whether or not he holds serve immediately after winning a set.

More often than you'd think, he doesn't.

He does hold serve to begin third.

Murray holds, rain looks imminent.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's kept him in the top 3. He doesn't hit it as hard, but he creates great angles with it and he can still hit incredible winners.

Big set for Fed; right back in it.

The lack of any real competition has kept him in the too three, and I regretfully say that as a huge federer fan. Dominating the baseline by creating those angles is what I already said he was doing today.

Fed had and has now and will have a GREAT forehand. It's one of the best in all of tennis history. It may not be just right today, or this minute, but watch out for tomorrow or the next minute.

Hard to replace the court mid-fortnight.

They have enough cash to have a finals only court. It's akin to playing the superbowl on the Titans field in December. Playing the world series on a playground infield. Playing the Masters at a muni.

The lack of any real competition has kept him in the too three, and I regretfully say that as a huge federer fan. Dominating the baseline by creating those angles is what I already said he was doing today.

Murray, Tsonga, Del Potro, Berdych, Soderling (when healthy) etc. aren't "real" competition? Come on, man. You're selling him short.

And Fed wasn't dominating anything early on. However, he looked fine right before the delay.

Murray showed up today.

What a miserable place England must be to live.

Not an hour ago they were talking about the great conditions, and now it's raining.

I told a buddy of mine I may come see him over there, but only in summer. He told me I'd better time it right, cause' there's only four days of it.

If you ever get the chance to watch Federer practice in person, he spends a great deal of time entertaining the spectators practicing shots like that volley-drop shot that won him the second set.

Those shots are no fluke with him.

If you ever get the chance to watch Federer practice in person, he spends a great deal of time entertaining the spectators practicing shots like that volley-drop shot that won him the second set.

Maybe I didn't see it right, but I told my wife that was about the best volley I'd ever seen.

Maybe I didn't see it right, but I told my wife that was about the best volley I'd ever seen.

I've seen him practice that exact shot and he can generate so much backspin that it comes back to his side of the court. Then he'll do it again just to show it wasn't a mistake.

I've seen him do some crazy backhand, over head smashes in practice. He's so good, that he just goofs off. There isn't much room for improvement. :lolabove:

I told a buddy of mine I may come see him over there, but only in summer. He told me I'd better time it right, cause' there's only four days of it.

Whenever I watch the British Open, their "summer" appears to be what would be a blustery March day here.

Not sure how they got the Summer Olympics.

I've seen him practice that exact shot and he can generate so much backspin that it comes back to his side of the court. Then he'll do it again just to show it wasn't a mistake.

Nice. He's one I have yet to see in person. I'd love to see it, practice or play. Or maybe he'll agree to play me a couple sets. Or not... :)

Whenever I watch the British Open, their "summer" appears to be what would be a blustery March day here.

Not sure how they got the Summer Olympics.

I would hate to be a golfer, tennis player, discus thrower, runner, spear thrower, or anything else involving the wind, there. Although, I don't guess golf is an olympic event, yet. I wonder why.

He does do that stuff. But I'm more impressed with watching him hit practice serves. Watching his motion, it looks like he is about to hit a moonball serve. It honestly doesn't appear that he is exerting himself at all.

Edit: to be fair, I've only seen him practice from a distance and not for very long. I have seen him play.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back