The Championships, Wimbledon

No love for the women-folk, guys?

Rightly or wrongly, I view most of the top female players (other than S. Williams) as mentally soft. How else do you get around the fact that a 30-year-old still dominates (when she's healthy)?

Rightly or wrongly, I view most of the top female players (other than S. Williams) as mentally soft. How else do you get around the fact that a 30-year-old still dominates (when she's healthy)?

Because she's really really really good at tennis.

Someone bet $200 on Radwanska?

Oh, I see what you were getting at. Oh god no. Nobody would bet me straight up and take Radwanska.

I may or may not have a bookie. I mean, if gambling were legal in this country.

Serena was favored to win the match. The odds were Serena-600. And what that means, if you're not a gambler, is that if I choose to bet on Serena, I am risking 600 dollars to win 100 dollars. So today, I was risking 1,200 dollars (if serena lost) to win 200 dollars (if serena won).

Serena won, so I won 200. I mean, I wold have if gambling were legal in this country.

Probably my last post this evening, so I better go ahead and go on record with a prediction.

Fed in four.

I'm suddenly worried about Federer's chances tomorrow. I believe the stars are aligning for Murray. Just a feeling. I mean the Queen AND Charles Barkley will be there pulling for Andy.

Also, for the first time in a long time, every single tennis analyst that I've read or heard comment is predicting Federer to win. Not to mention our own kb is calling it for Federer.

Many are saying Murray "can" win, but that the occasion and Federer's form will be too much for him to bare.

Last time I saw Federer picked to be such a sure thing: Australian Open final v. Nadal in 2009 (following RN's marathon and exhausting semi-final against Verdasco). That didn't work out so well for Roger.

Gulp.

The highest priced ticket for today is 7,954.55 pounds, or $12,300.00. That's a chunk of change to lay down on one ticket.

In their six matches thus far at Wimbledon:
Player Federer Murray
Aces (Double Faults) 59 (8) 74 (17)
Unreturned Serves 40 38
First Serves In 66% 63%
First Serve Points Won 79% 77%
Second Serve Points Won 61% 65%
Service Games Won/Lost 91/7 103/9
Fastest Serve 128 MPH 135 MPH
Returns In 72% 75%
First Return Points Won 38% 29%
Second Return Points Won 56% 57%
Break Points Won 34/77 (44%) 28/76 (37%)
Winners - Forehand/Backhand 78/33 81/38
Unforced Errors - Forehand/Backhand 38/36 45/39
Total Net Points Won 139/194 (74%) 99/151 (66%)
Baseline Points Won 52% 52%
Time On Court 12:09 16:45

Last edited:
I'm suddenly worried about Federer's chances tomorrow. I believe the stars are aligning for Murray. Just a feeling. I mean the Queen AND Charles Barkley will be there pulling for Andy.

Also, for the first time in a long time, every single tennis analyst that I've read or heard comment is predicting Federer to win. Not to mention our own kb is calling it for Federer.

Many are saying Murray "can" win, but that the occasion and Federer's form will be too much for him to bare.

Last time I saw Federer picked to be such a sure thing: Australian Open final v. Nadal in 2009 (following RN's marathon and exhausting semi-final against Verdasco). That didn't work out so well for Roger.

Gulp.

I would look for Andy to be aggressive early since he knows Fed is an excellent front runner. Andy will also not get the bounty of unforced errors that were gifted him by Tsonga, so he will need to serve very well, and take some chances off the ground in order to pull it out.
Fed needs to serve well, too, but is also gonna need to keep up the strong second serve, although he won't get near the same percentage on the second against Murray. He'll need that backhand slice going again, as well.
If nothing else, we're all but guaranteed to see a battle in the first set.

Fed in four.

Roger is playing outstandingly well. But Murray's superb defense is there shot for shot. Does Murray have the stamina to keep this going shot after shot, set after set? I gotta think at this rate Murray really needs to win in straight sets. Federer is running Murray all over Centre Court. I think Murray has even wound up in second court on occasion. Can't believe Murray is playing so well.

Roger is playing outstandingly well. But Murray's superb defense is there shot for shot. Does Murray have the stamina to keep this going shot after shot, set after set? I gotta think at this rate Murray really needs to win in straight sets. Federer is running Murray all over Centre Court. I think Murray has even wound up in second court on occasion. Can't believe Murray is playing so well.

He is?? :unsure:

Fed's never had a great forehand. He's won several Grand Slams with a worse forehand than he's showing today. His net game is on and his backhand is on. He's also dominating the baseline, Murray just keeps getting there. It's vintage Federer.

Fed's never had a great forehand. He's won several Grand Slams with a worse forehand than he's showing today. His net game is on and his backhand is on. He's also dominating the baseline, Murray just keeps getting there. It's vintage Federer.

Oh my God, please be kidding.

I seldom watch tennis anymore but I thought Fed was considered one of the best of all time due to his forehand.

VN Store

Back