VH1 Where Are They Now: Bryce Brown

MrBamSeydu

From wikipedia:

On September 29, 2011 it was reported that Brown left the Kansas State Wildcats football team "at least temporarily." [34] As of December 12, 2011 he had not returned to the team and is reportedly planning to enter the 2012 NFL Draft. [35] "

:eek:lol:

What a complete joke. Bryce Brown really has a distorted view of himself. He couldn't even crack the lineup at K-state. What does he plan on doing, run a 4.4 at the combine and get drafted?

#1 ranked player when he came out of HS..... he will go down as one of the biggest busts in recruiting history.

Reactions: 4 people
From wikipedia:

What a complete joke. Bryce Brown really has a distorted view of himself. He couldn't even crack the lineup at K-state. What does he plan on doing, run a 4.4 at the combine and get drafted?

#1 ranked player when he came out of HS..... he will go down as one of the biggest busts in recruiting history.

I know. I like laughing at 19 year old kids whose dad ruins their career. Always funny to me.

Reactions: 28 people
I know. I like laughing at 19 year old kids whose dad's ruin their career. Always funny to me.

Do you also like putting apostrophes where they don't belong?

It's hilarious. He deserves everything he gets... or doesn't get. Don't blame it on his dad. If a 19 year old (he's actually 20 according to wikipedia) can decide by himself to serve the country in war, Bryce Brown can decide for himself too.

Give me a break.

edit: fixed that I see. good job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Do you also like putting apostrophes where they don't belong?

It's hilarious. He deserves everything he gets... or doesn't get. Don't blame it on his dad. If a 19 year old can decide by himself to serve the country in war, Bryce Brown can decide for himself too.

Give me a break.

edit: fixed that I see. good job.

Most kids in his situation would have come after his family asked him back.

Sure, he could have said no. I think it's very judgemental to him to say "He's just a flat out bust" when there are a bunch of things that wasn't his fault. You give him a dad who actually cared about his career, we are talking about a good junior year from Bryce.

Reactions: 6 people
Most kids in his situation would have come after his family asked him back.

Sure, he could have said no. I think it's very judgemental to him to say "He's just a flat out bust" when there are a bunch of things that wasn't his fault. You give him a dad who actually cared about his career, we are talking about a good junior year from Bryce.

judgmental*

His dad didn't make him a bust. How old does he have to be before you stop treating him like a 13 year old? The dude is 20 years old. His ego is the problem. Not his dad. He's an adult.

Reactions: 2 people
From wikipedia:

If he is in shape and runs a 4.4, you'd be surprised how many teams would draft him in the mid-late rounds.

Nah... he may get a free agent deal. He's too unproven. The NFL isn't the NBA. They don't just draft on potential. If he does get drafted, I will be surprised. But it will definitely be late round and I don't see him lasting long if he does make it.

He's basically Maurice Clarett minus the jail time.

Reactions: 4 people
Still a sad case. I really had high hopes for him and think he was a good kid. Dad just screwed up his career

Reactions: 1 person
Actually Maurice Clarett was drafted in the 3rd round, but he had a 1,000 yard season and won a national championship. So I'm giving Bryce Brown too much credit with that comparison.

I know. I like laughing at 19 year old kids whose dad ruins their career. Always funny to me.

Had Bryce not listened to his Dad and stayed at U.T., he would have been Hardesty's back up last season. He may have even been behind Lennon Creer or R. Neal also. He would have grown unhappy and eventually left anyway.
He just wasn't as talented as his billing of a #1 recruit was. Regardless of if he had remained at U.T., transferred to U$C or transferred to K-State, it wasn't going to end well.
His dad didn't help the situation but it was a time bomb that would have exploded, regardless of which school he was at this season.

Maybe I'm in the minority because of the way he left, but I'm rooting for Bryce to succeed.

I hope he does make it to the NFL.

Reactions: 11 people
judgmental*

His dad didn't make him a bust. How old does he have to be before you stop treating him like a 13 year old? The dude is 20 years old. His ego is the problem. Not his dad. He's an adult.

Can be spelled either way, but let's not make this an English class.

His dad asked him to come home (for dumb reasons). A lot of 19 year olds would have done that. And he never wanted to be at Kansas State. So there you have a kid who doesn't want to be there, and isn't going to be 100% committed to it (and most people are like that).

Could he have said no? Yeah, he could have. Yet he didn't. Which I completely understand.

Actually Maurice Clarett had a 1,000 yard season and won a national championship. So I'm giving him too much credit with that comparison.

Bryce had a good year as a true freshman running behind Montario. He would have been a beast for us if he stayed. Did he do something to you or your family?

Had Bryce not listened to his Dad and stayed at U.T., he would have been Hardesty's back up last season. He may have even been behind Lennon Creer or R. Neal also. He would have grown unhappy and eventually left anyway.
He just wasn't as talented as his billing of a #1 recruit was. Regardless of if he had remained at U.T., transferred to U$C or transferred to K-State, it wasn't going to end well.
His dad didn't help the situation but it was a time bomb that would have exploded, regardless of which school he was at this season.

What the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe I'm in the minority because of the way he left, but I'm rooting for Bryce to succeed.

I hope he does make it to the NFL.

Me too. His dad screwed him over. I hope he does well. Has a ton of potential.

I feel bad for the kid.

He's almost 21. He's 3 years removed from high school.

This whole idea that his dad ruined his career is ridiculous. He probably didn't help matters, but there are alot of athletes with parents like that. Not all of them quit on two different college programs who were kind enough to offer him a free education.

Ego.

I must have missed last season. Didnt know these guys were here then.

In spite of being injured during his time at UT, Bryce showed a very smooth running style and showed vision to find the running lanes. I think that he could get a good look at the next level....if that is truely where he is headed.

Apparently it's ladies night on Volnation.

Free tissues all around.

Bryce Brown quit on our program and you're all defending him and making excuses. Cry me a freakin' river.

Out of all the guys that have transferred out of Tennessee, Bryce makes the least sense to hate on.

VN Store

Back