Opening 2012 In The Top 25

BringItBack

Not that it really matters, but I'd like to see it, and believe it will happen. Thinking 20-25 is where we should open up. I remember opening up at #13 in 98'. And thought it was a slap in The face...

Its gonna be Nice to be good enough again where being relavent is the norm. Bring It Back Dooley..!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Would be nice but...

di-T1MH.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Tough crowd... Anyway, preseason polls are based off of returning depth and schedule....expected overall record etc. We will have as many returning players as anyone in The country. Talented as well. Not that far fetched really... If it doesn't happen so be it.... But it really doesn't take that much of an imagination to realize what we have coming back, and where We are expected to be Nationally. JMO...

Reactions: 5 people
I been around long enough to know how the system works, If not the top 25 then what? Lets hear it experts? And don't give me the 2011 5-7 record argument... Its weak.

texas had a 5-7 record i think last year and they were in the top 25 this year in one of the preseason polls

No one care to elaborate on why it can't happen? I'm interested on what makes everyone think its outta the realm of possibility. We are not that far away... Loads of talent coming back with a much more favorable schedule. Hunter hopefully Healthy, along with Bray. Talent everywhere... I'm not saying its gonna happen.. But its possible.

It's not impossible. Teams are ranked on team talent the following year. It's purely speculative but prior season's record has little to nothing to do with next season's Top 25 ranking. See Auburn beginning this year after N.C.

Fun fact. Tennessee hasn't even received a vote in the AP final poll since the 2007 season. Not sure we have much momentum in the minds of voters. Maybe we end up 2/3 of the way down "Others receiving votes."

VN Store

Back