What I'm looking for Saturday...

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
1. Better defensive rotation. Lawvol has done a tremendous job explaining this, but it's totally ruining a lot of the good we do. It hurts us rebounding, and most importantly, our paint defense. We don't have any shot blockers. When you don't have someone who can clean up the mess, rotating correctly and quickly is of utmost important. To be a good defense, you have to help better.

2. Will the real Trae Golden please stand up? He has been in a funk, and to be honest, he doesn't look like he has complete control of the offense. He ran the team so well those first two games, and since getting in foul trouble against Duke he has been out of sync. He needs to get back to running the team.

3. Big man rotation. We have played five bigs so far, and I think Martin would like to dwindle that to four consistent big men. We know Maymon will get majority of minutes, and we know Hall will continue to play. It seems Yemi has locked up a spot. With Hall's foul troubles and Maymon's ankle, we really need another big to step up and do the dirty work. I'm curious to see who plays significant minutes Saturday.

hopefully we see Maymon bounce back, I think the Achillies was really hurting him

hopefully we see Maymon bounce back, I think the Achillies was really hurting him

He is actually pretty athletic, and is has zapped him. Hopefully he gets that back, because, even in the Duke game, he should have had a 20/10.

Swiper boy is really athletic enough to be the 4th or 5th, but he believes he is a shooting guard.

Swiper boy is really athletic enough to be the 4th or 5th, but he believes he is a shooting guard.

That's not it.

Swiperboy just has no basketball IQ. Not his fault, he just doesn't have it.

IMO, this team doesn't rotate well on defense. We might be able to play man-D against AP but against the better teams I'm not convinced we wouldn't be better served to play primarily zone. Trae is a defensive liability guarding quicker PGs and our forwards aren't imposing enough to stop true 6'10 centers. UT should win by 15 or so but I'm not sure what can be learned from this game.

There'll be no excuse if we don't win the rebounding battle Saturday.

2. The first two games we played against dog teams. Hell McBee was lighting them up.
You are supposed to have big numbers against teams like that.

My #1 would have to be Rebounding. I don't care who we are playing, if you give up 15+ offensive rebounds you are more than likely going to lose. Let's control and put more emphasis on defensive rebounding from now on.

Reactions: 1 person
To be quite frank...UT has been so unlucky this year...They had a chance to beat two top 10 teams (despite the defense woes).

Eventually they have to break the bad luck...

To be quite frank...UT has been so unlucky this year...They had a chance to beat two top 10 teams (despite the defense woes).

Eventually they have to break the bad luck...

Usually I would say yes. After watching TN football the past decade I will hold off on that statement.

Ha! totally true, alum.

The big guys need to box out correctly. They need to push their guys to the sides of the court away from the basket so they or someone else on our team has the best shot to get the rebound on defense. We need to use these next 6 games as our best live action practice before we get to the meat of the schedule.

I'll be there...

tumblr_lidtkcs1df1qi9th2o1_250.gif

VN Store

Back