'12 TX S LaDarrell McNeil (TN signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really cant afford to lose McNeil. He is a crucial part to our defense not only next year, but for years to come as well. He has that playmaking ability that we have lacked since Berry or even Jackson at Safety. He definitely needs to be locked up for sure, if he isn't already.

can not lose this guy he is the berry type safety hits like a truck the staff better be on there way down to texas right now!!!!!!

Cross is almost for sure gone and there is good and fair reasoning behind that move.

McNeil visiting could mean something similar but it is still way too early to hinge the success of our recruiting on one, two, or three players.

I say patience because regardless of how you feel about Dooley, he has done in recruiting the past two years more than what we could have expected from a coach given the circumstances. His results speak pretty loud compared to 07 thru 09. Trust the coaches. Let the media hype spin itself.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd certainly hate to lose this guy, But it won't make or break this class one way or another. If we lose him we will fill the slot with other needs.

UT is in the SEC and that's big for McNeil. He's a really really good player so teams were bound to come after him hard one way or another. It's going to be a battle all the way up until NSD that's for sure.

“LaDarrell, we will know what his visits look like soon,” Barnett said Monday night. “He’s going to visit either Notre Dame, Nebraska or Miami this weekend. He really wants to see Notre Dame, but he has a relationship with (offensive coordinator) Tim Beck of Nebraska. Arkansas is coming to the school (Tuesday), so he may visit Arkansas December 16 or he may save the rest of his visits for January.”
“LaDarrell will be going to Tennessee January 14 and Oklahoma State January 21. Texas Tech is possibly for January 28, or he may keep that one open,” Barnett said.

“LSU and Alabama are two schools that LaDarrell would visit if they called. He would make changes to visit either LSU or Alabama,” he said.
Inside the Texas state lines, the Texas Longhorns are trying to work their way back into the picture.
“Texas, they are back in it," Barnett said.

Gvx247

qT8th.gif

I say we all go elementary school on this guy and promise to be his best friend if he comes here!

UT is in the SEC and that's big for McNeil. He's a really really good player so teams were bound to come after him hard one way or another. It's going to be a battle all the way up until NSD that's for sure.

McNeil is committed to UT. So far. I'm sure the coaches are keeping a close tab on this one. Another variable in the situation is where Collins lands. Wherever he lands, that's one less that UT has to worry about grabbing McNeil.

McNeil is committed to UT. So far. I'm sure the coaches are keeping a close tab on this one. Another variable in the situation is where Collins lands. Wherever he lands, that's one less that UT has to worry about grabbing McNeil.

That would be LSU which isn't a concern anyway.

When The 3 Amigos go official I think that could help solidify McNeil.

Texas is coming on, but I think we hold them off. They are really late, and even though they shunned him all year, they trying like heck to get him in for a visit.

There is some concern here. Hopefully McNeill's OV to UT in January will solidify things.

Uh Oh! I'm not very surprised though, this kid can now stay in Texas and play in the SEC. All the schools he is visiting are top notch. I'm sure it doesn't help when these kids visit sites like this and see fans calling for the coaches head after 2 years and how he should be gone in year 3. Also the fact that the fans don't show up for games that aren't as important.

If I were a player of this caliber all of that would factor into my decision. Seeing how many fans bash a kid like DR, Poole, TB etc etc for various reasons. I know other schools/fans do it but if I'm going 1800 miles away from home do I really want to deal with this BS? NOPE!!

Uh Oh! I'm not very surprised though, this kid can now stay in Texas and play in the SEC. All the schools he is visiting are top notch. I'm sure it doesn't help when these kids visit sites like this and see fans calling for the coaches head after 2 years and how he should be gone in year 3. Also the fact that the fans don't show up for games that aren't as important.

If I were a player of this caliber all of that would factor into my decision. Seeing how many fans bash a kid like DR, Poole, TB etc etc for various reasons. I know other schools/fans do it but if I'm going 1800 miles away from home do I really want to deal with this BS? NOPE!!

You must really hang out in the football forum......

Dooley has a good relationship with his HS coach. They coached together at SMU. I think it will be ok. If we lose him it won't have much to do with Russell leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back