Anybody recognize the Ref that hurt us the most?

I guess you know more than a veteran commentator. What do you do for a living? I'll choose to ignore the "idiot" thing.

Those two bozos last night were pretty sorry....they were coaching the game, not announing it.

I hope you can take another look at the play (turn off the sound)....there is no need to continue your argument....it was not recovered by GA, inspite of the ESPN2announcers.

Those two bozos last night were pretty sorry....they were coaching the game, not announing it.

I hope you can take another look at the play (turn off the sound)....there is no need to continue your argument....it was not recovered by GA, inspite of the ESPN2announcers.

I agree. I thought the coaching comentary was completely uncalled for and I did not appreciate it.

The ball came out, that's for sure. Neal had his left hand and leg wrapped around it. At the same time, you see Herrera put his hands on the ball. It all comes down to the ruling. The player was ruled down and IMO there was not enough video evidence that Herrera recovered the ball by himself. They both seemed to grab it at the same time. It could have gone either way but I really did not have a problem with the call.

And you're not a homer.

You don't know what would have happened had UGA gotten the ball.

Considering Tennessee held UGA to not many point despite the one big pass that led to the touchdown, I don't know if anything other than a field goal would have happened.

Again, tell me UGA would have gone for it on 4th and goal and scored had it not been for the pass interference call.

Phantom PI's that kept 2 drives going for Georgia (10 points) Missed PI's one missed in the end zone and one of the 20 yr line (at least 10 points) that's a 20 point swing. Come on it did have something to do with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm watching the replay and UT (Neal) fumbled with 5:34 left in the 1st. The replay clearly shows a fumble, recovered by UGA, and the commentators said that the refs got it wrong by giving UT the ball back. Anyone who says that the refs were biased is thinking one-sided.

Neal's hand is clearly on the ball as well. As you see at the very end of the replay, the UGA defender only has one hand on it as well. Guess who simultaneous possession goes to? The commentators were idiots by not seeing the giant orange glove in there too. It's clear as day.

Let me say first that the refs did not cost us the game.
The first possession of the third qtr set the tone in my opinion and we laid an egg, again.
But, the ref that missed the two PI's against us, and made the two huge PI's for GA (the big tall old black guy), was none other than ole Alamma Matthews, the Vandy grad who hates UT, and who made the Gaffney "catch" call that allowed the Gators to steal one from us a decade ago. He hosed us in that game on several other calls and after that year Fulmer had the SEC take him off our games and he didnt call any of our games till the Punk took over, then the blackball was lifted. Dooley should see about reinstating it now.
This guy should never call one of our games, EVER.

interesting

There should be a rule that no SEC grad can ref in the SEC. Keep it simple.

I agree. Last night, in the first half, two obvious pass interference non-calls (in my opinion) cost the Vols at least one touchdown. (Last drive of the first half, sepcifically.) Two ticky-tack pass interference calls against the Vols resulted in at least 10 points for Georgia.

Take 10 off for Georgia and add 4 to the Vols...that's the impact officating had on this game.

That's a pretty simplistic view. (Georgia may have won the game, anyway.) However, had the officiating been top shelf, the Vols would have most likely entered the locker room at halftime up 10-3, as opposed to tied at 6.

This officating crew definitely affected the outcome.

tennessee had the game all the way if it wasn't for the refs.

when you have 3rd and 57, you know the refs are out to get you

This HAS to be the most laughable, loser post I've ever seen anywhere!:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

You got beat. Deal with it.

Yes, we got beat. But that officiating crew is still terrible.

Same game, UGA ends up punting on 4th and 57? As a Georgia fan, you have to agree that those officals "decided" that it was time to start calling holding penalties during that stretch.

I believe that officiating crew makes a conscious effort to impact the game. Some form of holding occurs on about 80% of offensive snaps, if you interpret the rule book and apply it literally to every play.

I don't know WHY this particular crew does it, but they do. Not just UT games, either. It seems that every game I've watched in which this crew is working, suspect officiating occurs at critical "momentum points" during the game.

Yes, we got beat. But that officiating crew is still terrible.

Same game, UGA ends up punting on 4th and 57? As a Georgia fan, you have to agree that those officals "decided" that it was time to start calling holding penalties during that stretch.

I believe that officiating crew makes a conscious effort to impact the game. Some form of holding occurs on about 80% of offensive snaps, if you interpret the rule book and apply it literally to every play.

I don't know WHY this particular crew does it, but they do. Not just UT games, either. It seems that every game I've watched in which this crew is working, suspect officiating occurs at critical "momentum points" during the game.

I have no words for this kind of thinking. If UT had won, officiating would be a non-factor. I'll stick with my previous comment.

Back in 2000, the SEC told us he would not officiate a UT game again because he obviously had a grudge vs. us being a Vandy TE in 1981 when he made that call on the field that Gaffney made a catch.

He was the one in the middle of every PI call last night that didn't get called or went against us.

Reactions: 1 person
I wondered the same thing when I saw him out there.. they need to fine him because it was obvious.. even the retarded announcers could see it was going on

Those PI calls made a HUGE difference in the game. This clown needs to be permanently barred from Neyland.

I have sent an email in to a friend with some ties to the coaching staff. Not sure if it will do any good....but equally not as sure the current coaching staff has any knowledge of that POS Matthews.

The SEC is the best conference with the worst officials. Matthews was the one that let the Memphis player get up and run for a touchdown back in '96. But no replay back then, ironic.

VN Store

Back