Willie Mack gave Lyles $1,500 for a...

Wasn't Brown's dad threatening to talk to the NCAA after Brown wasn't given a release? That may be concerning if Brown is given immunity.

Wasn't Brown's dad threatening to talk to the NCAA after Brown wasn't given a release? That may be concerning if Brown is given immunity.

I remember he threatened to sue Tennessee if Bryce didn't get his release. His lawyer told him it wasn't a good idea.

The whole immunity thing is very worrying, especially considering the NCAA is talking about granting immunity to a bunch of players we had on campus in 2009 to get them to talk.

This is why WMG resigned for personal reasons. Kiffin and him found out about this and at this point Kiffin had no choice but to tell him that he had to either step down or get fired. It was the only move they had.

He also had no knowledge of his brother in law sending hostesses to see recruits. All of his assistants were willing to spend their own money to cheat for Lane because they were willing to risk their careers so he could succeed.

He also had no knowledge of his brother in law sending hostesses to see recruits. All of his assistants were willing to spend their own money to cheat for Lane because they were willing to risk their careers so he could succeed.

Yeah and WMG had some personal issues. That's why he left USC before the first week of the football season.

If this is true then it is a very big deal. The previous allegations were concerning illegal contact with recruits and there was no financial inducement for players to come to UT. I said all along that the football program would not get major penalties for illegal contact and the school actually did a great job of monitoring compliance with the previous staff.

BUT, this is different in that there is so called evidence of financial inducement to a player. If this is proven to be true then UT as a program should receive some kind of a major penalty.

There are a couple of suspicious facts here:

Lyles, for some reason only names "the university." His association with UT was only through his relationship with Wilie Mac Garza. Was there a continued relationship between Garza and Lyles after Garza left for USC? If not, then why did Garza suddenly disappear at USC?

Why have we not heard anything from the NCAA in the recent Yahoo story concerning the Alabama situation? Are the NCAA rules less important in the state of Alabama?

The fact is either Lane Kiffin OR UT has dirt on their hands amd should be punished accordingly if this story is true. The problem for us is that UT hired this idiot and UT is responsible to the NCAA.

It is just too bad that these institutions can not go after these slime ball coaches for restitution for damage to the program. And let's name Mike Hamilton as a target too.

The injustice I see that may be forthcoming is that UT takes a hit and Auburn and Alabama getting very little attention from the authorities in Indianapolis.

If only the NCAA worked like the actual justice system were we could claim double jeopardy. we have already been tried for our kiffin crimes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The thing is , how does Tennessee monitor a moneygram transaction that was sent from Texas , to another location in Texas? I don't even know how they would monitor one he sent in Tennessee? I have never used them , but the only place I have seen one is at Wal Mart. Are they suppose to follow the coaches everytime they go to Wal-Mart? I have no doubt in my mind that Kiffin knew about this. I also don't think a booster gave the money to WMG. It's just not that much when you look at how much money the staff and the Kiffins alone would have. Lane can keep lying , but it's only a matter of time until the truth comes out. Eventually , somebody won't fall on the sword for him to save his career. They will tell the truth trying to save their own. Just give it time , we won't be the last school to be named in this story.

Last edited:
The mother should have known this was not acceptable. The parents of these athletes have some responsibility here too. I can tell you that as a parent of an athlete I know when he can and can not be contacted, when he can and can not visit and am doing my best to make sure that I also know all of the other do's and don'ts...so if you don't want this crap to come back on your kid, parents need to educate themselves about all of the requirements and make sure that they do not put their child in this situation. Having said all that...most schools have people on their staff who are gonna try to get that edge they think they may need and will do stupid stuff like this...sad but true. The NCAA needs to focus on the coaches and not the university as a whole when it is demonmstrated that there is a bad apple... such as Kiffin and his posse.

Reactions: 1 person
"Former Tennessee assistant Willie Mack Garza paid for a top recruit and his mother to fly to Knoxville for an unofficial recruiting trip during Lane Kiffin's tenure at the school, Yahoo! Sports reported Monday night."

This on ESPN!!! look at the headlines on the right side!!

VN Store

Back