Madden is terrible

I like NCAA because I'm more of a college football fan, and I haven't played Madden '12 yet, but Madden has always always always been better than NCAA in my experience.

Madden this year has better gameplay, hardly any bugs, and no broken features like NCAA does. It's a much better game this year and it's not even close IMO. I'm a huge fan of the NCAA series, but they lost me this year when they broke online dynasty with the custom playbook "feature" they had flaunted.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Madden is much better than ncaa. I have yet to play madden yet because I know when I do ill never play ncaa again this year. Still trying to get my money out of ncaa

Last years Madden was the worst football game I have ever played. This years NCAA is second.

Defense reminds me of NCAA 11. Zone pass D is weak. The running game is even easier. Outside, inside, it doesn't matter. You have to literally blitz every play unless you get a big lead. Far too many injuries. Graphics look decent at first then you see a guy with dreads coming out the middle of his helmet. Commentary is awful. A lot of animations are awful. The coin on the toss drops like 500 lb weight. Pre-snap adjustments are not as user friendly as NCAA. I like the kicking but it will be almost impossible to miss a fg unless the meter just gets too laggy. I'll give it another week or so to see if it somehow grows on me. NCAA has it's technical problems but graphics & gameplay is better.

I play NCAA football because I'm a bigger fan of the college game, but I don't know how much more apparent EA can make it year after year that it is an afterthought to Madden. I would like to see them go a year or two with absolutely no new features and just work on what they have with NCAA.

I have more fun playing NCAA than Madden, so that's all that I really care about

Coin toss was almost a deal breaker for me as well.

You would think they could get that halfway decent. Just saying its one animation that is messed up. I think this game was just overhyped.

Who gives a flying **** about the coin toss in a video game, OP?

On that note, I traded my NCAA after 2 weeks for Madden, and don't regret it. Now I'm just trying to weasel my way into this highly tauted VOL Gamers group.

Vol Gamers is elite. Once a semi-non-existing website. Now we many operate undercover.

The coin toss was just one animation that was messed up & I didn't notice until somebody in the room mentioned. Apparently everybody agrees with all the other flaws I mentioned.

Defense reminds me of NCAA 11. Zone pass D is weak. The running game is even easier. Outside, inside, it doesn't matter. You have to literally blitz every play unless you get a big lead. Far too many injuries. Graphics look decent at first then you see a guy with dreads coming out the middle of his helmet. Commentary is awful. A lot of animations are awful. The coin on the toss drops like 500 lb weight. Pre-snap adjustments are not as user friendly as NCAA. I like the kicking but it will be almost impossible to miss a fg unless the meter just gets too laggy. I'll give it another week or so to see if it somehow grows on me. NCAA has it's technical problems but graphics & gameplay is better.

Dreads are terrible in both games. Commentary is terrible in both games. Probably worse in Madden. You can change the set up of pre snap adjustments to what it is in NCAA.

Dreads are terrible in both games. Commentary is terrible in both games. Probably worse in Madden. You can change the set up of pre snap adjustments to what it is in NCAA.

How do you do that?

Coin toss was almost a deal breaker for me as well.

:eek:lol:

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, in which case I'm laughing with you. If not, I'm laughing at you.

BTW, a coin is supposed to fall at the same rate as a 500 lb. weight. Sounds like they modeled it correctly. Or did you mean the coin toss falls as if it were on Saturn?

Science!

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, in which case I'm laughing with you. If not, I'm laughing at you.

BTW, a coin is supposed to fall at the same rate as a 500 lb. weight. Sounds like they modeled it correctly. Or did you mean the coin toss falls as if it were on Saturn?

Science!

You knew what I meant but you're wrong anyway.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, in which case I'm laughing with you. If not, I'm laughing yat you.

Science!

Double mobile post....

Last edited:

Science!

199% Sarcastic... I give two 5hits about the coin toss.

??? Explain.

There are a lot of variables in determining how fast an object falls to the ground. It is possible for a 500 lb weight to fall at the same rate but not guaranteed. The coin toss is far from a deal breaker regardless but you would expect a much more polished game. The gameplay itself is terrible.

VN Store

Back