You can get Memphis fb tix w/a groupon..

Ouch. Wouldnt be surpised if Tiger High isn't playing football ten years from now

When I was there for my Masters last year, the students would go tailgate and never go into the games. It was louder outside the stadium.

And to make things even funnier...they are a 15.5 pt dog.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They need to either stop playing football, or refocus and build a 40k seat stadium at Audubon Park right near the campus, or on campus somewhere else.

That athletic program is in bad shape. Although their basketball program is a national power, football drives the engine and Memphis may arguably have the worst football program in all of FBS.

They need to either stop playing football, or refocus and build a 40k seat stadium at Audubon Park right near the campus, or on campus somewhere else.

Why? They are a commuter school... why would they need an on campus stadium?

Because people don't want to go watch football games at the pos Liberty Bowl in the middle of the hood.

You realize that UM is basically in Orange Mound, right? And that the Liberty Bowl is about 3 miles or so from campus, right? Down Central, no less, bordering Chickasaw Gardens and Memphis Country Club.

The distance to the practice field, on Getwell, is about 2.5... on Getwell.

People don't want to go see crap football. Location has nothing to do with the team on the field.

You realize that UM is basically in Orange Mound, right? And that the Liberty Bowl is about 3 miles or so from campus, right? Down Central, no less, bordering Chickasaw Gardens and Memphis Country Club.

The distance to the practice field, on Getwell, is about 2.5... on Getwell.

People don't want to go see crap football. Location has nothing to do with the team on the field.

Disagree. Campus isn't in orange mound at all. The liberty bowl is a pos and the product is as well. They need a new atmosphere, or just stop playing.

Isn't the FedEx guy suppose to do like, help the football program?

Disagree. Campus isn't in orange mound at all. The liberty bowl is a pos and the product is as well. They need a new atmosphere, or just stop playing.

Campus is basically Orange Mound. Which is what I said. Is it in the historic defined boundaries of Orange Mound? No.

It is defacto orange mound, just as much of the entire 38111 zipcode is basically orange mound. I know... it is my zipcode. I live right across the street from the historically defined limits of orange mound, just north of Southern.

We are defacto orange mound, as is the campus. As is the stadium.

Liberty bowl had no problems putting people in the stands in 2009, and Memphis had much less trouble putting people in the stands when DeAngelo Williams played.

Put a team worth watching on the field, and people will go watch.

That wouldn't be a bad idea if they had: A) an AD who put any ounce of money into the football program and B) a school president who cared about sports.

They need to either drop the football team or fire the AD and president and start from scratch. Hell, give Mike Hamilton a call.

I got a groupon offer from Chattanooga Moc vs Jacksonville St and it was $15 for two.Poor Memphis

VN Store

Back