Football gets New Commitment

He has been leaning towards UT for awhile. I was not sure if we would take his commitment, but apparently we have. Yeah, he is a 3-star right now but he is another one of those players that will very possibly end up a 4-star by the end of the process. He is a kid who is a tweener and those are hard to evaluate. He plays mostly LB in high school, at 225. But he is certainly headed towards the DE spot in college. He needs to put on about 25-35 pounds but once he does he could be a great pass rushing DE.

Think Gerald Williams. That is exactly who he reminds me of. We may have landed our bookends for the future with the Williams'. He is 3* but, as previously mentioned, it would shock me if he ends up that way, definite 4*.

O, and rickbol, I told you we would take him.

We need linemen and Rufus looks like a good DE prospect. I'm a big defender/admirer of the star-rating system but IMHO it is more useful in rating skill positions and ATHs. WR, QB and RB is where I want to see the Vols land the 5* guys.

You were correct, we did take him. It was a big shock to our staff and they were a little hesitant at first when he called. But, I think they felt like it was better to take him then wait on another player and possibly lose out. Plus, I think they felt like some of the other DE's on the board are good enough to take them along with Rufus. I think Rufus has the potential to fit into the Robert Ayers mold. Very fast, but undersized. Hopefully his frame puts on weight well.

'lil more info. on Rufus, last year as a HS Jr. he had 87 tackles, 35 for loss, and 14 sacks. Rufus has offers from Bama, AU, W.Va., Ole Miss, NC St., and 1-2 other schools.

sounds like he has speed, what did L. Little weigh when he played on the hill?

I remember when that de from UF killed us Alex Brown, he wasnt very heavy, but his speed killed us

VN Store

Back