Too Many Players?

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
A great problem to have, but it seems like UT bball has too many players, unless they are going to have a 14 man rotation:

Team 1
PG Goins
SG Hopson
SF Tatum
PF Harris
C Williams

Team 2
PG Golden
SG Bone
SF McCray
PF Hall
C Fields

Team 3
SG McBee
SF Woolridge
PF Maymon
Utility: Pearl

This is way too many players to rotate, even for Pearl.....I say send McBee, Pearl Jr., deep to the bench, that would create a 12 man rotation, which is still ridiculous......I hope that this doesn't cause players to get upset as the season goes along.....

Never a problem.

A few injuries and that depth suddenly turns into a bit of a scare.

A great problem to have, but it seems like UT bball has too many players, unless they are going to have a 14 man rotation:

Team 1
PG Goins
SG Hopson
SF Tatum
PF Harris
C Williams

Team 2
PG Golden
SG Bone
SF McCray
PF Hall
C Fields

Team 3
SG McBee
SF Woolridge
PF Maymon

This is way too many players to rotate, even for Pearl.....I say send McBee, Pearl Jr., deep to the bench, that would create a 12 man rotation, which is still ridiculous......I hope that this doesn't cause players to get upset as the season goes along.....

Pearl will not play favorites.
He will get plenty of minutes to two groups of players.

PG Goins/Golden
SG Hopson/Mcbee (I think he is a needed offensive threat unlike Bone).
SF Tatum/McRae
PF Harris/Maymon (but not yet BC Maymon cannot join yet).
C Williams/Fields

I think others will not play tons of minutes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pearl will not play favorites.
He will get plenty of minutes to two groups of players.

PG Goins/Golden
SG Hopson/Mcbee (I think he is a needed offensive threat unlike Bone).
SF Tatum/McRae
PF Harris/Maymon (but not yet BC Maymon cannot join yet).
C Williams/Fields

I think others will not play tons of minutes.

yeah you could be right......but I doubt that Bone, Hall, Pearl, and Woolridge will be totally warming the bench....we'll see

It will be cut to 9 or 10, I imagine. If not, I don't think it will work.

I don't think there is such a thing as too many players. We have great depth. Will all of them get a great number of minutes? No. Will about 10 of them contribute greatly? Yes.

10 man rotation only. 4 will be left out. 1 will be redshirted. 3 will sit.

By the tournament I think that is true dowell barring injury or foul trouble (Fields and Williams each have 4, Hall is going to play).

During the regular season I expect us to win some games by 35 or 40. I expect Pearl and Woolridge and Bone to play at that point.

I like it! That means you better come with your "A" game whether it's practice or a game, because you can see there's talent and ability even in the 14th guy on that bench and it's pressure for you to keep doing all the right things!

Are you complaining that we have 14 players that "could" play or about the fact that you think Pearl will try to play all 14?

Pearl will not play all 14 in his rotation.

Having quality depth is never a bad thing.

Team 1
PG Goins
SG Hopson
SF Tatum
PF Harris
C Williams

Team 2
PG Golden
SG Bone
SF McCray
PF Hall
C Fields

Team 3
SG McBee
SF Woolridge
PF Maymon

You really can't have more than a 9 man rotation, 10 max and be effective.

By the tournament I think that is true dowell barring injury or foul trouble (Fields and Williams each have 4, Hall is going to play).

During the regular season I expect us to win some games by 35 or 40. I expect Pearl and Woolridge and Bone to play at that point.

I agree, but they won't be part of the regular rotation. Pearl likely will, but not Woolridge or Bone.

Are we thinking Tobias will be playing some 3? And it would make sense to redshirt McRae IMO

I don't think there is such a thing as too many players. We have great depth. Will all of them get a great number of minutes? No. Will about 10 of them contribute greatly? Yes.

:good!: Agreed

wow... this team has a LOT of depth! how are we only in the 20's in ranking again?

id enjoy seeing this line up from a size/athleticism/talent point of view:
PG: Golden
SG: Hopson
SF: Harris
PF: Hall
C: Williams

talk about a huge team

1. How am I the only one to think this was a Wilcox/STeams thread? Wow. Good job guys.
2. This is not a problem. That's silly.

I agree about the 10 man rotation, but at some points Hall will play. Bone, Pearl, and Woolridge no, but Hall will play more then some expect... imo.

Of course Bone is now out at least 6 weeks and Maybin can't play until mid December. Pearl will be in the rotation for now. My guess is Woolridge and Hall will be out of the rotation.

PG - Goins, Golden
SG - Hopson, McBee
SF - Tatum, McRae
PF - Harris, Pearl (for now, but Maybin when he is eligible)
C - Williams, Fields

mcBee is a great three point shooter and a great passer and it looks like he will play some point this year. Bone is an ok player but he is short and has an injery and the other night he didnt look to good at all. and pearl Jr. as u say plays with a lot of effert and he will receive his minites this year.

VN Store

Back