Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

image_200710416403030504.jpg

thing of beauty it is -Yoda

i'm a big fan of knobb creak and makers.

I have been really disappointed with all of the Beam small batches except Basil, which I love. I'm in the minority, I know. I live in bourbon country, and Makers is the premium, and Knobb Creek and L&G and Woodford are top shelf. All are very highly regarded.

Most bourbon drinkers disagree, but I think fruits and flowers are for scotch. I like charcoal and molasses: Jack, Basil, Pappy.

I'm big on Crown or Gentleman Jack, but when I like to switch it up, regular old Jack Daniels has a nice sweet taste that I enjoy.

Unfortunately since I'm not exactly at the top of the tax bracket I usually have to go with Canadian Mist for $6 a pint. Classy, I know.

I'm big on Crown or Gentleman Jack, but when I like to switch it up, regular old Jack Daniels has a nice sweet taste that I enjoy.

Unfortunately since I'm not exactly at the top of the tax bracket I usually have to go with Canadian Mist for $6 a pint. Classy, I know.

No Canadians, please. They have tails, you know.

George dickel, Makers, Woodford, and Eagle rare are my favorites. No Canadian for me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I had no clue this thread would tale off like it has. Any of u guys live in Nashville? Just moved here in mt Juliet and would love to throw back some good whisky(ey) or scotch with a fellow vol fan.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: volfannbama
Did a maker's tasting at Downtown Brewery tonight.

New Maker's 46. Tasty stuff.

personally i love makers mark, but haven't found their more premium stuff to be much superior. or at least not compared to johnny walker or jack daniels.

Gentleman Jack is Good.

Funny story about that. The other night I was a bar and a guy comes in and orders "A Shot of Gentleman Jack." He goes to the bathroom and comes back to find that they bartender had brought him a shot of Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. The dude was like "WTF is this?" The bartender said "You wanted Jim and Jack".

Long story short, they actually had an argument about it and the guy ended up leaving. Strange stuff.

Same thing happened to me, but different way.

The answer is Scotch whisky. And the real answer is anything made by Springbank, which is the finest distillery in the world. The higher-end Springbanks are simply the finest liquids on the planet.

The main usefulness of bourbon is that the empty casks go over to Scotland and Ireland, where they are used to age real whisk(e)y.

With all due respect, you people who are drinking Jack Daniel's and bourbon and thinking it's good whiskey are wasting the few valuable years you have on this earth. Get yourselves into the single-malt Scotch. Not Johnnie Walker, not the Glenlivet, not any of that touristy-crap. The real stuff. You guys are spending your whole lives nailing fat chicks when there's a room full of Russian models right next door.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you people who are drinking Jack Daniel's and bourbon and thinking it's good whiskey are wasting the few valuable years you have on this earth. Get yourselves into the single-malt Scotch. Not Johnnie Walker, not the Glenlivet, not any of that touristy-crap. The real stuff. You guys are spending your whole lives nailing fat chicks when there's a room full of Russian models right next door.

Thats quite a big step from Gentleman Jack to Laphroaig 27yo. Something like the Glenlivet would be a good gateway.

VN Store

Back