Soccer Fans - Picking an EPL Team

I made that analogy earlier. I dislike them both, but Chelsea just a little bit more.

Possibly a better analogy would be Chelsea:NE Patriots, Man U:Dallas Cowboys. They both have ridiculous payrolls but one has a rich history while the other, outside of the last 10 or so years, does not.

Both have a ton of bandwaggoner fans.

Most EPL fans are bandwaggoners. Hell, the only reason I am a Man U fan is they were the only team that was on TV back in the day when I started watching club soccer.

Chelsea is definitely OUT, then. What would you equate Arsenal to in America?
Fabregas is a stud, and Van Persie (for Netherlands) is fun to watch. I don't want to be a bandwaggoner, but I also have put up with too many seasons with the Cubs to go with a squad that is cursed.

Switching sports on you from what everybody else has been listing but...the Phoenix Suns. They play a hell of a lot better looking, entertaining style of play that'll almost never allow them to win the league.

If you are willing to look at some clubs outside of big 4 (and the de facto US embassy in Fulham) there are some enjoyable/interesting sides to follow but will probably never be real serious contenders for the league. It's usually a fight just to see if one of the none Goliath's will finish in the top 4 and make it to Europe. Everton would be a good club from that standpoint, and if you just want to have a really interesting ride (in a crazy, spend their brains out kind of way) you could always become a Man City fan. They're never boring, just not all that good.

Switching sports on you from what everybody else has been listing but...the Phoenix Suns. They play a hell of a lot better looking, entertaining style of play that'll almost never allow them to win the league.

If you are willing to look at some clubs outside of big 4 (and the de facto US embassy in Fulham) there are some enjoyable/interesting sides to follow but will probably never be real serious contenders for the league. It's usually a fight just to see if one of the none Goliath's will finish in the top 4 and make it to Europe. Everton would be a good club from that standpoint, and if you just want to have a really interesting ride (in a crazy, spend their brains out kind of way) you could always become a Man City fan. They're never boring, just not all that good.

That's a pretty good comparison, I think. They have won more championships than the Suns ever will though.

Most EPL fans are bandwaggoners. Hell, the only reason I am a Man U fan is they were the only team that was on TV back in the day when I started watching club soccer.

That's true because most that have an EPL team they're following would be Man U.

They've won more than half of the last 20 years championships so, yeah, it's a bit obvious. Considering that only 3 teams have won championships in that time... it's hard to classify anyone of being a bandwagon fan if they're pulling for Totten, Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham, etc. Though, with Liverpool, they've had some great success in UEFA Cups.

Though I will agree I have a bit of a feeling of "bandwagon" for liking Bayern Munich even though I have some decent reasons.

Man U is owned by Americans, just saying. So basically, if you don't pull for Man U, you might as well be a terrorist.

I have been a big Carolina Panthers fan since 1995. Man U is owned by the Glazers who also own the TB Bucs. The only thing worse than that would be if they owned the Atlanta Falcons.
Even the thought of that makes me wonder if you, sir, are in fact the terrorist.

I have been a big Carolina Panthers fan since 1995. Man U is owned by the Glazers who also own the TB Bucs. The only thing worse than that would be if they owned the Atlanta Falcons.
Even the thought of that makes me wonder if you, sir, are in fact the terrorist.

There's a good chance you are both terrorists.

That's true because most that have an EPL team they're following would be Man U.

They've won more than half of the last 20 years championships so, yeah, it's a bit obvious. Considering that only 3 teams have won championships in that time... it's hard to classify anyone of being a bandwagon fan if they're pulling for Totten, Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham, etc. Though, with Liverpool, they've had some great success in UEFA Cups.

Though I will agree I have a bit of a feeling of "bandwagon" for liking Bayern Munich even though I have some decent reasons.

I like Bayern Munich myself. Never really had a reason, just liked the way they play.

I've done a nerdy amount of research on this topic this morning (slow day at work), and I have seen a lot that suggests Fabregas could stay. If he does, this could be a homerun for me.
I wonder if there's an online "fantasy" game for EPL like there is for football, baseball, and everything else in America.

I've done a nerdy amount of research on this topic this morning (slow day at work), and I have seen a lot that suggests Fabregas could stay. If he does, this could be a homerun for me.
I wonder if there's an online "fantasy" game for EPL like there is for football, baseball, and everything else in America.

Arsenal is a good club.

Really... anything but Man U and Chelsea.

Even makes watching the World Cup a little more fun. Fox Soccer Channel is great!

If Fabregas stays, it will be for just one more season. He will leave for Barcelona soon enough. So don't expect him to be around that much longer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's a pretty good comparison, I think. They have won more championships than the Suns ever will though.

This is true but I don't see many more on their horizon, I'd love to be proven wrong about that though.

If Fabregas stays, it will be for just one more season. He will leave for Barcelona soon enough. So don't expect him to be around that much longer.

While I know this is the most likely of outcomes, I really hope something happens to change that.

I like Liverpool, because of the Green Irish ties

The city or the team?

I know Liverpool has a large portion of Irish in it... but I was curious if that was it or if it was because of Irish players on it.

Pull for tottenham. Great uniforms, nice part of the city and they are in the champions league next year.

Pull for tottenham. Great uniforms, nice part of the city and they are in the champions league next year.

I'm a Totty fan, have been since '06 and it's been fun. The tradition is pretty good, White Hart Lane is a good stadium with renovations coming up and when I tell people what premier league team I like, they're all like "who?" Anyone can join a bandwagon. Take a chance on the Spurs, Panthro. They'll eventually make me proud! :good!:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back