I now see why SDSU had WAC Success

Welcome to the board Aztec fans.
You can edit your own posts fyi Sparkster. Hit the edit button on your post, clean it up, and save. :hi:

Welcome to the board Aztec fans.
You can edit your own posts fyi Sparkster. Hit the edit button on your post, clean it up, and save. :hi:

I know, I just messed that one up! (I am at work and should really be working on writing a policy, but can't focus!) My bad.

We recognize that we are good, and very althletic, but still have some growing to do. We do have some players that are above average though (ie, Kahwi Leonard), and maybe that is why you get that vibe. (Yes, he really lives up to the hype.)

again... this is relative. Leonard could fit the desciption of very athletic. but 1 very athletic player does not make a whole team very athletic.

very athletic teams i can think of off the top...

syracuse
georgetown
KY
Kansas
WVU

when i think of someone athletic they have all the skills.to play basketball at this level you have to be athletic.To sparkster Malcolm thomas I would describe as a guy who has to get the ball inside of 10 feet i dont want him shooting threes basketvol is right leonard is our only very athletic skill player.White can take it the hole but his shot is questionable.For vols fans bernard king or allen houston those guys had all the skills

again... this is relative. Leonard could fit the desciption of very athletic. but 1 very athletic player does not make a whole team very athletic.

very athletic teams i can think of off the top...

syracuse
georgetown
KY
Kansas
WVU

Just curious, have you watched us play any games? (This is not to say you haven't but I am finding that people on this board are pretty ill-informed of our team. And if you have seen a game I am curious to see which SDSU team you saw... we have gelled into a much different (and better team) than we were a few months ago...)

As a whole, the team is extremely athletic. (Sorry to the guy who thinks the word is overused) Kawhi happens to be well above average, but I think that Thomas, Shelly (when not injured) and White all fit the mold of shaping an "athletic" team.

I think the word athletic gets way over used.Lets clear up a couple of things malcolm thomas is not athletic, i dont kinow if some on this thread know the difference.Your list has non athletic guys oden harford dozier they are referered to as guys who play with there backs to the basket.Kevin durant athletic shaq non athletic.

This may be the most ignorant post yet on this board. MT is extremely athletic. He jumps out of the building, a dynamic shot blocker, handles the rock fluidly for a 6'9 player and is a very elusive and hard to stop post up player in any league. You have clearly never actually seen him play a game. He is much more Kobe Bryant than Shaq and its not even close Seriously guy, what other bull**** do you have to puke out on us?

While your watching this game, you will remember this. Not saying were going to win, but I am saying we match up to you and he is a handful.

when i think of someone athletic they have all the skills.to play basketball at this level you have to be athletic.To sparkster Malcolm thomas I would describe as a guy who has to get the ball inside of 10 feet i dont want him shooting threes basketvol is right leonard is our only very athletic skill player.White can take it the hole but his shot is questionable.For vols fans bernard king or allen houston those guys had all the skills

I agree, I don't want Thomas shooting 3's either; however being athletic is not all about shooting. Thomas has become a very good passer and has good court vision. He is most definitely better closer to the basket, but I would bet he has a little bit more range than we have seen so far. He has already evolved quite a bit this year.

This may be the most ignorant post yet on this board. MT is extremely athletic. He jumps out of the building, a dynamic shot blocker, handles the rock fluidly for a 6'9 player and is a very elusive and hard to stop post up player in any league. You have clearly never actually seen him play a game. He is much more Kobe Bryant than Shaq and its not even close Seriously guy, what other bull**** do you have to puke out on us?

While your watching this game, you will remember this. Not saying were going to win, but I am saying we match up to you and he is a handful.

Good grief. What a load of crap. You just made him out to be an NBAer. He's not. You have one potential NBA player.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

first of all I have been to 4 games and viewed most on the mountain this year.yes he can jump and block shots but give me a brake you think he can shoot? maybe from 10 feet in. my god the guy shot 51% from the free throw line.I will give you this he is athletic he just doesnt have all the skills that say leonard has.

Again, "I never used more althetic or even exceptionally althetic" - it is simply a way to tell you what kind of team we are. We are not some small mid-major team that will just get man-handled by you guys because you are in the SEC. (Don't get me wrong, our last tourney perfomance we were man-handled by Illinios, but this is a very different team.)

As a whole, the team is extremely athletic. (Sorry to the guy who thinks the word is overused) Kawhi happens to be well above average, but I think that Thomas, Shelly (when not injured) and White all fit the mold of shaping an "athletic" team.

extremely athletic and exceptionally athletic are basically the same thing. and neither is the case for sdsu. a solid team who has 1 extremely athletic player... ok. an extremely athletic team... no. not unless we're throwing sdsu and tennessee into the same class as georgetown, KY and kansas.

point is... sdsu's athleticism won't be anything our guys aren't used to night in and night out.

your right we have one potential nba player.It seems in the mountain west we always are considered the more athletic team than say byu or a utah or that basketball juggernaught air force ha.I think when you refer to someone or a team as athletic its kinda saying yes they can jump dunk and block shots run up and down the court.It doesnt always make winning basketball.

point is... sdsu's athleticism won't be anything our guys aren't used to night in and night out.

That wasn't my point at all. My point was that we aren't some soft team that just got by. We have really talented guys and it seems like many people on this board were saying you guys outmatch SDSU by leaps and bounds. I think we are a little more evenly matched. Maybe that wasn't clear...

And apparently I did say we were extremely athletic, you caught me. Although, I said the "extremely athletic" after that first post. But either way, good job on calling me out. I do think we are pretty darn athletic. LOL

That wasn't my point at all. My point was that we aren't some soft team that just got by. We have really talented guys and it seems like many people on this board were saying you guys outmatch SDSU by leaps and bounds. I think we are a little more evenly matched. Maybe that wasn't clear...

And apparently I did say we were extremely athletic, you caught me.
Who said the leaps and bounds piece? Rabbit ears are awful on trolls.

Who said the leaps and bounds piece? Rabbit ears are awful on trolls.

Honestly, what is your problem? Are you really that unhappy in life that you have to come on here and talk trash to people who you will never meet? You aren't even creative or funny... wow.

Get a life buddy. And perhaps one where you say something intelligent in the process - I'm sure other Vol fans would appreciate it.

the conference is way better than usual this year. sdsu is a solid team who shouldn't be taken lightly.

my point is that saying your team is very athletic seems to be a significant banner you are carrying... like your athleticism will be something that will surprise our guys.... or that your athleticism is on the verge of exceptional. i'm sure it is for the MWC. after all... i'm sure you're happy about the way you handled UNM twice this year. they have no bigs.

They may have no bigs but they are an amazing rebounding team, Hobson does a great job for a wing rebounding and may be a lottery pick this year

Honestly, what is your problem? Are you really that unhappy in life that you have to come on here and talk trash to people who you will never meet? You aren't even creative or funny... wow.

Get a life buddy. And perhaps one where you say something intelligent in the process - I'm sure other Vol fans would appreciate it.
You don't need to be having intelligence debates here. You have done nothing to validate that you are anything more than a rival fan whose board banter is unintersting or stupid as all hell. Your weak ass came to our site, not vice versa.

As to the point, show me the post upon which you're basing that drivel about relative strength. . Sounds like you're in fantasyland but trying to play it off as little miss innocent. I don't buy it.

I wasn't aware he was the second coming of Lebron James. Come off it dude, you're describing the guy as an NBA-potential player which we all know simply isn't true. Also, he isn't going to be anything Chism, Prince and the other guys haven't seen before.

I think it is going to be a close game, but you're vastly overhyping the players on your team and being a homer...

Last edited:
They may have no bigs but they are an amazing rebounding team, Hobson does a great job for a wing rebounding and may be a lottery pick this year

No bigs????????? Are you serious? Just FYI, UT has
1- 6'10"
1- 6'9"
2-6'8"
2-6'7"
1-6'6"
The 6'6" is a 2guard and their starting PG is 6'3".

This is UT playing the tallest team in the country and a number 1 seed.
Kentucky Highlights Feb. 27 | UT Sports TV

As to the point, show me the post upon which you're basing that drivel about relative strength. . Sounds like you're in fantasyland but trying to play it off as little miss innocent. I don't buy it.

What are you talking about?

first of all I have been to 4 games and viewed most on the mountain this year.yes he can jump and block shots but give me a brake you think he can shoot? maybe from 10 feet in. my god the guy shot 51% from the free throw line.I will give you this he is athletic he just doesnt have all the skills that say leonard has.

I never said he could shoot. read and comprehend bro.

What are you talking about?

You said someone on this site was overplaying the strength difference between our two teams. You used that to justify your snarky response to one of our posters. I asked you to show me the post about which you got all moist.

Thereafter, you went plain stupid and called me unintelligent and unfunny.

VN Store

Back