Mose Phillips

preacherwebb

KJV1611
Does anyone know where UT pics of Mose Phillips can be found? I've googled and yahoo'd and still can't find any.
I pulled out my "Storied History of Tennessee Football" CD-ROM with no luck. Been lookin' on and off for a few days now, with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Surely there is something. Mose is a great guy. Let me know if you find anything. Does he still coach at Hillwood? You could always call him.

The play vs S Carolina would have been remembered in the same vein as Johnny Butler's run against Alabama had Tennessee gone on and won that game.... Somewhat ironically, Steve Taneyhill is also a HS coach nowadays.... Are you looking for an actual photgraph or something like out of, say, the media guide or fan pack (distributed at the O&W games).... I bet eBay would be a good place to get something like that.

Mose on that screen pass against Florida................AWESOME!

I saw the title of this thread and smiled. One of the all time true vols. A great pic of the florida screen pass with mose in the rain, in the endzone looking at his wrist was printed in SI the next week. Might try there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mose_Phillips.jpg

He sure has gained some pounds, not to be harsh. Come on Mose start running again. Get on this staff and run thru the T.

He sure has gained some pounds, not to be harsh. Come on Mose start running again. Get on this staff and run thru the T.

Harsh man, harsh, but I was thinking the same thing. He was always a bigger guy, if I recall correctly.

Hurricane Mose! Is was raining so hard that I couldn't see the play start! Just him out of nowhere with the ball! TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!

Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I remember i was watching that game from home and the game went out because of all the rain. It came back on just a play or two before that screen. The TV wasn't completely clear yet. It was still extremely fuzzy

I recall him saying he had an old junker he drove around campus in. People would make fun of him but he was oh so proud of it and it exemplified his game. Not pretty, but it will get you going from A to B.

So was the look on Visor Boy's face. :)

I don't know which one is my all-time favorite. That one, the way he looked when Von Reeves threw a touchdown pass in the 45-3 game, or every time Travis Stephens ran all over his defense in his last game in Gainesville.

It's been several years now, but I do wish he'd have just one really good team at South Carolina and we'd ruin it for him. After all, you can't spell Citrus without SC either, even if they don't call it that anymore.

Yup---in the rain on the artificial turf (shining like a new penny) at Neyland----unforgetable.

Mose knows. My Vols friends and I adapted that phrase after that catch and run. Fun times.

I recall him saying he had an old junker he drove around campus in. People would make fun of him but he was oh so proud of it and it exemplified his game. Not pretty, but it will get you going from A to B.

I remember that too. He said his car was named "Heneeda"

He need a new tires..
He need a new paint job...
He need a.....

Does anyone know where UT pics of Mose Phillips can be found? I've googled and yahoo'd and still can't find any.
I pulled out my "Storied History of Tennessee Football" CD-ROM with no luck. Been lookin' on and off for a few days now, with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anything specific that you're trying to find, or just general action pics?

I have looked absolutely everywhere I can think of. Google Image, News Sentinal, UT Official website, Yahoo image, and every "fan site" I can find. The only phote I can find is the one posted a few replies up.

VolsnVikes, thanks for the suggestion. I will look for that.

I'm doing a little project, and would LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE to find an action shot of Mose on the run against SC or the screen vs FL. But I would be happy with about any action shot.

Also, Al Wilson. Lot's of Bronco's pics, practically nothing UT.

I found a Daryl Dickey photo from the Sugar Bowl, but no Mose Phillips for Heaven's sake.

Again guys, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

VN Store

Back