Bama Cheating

eh, i hate to agree with the Bama fan, but what I gather from reading the rules is that the Rock is technically a violation. it may be a "fan forum" but the rule says that a fan may not have signs that will encourage a recruit to attend the said university. isnt that exactly what the Rock is for? ex: Scroggins=UT championships, V,B.

he has a point. i wonder why nothings been said about it yet.

eh, i hate to agree with the Bama fan, but what I gather from reading the rules is that the Rock is technically a violation. it may be a "fan forum" but the rule says that a fan may not have signs that will encourage a recruit to attend the said university. isnt that exactly what the Rock is for? ex: Scroggins=UT championships, V,B.

he has a point. i wonder why nothings been said about it yet.

Its a freakin rock, not a billboard.

Sign, rock, same thing to a Bama fan. Shoot, they don't care where they spray paint their true love's name. I've seen plenty on some bathroom stall doors I've looked at in my time though.

:eek:lol:

Yeah, I know. I like a water tower or an overpass, more visability.:eek:k:

I guess that is one thing we have in common.

Most logical Bama fans (that's probably an oxymoron) do not dismiss the cheating as nothing, and most are disappointed that it has happened.

The real issue comes from other schools' fans taunting and laughing at Bama's misfortunes. It's comparable to OJ Simpson laughing at Scott Peterson for being convicted of murder. Everyone knows OJ did it. Just like everyone knows that every school cheats - its just that not every school gets busted. Just remeber OJ got his in the end, and so too will other schools.

This rumor, whether true or not, isnt worth anybody getting the underbritches in a wad over. Who cares where the kid took the class. If the NCAA has an issue with it, they will not hesitate to deny him via the clearinghouse.

Most Bama fans are only disappointed they got caught.

Read a Bama board. The last time they got caught, Bama fans LITERALLY blamed UT, Fulmer, the NCAA, the FBI, and some even claimed Congress was involved. Disappointed? I think 'delusional' about their innocence is a closer description.

Per NCAA--
If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of a university's athletics have any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, My Space, Facebook, e-mail, at the university contest, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there could be serious consequences, including the prospect possibly becoming ineligible at that university. It is impermissible for any University to publicize the visit of a prospective student-athlete, this includes but is not limited to, signs encouraging the prospect to attend that said university and chanting the name of the recruit.

Technically we (UT) have violated this rule. That being said, the rule has that "feel good" quality about it, but unfortunately it's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to enforce.

For my $.02, and I have stated this before; I WANT TO BEAT OUR RIVALS FAIR AND SQUARE... I do not want them on probation.

I'm tired of everytime Bama, Florida or insert school name here possibly commits some obscure rule violation somebody feels the need to run tattle about it on a message board or blow it out of proportion in the media (i.e. secondary violations at UT). I get no great pleasure from our rivals getting in trouble and getting to run around saying nana nana boo boo, you big fat cheater... I let that type of behavior go shortly after leaving grade school...

Let's assume Lacy had signed with UT and then traveled 40 miles to summer school and at a HS that Coach O had a "history" or "connections" with and received an A. What if tncrimsonman came on VN calling out UT for cheating with no evidence of wrongdoing. What say you then Vol fans? Would you assume the worst about UT like you did about Bama?

I expect some responses to the effect that Bama cheated in the past.... Saban is a cheater... blah blah blah. I'm not looking to trade jabs with you guys, but rather to get you to think about trying to show the same respect to other programs that you would like for fans of other programs to show to UT.

For example, Vol fans don't like it when the media and rival fans want to scrutinize and twist everything CLK says because of a few careless remarks he probably should not have made in the early going after coming to UT. You feel it's not fair for CLK and UT to be criticized for giving Daniel Hood a second chance. You feel that it's not fair for CLK or UT to be painted by the media as being somewhat "renegade" with CLK at the helm or to be viewed in that light. You're right. None of that is fair.

But is it any more fair for Bama to be forever branded as a cheating program because of a couple of past mortal sins? Maybe think twice before being so quick to judge and lash out at Bama as cheaters, or UF as a team of thugs, etc.

I know tncrimsonman doesn't behave like he should on VN. So don't get me wrong. I'm not taking sides with him or defending him, nor am I trying to criticise any UT fans as being any worse than Bama's or any other team's fanbase.

Just providing a little food for thought. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Let's assume Lacy had signed with UT and then traveled 40 miles to summer school and at a HS that Coach O had a "history" or "connections" with and received an A. What if tncrimsonman came on VN calling out UT for cheating with no evidence of wrongdoing. What say you then Vol fans? Would you assume the worst about UT like you did about Bama?

I expect some responses to the effect that Bama cheated in the past.... Saban is a cheater... blah blah blah. I'm not looking to trade jabs with you guys, but rather to get you to think about trying to show the same respect to other programs that you would like for fans of other programs to show to UT.

For example, Vol fans don't like it when the media and rival fans want to scrutinize and twist everything CLK says because of a few careless remarks he probably should not have made in the early going after coming to UT. You feel it's not fair for CLK and UT to be criticized for giving Daniel Hood a second chance. You feel that it's not fair for CLK or UT to be painted by the media as being somewhat "renegade" with CLK at the helm or to be viewed in that light. You're right. None of that is fair.

But is it any more fair for Bama to be forever branded as a cheating program because of a couple of past mortal sins? Maybe think twice before being so quick to judge and lash out at Bama as cheaters, or UF as a team of thugs, etc.

I know tncrimsonman doesn't behave like he should on VN. So don't get me wrong. I'm not taking sides with him or defending him, nor am I trying to criticise any UT fans as being any worse than Bama's or any other team's fanbase.

Just providing a little food for thought. Thanks for listening.

A couple of past mortal sins? With all due respect and you do not seem like the average bammer...but.. Buying players escalades..textbooks..the Andre sports agent issue...etc..for a school that has been busted for so many issues you would thing that the school would do a little better reporting and trying to run a clean program than they have. But it is still amusing to listen to the bammers in denial..help us at VN get a great laugh in every now and then.

Cheating at Bammer didn't happen until their uniform colors became Crimson and White!

The colors make them do it.:eek:lol:

My point behind it, the rock or any violation, is not to say UT is doing something wrong and should be punished. My point is that their is a minor violation of the rules here and I could easily go to rival sights and post it their and the next thing you know UT has broken every major violation because some fan blew it out of proportion. The thing is some rules the NCAA enforces I really don't understand and some fans make a bigger deal out of something that has no merit or they are assuming something without proper info. Just like the thread is titled automatically makes anyone who comes to read to asume it is true, but still some poster who thinks they know everything about the situation post it on rivals because they don't like UA and now everyone believes it. Just like with Kiffin now, anything he does to get a recruit is a violation according to some rival fans.

A couple of past mortal sins? With all due respect and you do not seem like the average bammer...but.. Buying players escalades..textbooks..the Andre sports agent issue...etc..for a school that has been busted for so many issues you would thing that the school would do a little better reporting and trying to run a clean program than they have. But it is still amusing to listen to the bammers in denial..help us at VN get a great laugh in every now and then.

Yes but that was all with past coaches and the program is correcting the issue with the hiring of Saban and his staff. He ran a clean program at LSU and is now at UA. The textbooks started before he got there and the majority of the athletes in trouble were not football players, they contributed to about 2% of the violators, not to mention that the school didn't buy them books the athletes were buying the books for non athletes. A Smith issue was very simple and correctly handled by the school. He was dismissed from playing and so no violation by the program was commited.

Yes the program has made some stupid mistakes in the past but to many rival fans act like bitter divorced women and thank that every coach will be like the past ones and already carry a chip on their shoulder against them.

Yes but that was all with past coaches and the program is correcting the issue with the hiring of Saban and his staff. He ran a clean program at LSU and is now at UA. The textbooks started before he got there and the majority of the athletes in trouble were not football players, they contributed to about 2% of the violators, not to mention that the school didn't buy them books the athletes were buying the books for non athletes. A Smith issue was very simple and correctly handled by the school. He was dismissed from playing and so no violation by the program was commited.

Yes the program has made some stupid mistakes in the past but to many rival fans act like bitter divorced women and thank that every coach will be like the past ones and already carry a chip on their shoulder against them.

The idiotic fan and booster bases are the problem. Did you trade them in?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Jesse Scroggins, decommit from USC and come play at UT

now admittedly this is not quite the same thing as the rock, though this is a public forum and is visible to anyone and everyone who comes across it...should ut get in trouble for this post as well? no, just like a bama fan wouldn't or a florida fan or anyone else...if the ncaa want to make the rock a big deal then they'd have done it already we aren't denying or hiding from the fact that fans paint the rock, in fact there is a link to it on the utk website...if the ncaa were to make this a violation then i would say stop the painting that targets recruits immediately, though that does not seem likely

Mortal sins I was referring to = "biggies" like the Albert Means debacle. That was a very long time ago.

Please name the players that received Escalades (or any other vehicles) to sign with Bama and provide a link to some supporting evidence. Unless you do, you are simply echoing BS rumors fabricated by liars. BTW, Bama has thoroughly investigated those fabricated rumors and determined that is all they are.

Bama's poor oversight of scholarship textbook distribution was incredibly stupid, but it hardly constitutes cheating. Bama self-reported the problem to the NCAA and agressively dealt with the matter. If you think Bama "cheated" regarding textbook distribution to athletes in some way that aided recruiting or on-field competition then you (1) don't know the facts of the matter and (2) are drawing illogical conclusions.

Bama found out that Andre Smith had improper dealings with an agent during the time between the SEC CG game and the Sugar Bowl. Bama promptly suspended Smith from the team and self-reported it to the SEC and NCAA. That's cheating?

Your prejudice that Bama is a cheating program is at least as biased and hypocritical as the prejudice that UT under CLK is a "renegade" program. So, if you want to talk that way about Bama, then don't complain when folks talk that way about UT.

Last edited:
Mortal sins I was referring to = "biggies" like the Albert Means debacle. That was a very long time ago.

Please name the players that received Escalades (or any other vehicles) to sign with Bama and provide a link to some supporting evidence. Unless you do, you are simply echoing BS rumors fabricated by liars. BTW, Bama has thoroughly investigated those fabricated rumors and determined that is all they are.

Bama's poor oversight of scholarship textbook distribution was incredibly stupid, but it hardly constitutes cheating. Bama self-reported the problem to the NCAA and agressively dealt with the matter. If you think Bama "cheated" regarding textbook distribution to athletes in some way that aided recruiting or on-field cometition then you (1) don't know the facts of the matter and (2) are drawing illogical conclusions.

Bama found out that Andre Smith had improper dealings with an agent during the time between the SEC CG game and the Sugar Bowl. Bama promptly suspended Smith from the team and self-reported it to the SEC and NCAA. That's cheating?

Your prejudice that Bama is a cheating program are at least as biased and hypocritical as the prejudice that UT under CLK is a "renegade" program. So, if you want to talk that way about Bama, then don't complain when folks talk that way about UT.

Your avatar does a lot to heal the prejudice and bias. Post often.

VN Store

Back