Recruiting Football Talk VII

I have never seen this before in my entire life! SC batter hits it over the wall with 2 men on base. 3-0 SC, right? No, batter is called out because he passed his teammate still standing on first base while admiring his HR. So, score is 2-0 SC vs. KY. Really dumb.

Looks like SC players have been studying up on Misery baserunning strategy from our weekend series. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joe is not nearly physical enough to play TE. I can’t imagine him trying to block.
Lack of physicality is not even the biggest reason why he can't play TE. His spacial awareness and lateral movement is atrocious. He is fast galloping like a gazelle in a straight line. You can't play TE by only moving on straight lines. He can't play TE in the NFL, like at all.

Reactions: Devo182
I have never seen this before in my entire life! SC batter hits it over the wall with 2 men on base. 3-0 SC, right? No, batter is called out because he passed his teammate still standing on first base while admiring his HR. So, score is 2-0 SC vs. KY. Really dumb.

Looks like SC players have been studying up on Misery baserunning strategy from our weekend series. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sounds to me like the batter needs to whip the ass of his idiot teammate that hadn't moved off first base. However, the batter also should have known he can't pass him on the bases.

Here's a question... For 2024 only... If you had to choose between:

Mathews and Staley

Or

Webb and Nimrod

Who we taking? Honestly kind of surprised both those guys are still here. Even though I respect it.
Matthews and Staley. No disrespect to Webb and Nimrod. But Matthews and Staley are special talents imo.

I understand thinking Dooley is the worst, but thinking that Jeremy Pruitt isn’t even close is insane lol
As a hire? Not close. At all.

As a HC, maybe he's somewhere in the realm...but still not close. I get Ga St will be brought up, but actual volume over 3 full seasons, it isn't close.

Where it matters most: Pruitt won a sad 38% of conference games. Dooley won less than half of that...17%!!! 😅🤣 Worse yet he got so much worse after Y1.

He was 1-14 in his final 2 seasons!!! How is that even possible??

Edit: fwiw Butch won 35% of conference games. Hype is at 58% so far...early on, same as Johnny. Tougher SEC and about to get even tougher, where making the playoff trumps all.

Fulmer was 72%. Neyland...86% 😳

I saw that a lot in 5-6 t-ball.

Lack of physicality is not even the biggest reason why he can't play TE. His spacial awareness and lateral movement is atrocious. He is fast galloping like a gazelle in a straight line. You can't play TE by only moving on straight lines. He can't play TE in the NFL, like at all.
Yeah I don't get that idea whatsoever. He lacks most every quality of a TE.

Hope he can lock-in and become a suitable journeyman in the NFL. He could even be one of those poor journeymen like Kirk Cousins and end up making more than Tom Brady himself 😅

Reactions: therickbol
View attachment 637429

That tweet made me just search vitello’s name on Twitter just to see what is being said.

Perception of Tennessee baseball as a program is still that of having bottom tier facilities and resources. I’ve seen Miss St, Ole Miss and ironically Arkansas fans (when DVH retires) clamoring to hire him.

Miss St fans can’t fathom him saying no, the only fans that say no is simply because they don’t want him due to his antics.

Ole Miss fans are split. Some say he’ll never leave Tennessee, others say he’s waiting for the “big SEC job” like them to get out.

Arkansas fans are utterly convinced he’s waiting to take the Arkansas job when DVH retires. Essentially believing he’s a HC in waiting there while coaching another program.

I also posted this in the baseball forum but I think it’s funny enough to share here too. I famously thought LSU could lure him away in 2021, but now that he’s essentially gotten a blank check to do whatever he wants here, while simultaneously being a king in Knoxville with an established top 10 program.. I see no reason why he’d ever leave.

Not to mention he doesn’t have an agent. Unusual in this day and age, but true. Guys who don’t have agents typically have no plans on relocating any time soon.

Tony Vols loves Knoxville. The program, stadium(next year), facilities are his doing. Italians are very loyal. He is going nowhere

Sounds to me like the batter needs to whip the ass of his idiot teammate that hadn't moved off first base. However, the batter also should have known he can't pass him on the bases.
Yup even most kids know this rule (which is a much bigger deal in LL where some kids drift off on the bases and forget to run ahead of the batter).

I've had offers to go back. If I wasn't married I would be in Idaho, Eastern Washington, Montana or New Zealand. My wife, unfortunately, listens to the siren-song of Alabama.

Her parents are old though. She's been open to the idea of doing something when they're gone.
How'd you convince your wife not to marry her brother?

Or are you her brother?

Guy on first was tagging up in case the ball was caught at the wall. Of course, the batter had your reaction; "what are you doing?" he said.

Hardly matters now, SC up on KY 9-0 now, B6.
Oops, now 10-0. KY getting hammered.

As a hire? Not close. At all.

As a HC, maybe he's somewhere in the realm...but still not close. I get Ga St will be brought up, but actual volume over 3 full seasons, it isn't close.

Where it matters most: Pruitt won a sad 38% of conference games. Dooley won less than half of that...17%!!! 😅🤣 Worse yet he got so much worse after Y1.

He was 1-14 in his final 2 seasons!!! How is that even possible??

Edit: fwiw Butch won 35% of conference games. Hype is at 58% so far...early on, same as Johnny. Tougher SEC and about to get even tougher, where making the playoff trumps all.

Fulmer was 72%. Neyland...86% 😳
No. Pruitt vacated all of those wins but 2 because he was arguably the least intelligent coach in college football history. Borderline retarded, probably due to inbreeding.

After the NCAA dust settled, his final conference record at UT was 2-16, 11%.

Getting us into trouble carries a lot of weight. Pruitt, all things considered, was the worst. And it’s somewhat close with Dooley second, but not thaaat close.

Appreciate the fire and confidence, but fourth round was the earliest I expected and pretty much par for the course for talented running backs these days.
When did RBs become an afterthought? When I started watching there were players like Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, etc. that got all the attention.

VN Store

Back