2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to keep digging the rabbit hole but how much of that was just aging up/minutes in the floor vs actually development.

I feel Sara could’ve been an all conference player last year at her trajectory. But. Did she improve? Yes! But was that bc she just played a lot?
Sara had a massive sophomore slump and was prone to catastrophic mistakes. She got better in all phases, particularly defensively, this season. If you can't see that, well then we shall just have to agree to disagree.

Funny how this is the stance when it relates to Coach Caldwell, why can't the previous staff get credit for laying the foundation and the new staff get credit for sealing the deal. Kellie can't take credit for the 4 consecutive 1st round picks because 3 were recruited by Hollie and one was ready made according to some by Vic, but Coach Caldwell can take credit for Jewell deciding to stay as well as others, and if she lands any of the players Coach Sam and Kellie have already built relationships with.

Both Kellie and Kim can get credit should any recruit previously recruited under the old regime decide to come here.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Can we assign partial credit where due? 33% relationship building, 33% sealing the deal and 33% Lady Vol “iconic (WC)” program? 😉

I get that, I really do. But considering Kellie just endured the loss of a major life dream and is, I think we can all assume, appropriately devastated for herself and her entire family, it might be kinder to avoid throwing gas on her already burning life. 😢

You know how when people break up with each other, how sometimes the one who got dumped can't help but go see what the one they still love is up to? What if loved ones of the Harpers are checking out boards and Instas and such, as awful as that would be? What if smart little Jackson stumbles across the comments we're making?

I don't know. But it seems to me to be risky and cruel to unnecessarily point out every flaw that a person who is particularly vulnerable and hurt has. Maybe in a few months, maybe?

She's gone now. She's beyond devastated. Why pile on right now?

I think we can all agree Kim Caldwell is making some great moves, and it's as exciting as anything that has gone on in Knoxville in women's sports in a long time. I'm stoked!

I feel like we're just going to keep hearing more and better news as the next days and weeks pass. Go Lady Vols!

My intention is not to pile on, but I will defend the new staff from posters who continually post subtle shade or subtly indicate that Harper should not have been terminated.

I held my tongue really well during the season for the most part. I lost it in a couple game threads, but I am beyond thrilled we are going a new direction. Said it from the beginning of the season last year, but Harper just wasn’t putting a good product on the floor. It wasn’t fun to watch, a lot like Holly’s last few seasons. We had some really nice individual performers but we did not see much really quality, team basketball.

I admire your tender spirit and have always enjoyed you on this board. We may not be in total alignment at the moment but I certainly don’t think less of you for holding different opinions. I do apologize if my posts are triggering, but I’m just really over people defending what was, by nearly all accounts, a mediocre product that produced mediocre results.

Kinda like people continuing to say “4 wnba draft picks in 4 years.” Yeah, and the previous staff didn’t recruit 3 of those players and due to other failures had to rely HEAVILY on them. That elevated their profile and helped them get to the W but it didn’t bring Tennessee back into the national conversation. We’ve been mostly an afterthought for 12 years now.

Sweet 16 this, sweet 16 that, we should be a program where a sweet 16 is the bare minimum every year. We have the culture, resources and history at Tennessee to be that good. Glad to see us making decision to hopefully get us back to that position.

This one a little surprising as she only has one season to play. Has not been that outstanding in the three she has played.

We’re gonna need a player or two who can defend and doesn’t need to start. I think she’d be a good fit where there are a few other players who would likely want a bigger role than we will need for them.

Our bench needs to get deeper on defense for certain. We were deep last season at all, but the bench did bring some good offensive production at times. Mostly our bench was a huge liability defensively though. We need players who can come in and help us maintain a lead and prevent our opponent from going on big runs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This thread, and this forum in general, seems to be like 85% arguing, 10% actual civil discussion and analysis, and 5% sharing and commenting on news/developments.

Y'all really gotta go to therapy or something lol
That would describe almost every thread on this site at one time or another. Always a few lines of disagreement and arguments.

What’s crazy is from the 10 or so portal rankings I’ve looked thru she never appeared on them… unless I’m blind

Gonna add her to portal tracker. She is def a top 10 post

That is why I ignore ranking cause they always make it all Power five players and some that really haven't done that much at previous schools. There are a few just a few super mid major players out there that they just ignore.

I like the two inside players that are visiting because they have a lot of eligibility left and played decent basketball thus far in their careers. Both Rogers and the two point guards are seniors next year. If I took anyone of them it would be Rogers she has great three point numbers and rebounds well. The other two scholarships need to be underclassmen as well. Four plus three would be seven and 2025 needs to be four gets you to eleven. A couple leave down to nine go in portal get four or five again.

I like the two inside players that are visiting because they have a lot of eligibility left and played decent basketball thus far in their careers. Both Rogers and the two point guards are seniors next year. If I took any one of them it would be Rogers she has great three point numbers and rebounds well. The other two scholarships need to be underclassmen as well. Four plus three would be seven and 2025 needs to be four gets you to eleven. A couple leave down to nine go in portal get four or five again.
It seems King is a real possibility. She would be a 5th yr senior. Would we take two 5th yr seniors and fill in the rest with underclassmen? That would leave us with 6 coming back plus Edie in year 2.

Rickea was also doing that, but they were high school teammates at Detroit Edison. I think Ruby was a freshman when Rickea was winning yet another Miss Basketball and player of the year awards.
Yes Rickea did it after this season, I wish she would have done more recruiting while she was here.

The beginning of the season I predicted on here that we would be one and done in the tournament, unless we got some legendary performances from Rickea to carry us to a Championship. Coaching matters but I put most of it on the roster, I’ll take a stacked roster and take my chances with a coach.
There’s the Ol circular chicken or egg. Winning will bring higher tier recruits. Ya need Jimelas and Jolenes. To get to the winning, and the desired roster, we need a coach that creates the synergism to overcome a less than top tier roster.

Last edited:
That is why I ignore ranking cause they always make it all Power five players and some that really haven't done that much at previous schools. There are a few just a few super mid major players out there that they just ignore.
That’s why I’m including anyone who transfers or visits a P5 to my tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back