Any news or rumors about the staff?

Right. They're not Jolette Law. But on the other hand it's not going to be a full We Are Marshall staff, which is what I was worried about. IMO hiring this level of SEC experience and contacts is very encouraging.

What you mean they are not Jolette Law? What makes her special? Dawn Staley? The poster was talking about Cody Essence wasn’t elite. Why compare these young and successful assistant coaches to the assistant at SC? Just seems like a way to try to diminishes their track record of success since they are supposedly heading to Rocky Top according to some reports. It does not. Makes no sense at all.

Does Bamer or Miss St have any players that the LV could poach from those schools. I doubt Marshall has any players that could play even with UT's roster of role players other than the Spears and the new players?

What? The poster was talking about Cody Essence wasn’t elite. You are talking comparing these young and successful assistant coaches to the assistant SC like it diminishes their track record of success. It does not. Makes no sense at all.
The Jolette Law ref was a joke from an exchange earlier this morning about the value of experience in recruiting.. No one is comparing them negatively. I'm just overjoyed, as I said, that we have actual SEC level coaches in the mix. Brings much weight.

Makes no sense bc you're reading comp is lagging. The Jolette Law comment was a joke made earlier to a poster who seemed to indicate connections and experience recruiting the SEC was a bad thing bc our now departed staff was very experienced yet bad. Way before news of the new hires came out. Try to keep up.

AHDWH!

The Jolette Law ref was a joke from an exchange earlier this morning about the value of experience in recruiting.. No one is comparing them negatively. I'm just overjoyed, as I said, that we have actual SEC level coaches in the mix. Brings much weight.
Jolett law is not who we need again

Reactions: VolFuture
Nobody understands jokes anymore. All serious, all the time.

I'm just super happy they are coaches very familiar with the SEC and SEC recruiting. That makes me feel a million times better. Now someone line up some visits this week.
This! I felt like we were floating on this island of disconnect but my initial relief with these hires is huge! Some people who have been to the big kids table 🎉 experience matters!

Reactions: vols90 and glv98
I have so many thoughts on our fearless leader, Danny White 🙃
Now you have done it! Get ready the flying monkeys are on their way. My favorite part is when you stand toe to toe with them, which they absolutely can not stand a woman to do, you will get all sorts of gifs of ugly women, fat women, ugly fat women, women with horrible hair, women screeching and the ultimate insult…. You are just like their ex-wife. I still don’t understand why they think those gifs are going to send a grown woman from the room in tears but okay. The existence of an ex-wife makes sense given their previous posts.
Signed,
The Bitter Lady

Reactions: brittannica
DW not having a big time coach in the wings before he hired Kellie was incompetence at its finest. We got turned down by every big time coach that he interviewed which is why we are stuck with Caldwell.

They didn’t get turned down by coaches they did not even consider.

And what big time coach is there outside of Staley, Mulkey, and Geno?
What part of this you are not processing?

It is okay to have an issue with the hire but you are in the minority. That’s still your right. However, making stuff up about the coaching search and posting rumors without any credible sources is just ridiculous.

Reactions: dazzleme
They didn’t get turned down by coaches they did not even consider.

And what big time coach is there outside of Staley, Mulkey, and Geno?
What part of this you are not processing?

It is okay to have an issue with the hire. That’s your right. But making stuff up is just ridiculous.

Let me put it this way: the people they interviewed or were interested in and turned down interviews were much more big time than Caldwell with much more D1 success or coaching experience. Walz, Rueck, Gottlieb, Wes Moore, Cori Close. Even Kara would've been a better hire, most likely, but she turned down an interview.

The fact that you only think there are three big time coaches in WBB doesn't mean I'm making stuff up. 🤡 But thanks for the lecture, person that's been here for three weeks.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne

VN Store

Back