Tennessee Lady Vol News

Working her butt off. I do not remember this much press when Kellie took over? Danny making sure people know who she is and what she’s all about.

He has to. She is an unknown and was not a well-received hire who has admitted that recruiting is her weakness. Kellie was well known and needed no introduction.

At some point though she needs to secure a really good player from the portal. Parading her in front of everyone will only work for so long. The portal will not be open forever and the good players will disappear quickly.

He has to. She is an unknown and was not a well-received hire who has admitted that recruiting is her weakness. Kellie was well known and needed no introduction.

At some point though she needs to secure a really good player from the portal. Parading her in front of everyone will only work for so long. The portal will not be open forever and the good players will disappear quickly.

Yap yap yap yap yap

Yap yap yap yap yap
giphy.gif

What hire wasn’t well received? Coach Caldwell? If you believe that you’re living in a box. It’s one thing to disagree but completely making up a false perception that this decision hasn’t been supported by the majority of the fanbase is just ridiculous.

The majority of the fan base expected a seasoned D1 coach. She isn't - thus the buildup that is happening. Most did not have a clue as to who she was.

Everyone knew who Kellie was.

The majority of the fan base expected a seasoned D1 coach. She isn't - thus the buildup that is happening. Most did not have a clue as to who she was.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what you said. The hire was/is well received after seeing her system and people have seen/heard her for a week. They would have done this with any new coach except a few which have been coaching over 20 years. Any other seasoned coach would have come with the same level of scrutiny even having coached at this level.
So again, the majority of the fanbase has shown support for Coach Caldwell.

That’s what I wanted, sure, but I live in reality and this is the reality. She is not a bad hire, I have heard nothing but positives from players and people who have worked with her in the past.

Everything she’s done in the last week has been positive and has been met with enthusiasm in Knoxville.

Removed the hateful bit at the end here.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Coach Kim Caldwell is the most intriguing basketball hire on any level in years.

Nobody can predict her first year one way or the other.

No one can deny that her resume and persona at UT will be one of biggest storylines of WBB.

In just a week, Coach Caldwell has been interviewed on SEC Network, Local Radio, Podcast, etc. while garnering social media exposure interactions with 800k+views with several other posts ranging from 300k+views to 100k+ and counting.

The key for her is being herself and representing Tennessee as an iconic basketball program where her goals as the HC are among others to prepare players for the WNBA, prepare players for life after basketball, implement the modern style of basketball(her system) and compete for national championships.

That’s what I wanted, sure, but I live in reality and this is the reality. She is not a bad hire, I have heard nothing but positives from players and people who have worked with her in the past.

Everything she’s done in the last week has been positive and has been met with enthusiasm in Knoxville.

The only discord I see around her hiring at all are 4-5 posters on here with their panties in a twist because we didn’t hire Holly’s next girlfriend.
Seems a little salty for you.

We all have to deal with disappointment when we allow our egos to judge success of decisions by more informed folks actually in charge of the task.

But i don’t see a MAJORITY of honest to goodness Lady Vol fans sharing bad vibes. Sure, we have our share of THOSE FANS, and they tend to skew the public impression with their redundant repackaging of their version of brilliance, and want to justify the lack of loyalty and character employed, but most will accept the realities that DW is very good at what he does and let it play out.

I’m so glad Sam is there. I hope Kellie was feeling up to going, too, because I know Rickea loves them and would be thrilled to share this big moment in her life with these women who had such a positive influence on her.

Remember how well Kellie handled Rickea’s early attitude problems? We all knew it was a rough period for them, but it turned out to be the beginning of a life-changing growth event for RJ and, I’m sure, her teammates as they all learned more about each other and Kellie and what it means to be a great teammate.

Kellie did a LOT for Rickea, and I hope she is there tonight as a friend for life. Hell as an LVFL ‘cause that’s what they both are now and will be forever. 🧡

I’m so glad Sam is there. I hope Kellie was feeling up to going, too, because I know Rickea loves them and would be thrilled to share this big moment in her life with these women who had such a positive influence on her.

Remember how well Kellie handled Rickea’s early attitude problems? We all knew it was a rough period for them, but it turned out to be the beginning of a life-changing growth event for RJ and, I’m sure, her teammates as they all learned more about each other and Kellie and what it means to be a great teammate.

Kellie did a LOT for Rickea, and I hope she is there tonight as a friend for life. Hell as an LVFL ‘cause that’s what they both are now and will be forever. 🧡
Rickea never had an attitude problem, everyone is different and that’s ok.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back