• 3. Not Sure Yet

Votes: 260 33.8%
  • 4. Displeased

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • 5. Very Displeased

Votes: 28 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im excited. She has done nothing but win. Give her the budget at UT and she can probably recruit some great talent. She knows offense and she knows winning. Clean house and get us some athletes that can press and run the way she likes and you will see some exciting basketball.

I’m in the pleased boat. We have a national championship winning coach. I don’t care what division it was in, you don’t just luck into back to back Final Fours and taking home the trophy in one of those. She turned a bad D-1 program into a winner in Year 1. She already has 12 combined conference championships (if you include tournaments also) to her name in only 8 years of being a head coach. The woman knows how to win and that is what we need. I would have been in the very pleased if we reeled in a D-1 championship coach. That’s the only way it would be a better hire imo.

First of all, it's sell not sale. Secondly we were high school coaches in Indiana and we do have a clue about iconic programs. What makes you think this coach can recruit at a high level?

Oh, a high school coach, why didn’t you say so DW should have came to you for advice. And like I said you don’t have a clue what is going to happen, so stop trying to act like you are much smarter than everyone else. I don’t know if she can recruit at this level, but you sure don’t know that she can’t. But please “sell” your tickets don’t think you will be missed.

Underwhelmed. Wondering who else was interviewed. We heard of no one else so I don’t know what to think of it. It’s not the worst result but I certainly thought we had the ability to go grab a known top flight coach. How is she going to meet the recruiting needs that a final four program needs to compete? Hope she understands what’s expected of her and has a plan for how to achieve that. I’m not confident she can but we’ll see.

EDIT: I’m warming up to it. Just recruit the best of the best and win big.

Last edited:
Well, here we are!
Kellie deserved at least one more season with increased NIL and decreased injuries. I will always wish her much success and appreciate everything she did for UT as a player and coach.

We have a new coach now and I will be 100% behind her. I hope she values and takes care of our current Lady Vol’s as they are a great group of young women. She will definitely need help recruiting at this level so I hope she retains Sam and Joy and I hope the reports of increased NIL are correct.

I know Coach Caldwell will give lip service to honoring Pat and the Lady Vol traditions and legacy. She really needs to understand our history and make sure the LVFLs are still active participants in the program. The support of Tamika, Candace, Draya, Jordan and even Rickea could really help her in the short and long term.

We as LV fans need to welcome our new coach and continue to support our program with dollars and attendance. I know I will do my best to get up to Knoxville for a couple of games this year.

Finally I will eagerly await the day when DW is no longer our AD.

You can only be pleased with this hire if everything pleases you. It's obviously a very unconventional and risky hire--there can be no disputing that. She has one year of mid-major experience. That's it. Mid-major, not major. Her Div. II record is mostly meaningless. I've checked: there are a lot of Div. II coaches with equally gaudy or better records. It's a major reach.

With what she has been left with it will be a miracle if she does make the tournament. And I’m sure you will blame her.
Nah, I don’t think anyone would blame a coach getting paid three times what they were making taking this job. Doubt anyone would blame her for it going south….

I'm guessing she'll try to hire either Sam or Joy -- or both. She needs someone wiho has at least minimal relationships with a lot of major high school recruits and portal players.
What were their salaries per year here? Anyone know?

It won’t be her fault, it’s the fault of the person that hired her, she already told us she can’t recruit.

so if they don’t make the tournament next year it will be Danny White’s fault?? Not the terrible roster that was left?😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back