Coach Kellie Harper fired

Okay, I will make a serious prediction.

Who is still coaching in the tournament with Tennessee ties. strong recruiting credentials, championship pedigree, and for whom this job would be a huge step-up and would keep on the key current players and recruits in place
Jolette Law. The next LV head coach.

It is actually the only move that makes sense
NO

Cocky and classless. Team looks like they are looking for the skateboarder park which is okay for a skateboarder but not a team from a major university. Team taunts opponents and throws middle finger to opponent’s fans. That little exploit made ESPN.
Tell me you don't follow the Baseball team (outside of ESPN and media talking heads) without telling me you don't follow the Baseball team, or college baseball at all apparently. All of which is honestly fine. And you might be able to find real examples of DW not being a good AD, I don't know. But using the Baseball team as you are is just wrong. We have some of the best men that represent UT on that team and MANY that PS would be proud of in their outreach, how the represent themselves and the school, their class, and how they handle themselves as young men and members of society.

Jolette Law.
I actually think she would be a great hire. You asked another poster about where they get the information that staff changes were required and that KJH was not open to make those changes. In the DW statment I read he said they discussed a path to her staying that included staff changes and she was not open to the idea

Reactions: madtownvol
Okay, I will make a serious prediction.

Who is still coaching in the tournament with Tennessee ties. strong recruiting credentials, championship pedigree, and for whom this job would be a huge step-up and would keep on the key current players and recruits in place
Jolette Law. The next LV head coach.

It is actually the only move that makes sense
Some people are good at the job given to them. Outstanding recruiter but hasn’t been a HC for a reason in a long time.

I actually think she would be a great hire. You asked another poster about where they get the information that staff changes were required and that KJH was not open to make those changes. In the DW statment I read he said they discussed a path to her staying that included staff changes and she was not open to the idea
If that is true, I am a little disappointed in Kellie. Love may be blind but it was pretty clear she was just a really good offensive minded assistant from being successful. Almost tragic if true...

EDIT -- and the report was in fact not true....

Last edited:
Well ****, I must’ve missed that article. Everything is going so fast, my head is spinning trying to keep up! 😂

Reactions: Ratvol
Truly disappointed with this decision. Kellie deserved at least one more year. She is a class act and brought in a team of exemplary student athletes. I never worried about how Kellie, her staff or the team would represent my alma mater.

DW has shown himself to be weak and subject to which way the wind blows. He brought in a baseball coach that is an embarrassment to the university. That program is now known for vulgarity, poor sportsmanship and generally being a bunch of punks. I am tremendously concerned that the tradition Pat established of a national contender AND a class program is headed for the ash heap.

Just very sorry for a good person, good coach who has been treated unfairly by someone who isn’t even a member of the UT family.

I will continue to support the Lady Vols through thick and thin. I will hope for a new coach we can be proud of but now have significant doubts about DW’s judgment. A very sad day for UT WBB.
Holy..... wow. TV wins and has turned what was a dead atmosphere into a program competing for championships yearly. All of college baseball respects Tennessee. So what they cuss so does most of the modern world. JH cusses too, RB ..... Hell I would venture to say the rowing coach cusses. No they are not unsportsman like in anyway. Umpires just dont like to be questioned. It's baseball. Kelly wasn't very good at coaching and wish her the best

She will be gone, but everyone on here says it doesn’t matter.

People can't have it both ways. They either want the coaching change, or they wanted to keep the recruiting and the currently engaged recruits. Can't have both. Especially for those who have been arguing for the change, there's no room for them to lose their nerve now. It's all or nothing.

Reactions: MocVol
I hope a new coach is NOT announced this week. That could possibly mean that Dawn Staley or Wes Moore are in play for the position (because their teams are still in play, literally.)

I have not always been a DS fan. But I have recently seen her interact with fans at the Men's SC basketball games and they love her. She is obviously a winner. She and the SC AD are NOT big buddies to say the least. It would take some $$ to get her (somewhere north of $4M I guess (??), but that's the decision to be made for having a women's program of significance again. The problem with this big $$ is always that your other sports' coaches are impacted by that, and by the fact that women's programs are almost always a losing financial proposition (as it is even at SC.)

As for Wes, I had heard before that he was not interested in the LV position last time, but I also heard from a friend (that PROBABLY would know) this past week that he was very interested last time, so I'm not certain what to think on that. But he also is a very successful coach. I watched many of his games at UTC. And he's a great guy.

I wish we would make one or both of them tell us NO, but I really wish one of them would say YES!

Reactions: VolBall09
She will be gone, but everyone on here says it doesn’t matter.
Do you think Fulmer should’ve kept Holly because Jordan Horston was waiting in the wings?

If Nyla was on next years roster, then you (maybe) you consider being Kellie back. I think we’ll be fine. And if we’re not, I’ll circle back and say you you’re right.

While I’d hate to lose her, I really think we’ll be fine.

Reactions: spojo13 and Ratvol
Anything less than a proven coaches with D1 experience and accomplishments will be a disappointment to me.
Same. Can't see doing this without a clear upgrade already in the wings.

One thing that bothers me about hiring an assistant or mid major, they are unlikely to have quality roster to bring with them. Think Jolette could talk a few into coming with?

So the first thing that happens with that new coach is they better pull a miracle out of the portal or their first season is extemely problematic with the improved league and our current roster. Just not a plate to hand a newbie head coach.

Somehow I don't think people are celebrating this vacency only to be patient.

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back