Recruiting Football Talk VII

Imagine having a friend like this. We were discussing the greatest college basketball players of all time.

Friend- You know I was thinking about who the GOAT of college basketball was the other day.

Me- Let me guess, Caitlyn Clark or Pete Maravich?

Friend- Maravich is the GOAT

Me- Have you ever looked at Kareem’s college career?

Friend- Yeah it was good but not close to Maravich.

Good grief. I never knew he was that stupid.

Imagine having a friend like this. We were discussing the greatest college basketball players of all time.

Friend- You know I was thinking about who the GOAT of college basketball was the other day.

Me- Let me guess, Caitlyn Clark or Pete Maravich?

Friend- Maravich is the GOAT

Me- Have you ever looked at Kareem’s college career?

Friend- Yeah it was good but not close to Maravich.

Good grief. I never knew he was that stupid.
Kareem didn't have a college career. But that Lew Alcindor kid, he was really good in college.

You beat me to it. I like to call him Ferdinand, his real first name.
75903b1d-e6b6-4e0d-ab39-9f703e2f81a7_text.gif

tumblr_inline_ph79mhulZe1ss6hjj_400.gifv

Looking at the schedule, recounting the year. We are very streaky. Besides the neutral/away string of Purdue/kansas/unc, our losses have come to lesser teams when we were on a streak and caught sleeping.

I do not think we are there. In fact, I think we could be on the brink of a streak. I don’t think we got lucky against Texas. Think we had one of our worst games, and still won a game that shouldnt have been close. We’ve been a bit off since Kentucky. I think we are still getting our barring straight from that.

Creighton is the type of team we would overlook. And they’re very good, well coached, hit baskets. That’s why they are the team I feared most in this tournament. But we are not on a streak. We are not complacent right now. We have no reason to be. If anything, we should have a chip on our shoulder. IF we can beat them, I will feel confident about a second shot at Purdue. And if we won that game I’d book my trip to phoenix that night. Not saying we’d win it all, but if we win this next game, I’ll feel as good about our end of season potential as I have all year.

So, question is: can we right the ship with this game, the most important game we’ve played all season? Do we have a 4 game streak in us? We’d be underdogs in the last 3. I’m dying to believe…

VN Store

Back