The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. [15] Saint Peter's Game Thread, 9:20 PM ET, TNT

Tell you what hat, so far officials are letting a lot of contact go. We better be ready to play through contact better than we were against Miss St or we will be going home early.
There must have been a memo sent from some place high up that said "let them play". I noticed in the SEC tourny that it was more like football than basketball. Remember all the touch fouls that just killed us when we lost to USCe? They are not calling that now. It's been like a 180 degree shift. Of course when we start to play that way then the refs will probably start calling it tight again. I miss the more true basketball where they call 3 seconds, walking and charges. They really need to stop trying to mimic the NBA.

There must have been a memo sent from some place high up that said "let them play". I noticed in the SEC tourny that it was more like football than basketball. Remember all the touch fouls that just killed us when we lost to USCe? They are not calling that now. It's been like a 180 degree shift. Of course when we start to play that way then the refs will probably start calling it tight again. I miss the more true basketball where they call 3 seconds, walking and charges. They really need to stop trying to mimic the NBA.
Tournament is a TV product. It’s not good TV to watch a free throw fest. Purdue better look out.

I am not worried. Saint Peters doesn't have the physicality to matchup well with Tennessee. We will see though. Any team can have a day where 3s are constantly dropping. Weathering any storm like that is critical.
Agreed for tonight. The next round is where it starts to become a factor but only if officiated where teams are allowed to beat us up with no calls. We just need to be tougher than who we’re playing, play through contact and win the 50-50 balls. We do that and we should win our region. Tall order of course.

There’s some unexplained bookkeeping in the 1940s. The SEC gives 1941 and 1943 to TN and 1942 to KY. Wikipedia shows co-champions all 3 years. Either the SEC recognizes a tie breaker or WW2 disrupted the recognition of champions.

Weird. Tennessee was 7-1 in the SEC in 41-42. Kentucky was 6-2. How was Kentucky the champion?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back