While the bad loss to MSU will not drop the Vols below a #2 seed.

VolonTyne

It may drop them below the highest #2 seed and that would move them into a Purdue/UConn/Houston bracket. Even if the Vols and Santi/JJJ somehow come out of their offensive funk of the last two games playing themselves into a lower #2 seed may make any hopes of a Final Four much much harder. So yes this tourney loss may very much matter.

Looking at the bright side—nobody got hurt, and it might make us hungry.

When ZZ hit two threes and mashack was getting hot, I don’t understand putting Dalton back in. I love his confidence, but he was cold all day. As soon as he came back in he launched a long 3, bricked it out of bounds, and the game was over after that.

My guess is we will be 2 seed in the East w/ UConn.
AZ gets the 2 seed in West
Iowa St gets 2 seed in South
And Marquette with Purdue
Iowa State can’t be the 2-seed in the South because Houston will be the 1-seed. They’re from the same conference so ISU will be in the Midwest or East.

Reactions: wmcovol

When ZZ hit two threes and mashack was getting hot, I don’t understand putting Dalton back in. I love his confidence, but he was cold all day. As soon as he came back in he launched a long 3, bricked it out of bounds, and the game was over after that.
I hope this

the shallacking by kentucky on your home court should have actually been a wake up call or "made us hungry".

they never rolled out of bed for todays game

Both games, this one and Kentucky, showed our opponents how to beat this team= punch us in the mouth early and get a little lead, watch us panic. Kentucky did it hitting 3's and MSU just played tough defense and never let us get going. We don't play good when we're the favored team

This tournament meant nothing toward seeding but definitely took the shine off our brand new SEC title. The loss hurts but probably gives them a better shot at advancement next week.

What? We were in line for a No.1 seed---and now we almost assuredly aren't, after that crapfest. So, yes, it meant a helluva lot toward
seeding. We could had Iowa State as the 2 seed out West, potentially. That's a helluva lot better matchup than facing UConn, Houston or Purdue, one of which we're now going to get--IF we get to the Elite Eight game, which of course is a huge IF as we've moved into stink-up-the-joint territory.

Reactions: VollerNbham
Both games, this one and Kentucky, showed our opponents how to beat this team= punch us in the mouth early and get a little lead, watch us panic. Kentucky did it hitting 3's and MSU just played tough defense and never let us get going. We don't play good when we're the favored team

We've won games all season as the favored team. We just stunk up the place today.

Iowa State can’t be the 2-seed in the South because Houston will be the 1-seed. They’re from the same conference so ISU will be in the Midwest or East.
oh you’re right. Probably this then.
Houston - Marquette ( South)
UNC - AZ (West )
Purdue - ISU ( Midwest)
UConn - TN ( East )

None and done is even a possibility. When Virginia was the first 1 seed to lose in the first round, they were a defensive-minded team with an inconsistent offense. UMBC hit some threes, got the crowd on their side, put some game pressure on UVa, and they Hoos couldn’t handle it.

This exact scenario is entirely within the realm of possibility with this Tennessee team (except for the 1 seed part).

Or, you know, they could survive and advance to the school’s first Final Four. We’ll find out soon enough.

Reactions: volfeeva

VN Store

Back