'25 TN DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)

Fwiw Tennessee has done a good job locking these things down in the end when it’s an in-state priority. Good teams want good players.

Bama wanted Arion Carter. Michigan wanted Boo Carter. Notre Dame wanted Kaleb Beasley. Ohio State wanted Edwin Spillman.

Outside of Amari Jefferson, they’ve won these battles. Utley is someone they absolutely have to land and I still think Tennessee is in a solid spot

Fwiw Tennessee has done a good job locking these things down in the end when it’s an in-state priority. Good teams want good players.

Bama wanted Arion Carter. Michigan wanted Boo Carter. Notre Dame wanted Kaleb Beasley. Ohio State wanted Edwin Spillman.

Outside of Amari Jefferson, they’ve won these battles. Utley is someone they absolutely have to land and I still think Tennessee is in a solid spot
IMG_5481.gif

I think it al comes down to: does he want to play football for the University of Tennessee? If so, I bet we’re the pick. But if he doesn’t want to play football for the University of Tennessee, it’s unlikely were the pick.
I hate how complicated this new age of college football is.

I wouldn’t count chickens…Texas is in this!
-AP

Responding to a poster asking what happened to CRG supposedly having a strong connection here:

“It’s still strong. I still think TN is deep in it. Just don’t believe it’s done and I know Texas is in play.”
-AP

And Matt Ray chiming in because people are attacking AP for saying something they don’t want to hear, “There’s no trolling on it. Texas is deep in this one, too. This will be a push to the finish for both schools.”
-M Ray
This actually makes me more optimistic. Georgia and Clemson would scare me a lot more for a kid from Nashville. I just don’t see him going all the way out to Texas. If they are Tennessee’s closest competition, I like Tennessee’s chances.

This actually makes me more optimistic. Georgia and Clemson would scare me a lot more for a kid from Nashville. I just don’t see him going all the way out to Texas. If they are Tennessee’s closest competition, I like Tennessee’s chances.
Relationships are strongest to those two, based on what Ive read. Granted ive not kept up recently.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Texas smoke just feels like On3 guys wanting the kid to have his moment.

IIRC there was some kid recently who felt like a sure fire Vol but kept pumping there being a mystery team laying in the weeds… only to find out the kid decided more than a month prior that he was a vol and had been peer recruiting to Tennessee.

IIRC there was some kid recently who felt like a sure fire Vol but kept pumping there being a mystery team laying in the weeds… only to find out the kid decided more than a month prior that he was a vol and had been peer recruiting to Tennessee.
Initial articles id read were that his Mom had deep ties to Georgia, and because RG came to TN they gave us a look. Again, that was my takeaway. IOW, kid was a Dawg until first visit to TN, RG got us in with relationships to family. Clemson came on afterward. Texas, wth. Who knows?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

No. The Texas smoke is real. Their staff feels optimistic. Not optimistic in the sense of “we are getting him” but optimistic in that they feel they have a real shot.

I’m not an insider, just tight with someone who knows a defensive assistant there.

No. The Texas smoke is real. Their staff feels optimistic. Not optimistic in the sense of “we are getting him” but optimistic in that they feel they have a real shot.

I’m not an insider, just tight with someone who knows a defensive assistant there.
Georgia, Florida, and Bammer recruiting:

'He's a local kid, and a shoe in'.

Tennessee recruiting:

'Grew up a fan of Tennessee, loves it here, family very close to staff. Watch your nads.'

That said; still saying he's a Vol.

I think it al comes down to: does he want to play football for the University of Tennessee? If so, I bet we’re the pick. But if he doesn’t want to play football for the University of Tennessee, it’s unlikely were the pick.
It’s almost like you read my mind.

VN Store

Back