Recruiting Football Talk VII

Guys I’m gonna kinda open up a bit here. Last April I suffered a supposed concussion. And I really haven’t been the same since. In July I started seeing static in my vision and ultimately it seems like I’ve developed something called Visual Snow Syndrome. There are no definitive treatments for it at this time. It’s been kinda hell living with it and trying to adapt to it. It’s exhausting. I won’t go into much more detail at what I have to put up with every day, but wonky visuals, no energy, and daily migraines are just the surface of it.

I just ask for prayers. In surviving but I miss living.
🧡& 🙏& Hugs

Compare that to Frank Haith who participated in Shapiro’s scheme at Miami ….lied about it and served a few games suspension… ran to Missouri… committed several more violations and got the NCAA hammer down on them which led him to run to Tulsa to become their head coach.

Pearl was given a three year show cause for lying about a minor rule that the NCAA decided was legal before they ruled against Pearl. A rule that he called the NCAA and told them the truth before their NCAA investigation was over…..You know who hasn’t admitted lying…. Frank Haith who was found guilty of doing so much more egregious offenses…. Our AD has one major job…. protect our athletic department… A job that mike hamilton failed miserably at.
With what came out about Shapiro and his going-on's with Miami, they should have been hit with, maybe, the worst penalties since SMU (repeat offenders is an understatement); however, the reason Haith and others escaped nearly untouched, and Miami weren't hit as hard by the NCAA as they should have been, is this...

"Before the NCAA penalties were announced, it was revealed that NCAA enforcement staff paid Shapiro's lawyer $25,000 to call in University of Miami personnel during an unassociated legal deposition for Shapiro's bankruptcy, and ask a specific list of questions related to the university's scandal. Shapiro's attorney used her subpoena power in the bankruptcy case to question two witnesses who were crucial to the NCAA's case. The NCAA had no subpoena power, and neither witness had any obligation to talk to the association. The backlash from the revelations about the NCAA's activities, coupled with the university's unprecedented self-imposed sanctions, helped the Miami Hurricanes escape additional harsh NCAA penalties."

Again...1000014283.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Monday

March 4, 2024: Sometimes it feels like you take two steps forward and one step back, but you are making progress. Refuse to get impatient with your current circumstances and be at peace with gaining what ground you can. Continue to keep your eyes on your ultimate goal, and trust that I am with you every step of the way, says the Lord. Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the Pearl BBQ fiasco ...

The UT Administration knew the NCAA had the picture from Pearl's BBQ that proved he violated an NCAA rule. The UT administration chose NOT to let Pearl know about the picture before Pearl and his assistant coaches were interviewed by the NCAA. Guessing about 99% of other schools would have warned their coach ahead of time if they wanted to retain the coach.

So I blame Pearl AND the UT administration for getting Pearl fired. They both were equally to blame.

Wizzer…how soon we forget Jermey Pruitt and Donnie tyndall. @Weezer

If you’re going to throw rocks at the glass house..make sure you’re hitting all 3..Bruce hasn’t been the only coach that cost us.doesn’t change the fact out of the 3 he brought the most swagger and history back to the university..still in my opinion a sold hire when nobody knew who he was.bruce was a diamond in the rough just like vitello.Tennessee made his coaching career take off and that always seems to be the case here just like with lane kiffin
Funny you should mention Pearl and Kiffin on the same point. Both are clowns and charlatans and I couldn't stand either one of them even when everyone was super high on them when they were here. Neither one of them were a fit at Tennessee.
Now they are at schools that are perfect for them. Auburn and Ole Miss are and always have been shady schools that love gimmicky stuff. Both schools need to be like that to stay relevant and compete once and awhile. We don't need that at Tennessee. It doesn't surprise me that Freeze end up at Auburn.

Last edited:
It is dance competition day. Please say a prayer for me. I have to sit in an auditorium for 8 hours to watch my daughter perform what will amount to about 20 minutes of dancing.
When my daughter was in competitive dance, I read a lot. Of course it was the dark years of VN. I could keep up, but the place was littered with negaVols.

I used Shazzam to capture any dance song that I liked.

People don’t realize how tough it is to be a Dance Dad. You rarely get to help, unless your dance studio has props.

A friend has a kid on the swim team who can comprehend how long it takes. Track and field is the same.

I was lucky that the dance studio knew that I could handle any injuries. Dancers are some of the toughest athletes out there. Unless they have a bone sticking out, they want you to fix it quickly and get out of the way…😎

I also occupied my “free time “ dreaming of the future when our Vols could win a Championship. You can now just read VN and see it unfold. 🤠

15-0 🤠

Don’t forget March Madness and the CWS!

VN Store

Back